for heavens sake, I STILL EAT BREAD AND LOSE WEIGHT!

Options

Replies

• katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    YES, me too - lower calorie; but I still eat pasta and rice as well. It's all about moderation.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! i still eat bread, and i eat quite a lot of rice. however i get a balanced diet so i dont see the issue!!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    But, but, but I saw a study once by the meat industry that said carbs are bad and you should only eat beef.
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I've always been a big carb fan - and I have lost weight while eating carbs.

I choose healthier whole grains instead of over-processed grains...I go for unbleached and natural grains (NO WHITE BREAD).

I have a certain percentage of my diet that is for carbs/grains/wheats....and I stick to it as close as possible.

I did the Atkins diet a long time ago when it first became popular....and I did drop weight on it - as well as have stinky breath all of the time due to ketosis. Once I added carbs back into the diet - I gained weight immediately! SO, unless you're prepared to NEVER eat a slice of bread again - I wouldn't bother.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Lots of carbs when I can get them.

Ninjas eat rice...nuff said.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out completely and I have still lost weight.

I have just cut back on certain things (such as junk food/fast food).

It is all about eating in moderation....

I love bread! Yummy!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32 lbs so far and dropped from a size 11 to a 3(sometimes a 1) and ate bread the ENTIRE time.

I frickin' love carbs!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I eat bread daily. Well except for today we are out :( I lost 76 pounds while eating bread. So ha.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    seen a lot of posts lately regarding "whole grain/wheat" bread/brown rice.. and such.. I am not understand why alot of people choose to cut them out COMPLETELY... I have lost weight with still eating bread, at a deficit.. eating healthy and working out...

please tell me I am not the only one? share YOUR success so we can put the "bad carbs" posts to rest!

Me too and I ... shhhh... sometimes even eat WHITE bread *gasp* I know it's not good for me but once in a while I want white bread with peanut butter on it!!!
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i have lost 65 pounds and did not cut out bread either. i love it too much...i have cut down on how much i eat but did not give it up...
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I heart carbs. I eat heaping bowls of pasta 2-3 times a week.

I keep it under my calories and it's never been a problem.

Unless you have PCOS or some other problem processing food there's no reason to go low carb. Cutting out whole food groups is just fad dieting.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread lover here.... 17 lbs loss. :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I eat around 300 g of carbs daily...
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I still eat bread/grain and pasta too. I have just become very cautious of portion size(s) and calories. I haven't eaten white bread in years though, always preferred a whole grain/wheat anyhow. I switched from white rice to brown rice a ways back, same with pasta, no more white pasta. Whole grain all the way.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Whats crazy is I eat Unicorn almost everyday and have not gain an ounce of weight
  • loadedwords
    loadedwords Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I choose whole grains over white breads/rice because of the health benefits, not weight loss (you can definitely still lose eating white bread!). That being said, I eat a lot of carbs (my goal is 55% of my daily calories) and have lost 30 pounds.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I literally eat anything I want...... in moderation! And YES...... that includes bread. I've lost 27 lbs. including bread. It can be done! Take away all my carbs..... and you really don't want to be around me! :grumble:
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    This post made me smile. Yup, still eat bread every freakin' day and stay under.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I fix myself a breakfast sandwich every morning with Arnold's Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins... high fiber/ high protein. I use egg beaters, honey ham and low fat cheese.

I do cut back on carbs but that's because I was eating way too many carbs before. I use brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole grain/whole wheat breads, etc. It's all in moderation.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    yeah, but do you eat them after 6pm mountain time?