I really want a damn cupcake

Options

Replies

• kskye82
    kskye82 Posts: 56
    Options
    Are those chocolate 56 calorie Rice Cakes at most grocery stores???
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i love the orange hostess cupcakes id lay naked in a bed of them

OMG Me too. Seriously addictive.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I've been craving cupcakes too :( Planning on a cupcake date after my sons tball game saturday. Over priced cupcakes are perfect when you only want one. lol
  • lisabert
    lisabert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    my feeling is, if you really want one, go find a little tiny one and have it. sometimes the only way to scratch an itch is to scratch it.
  • ErikaNichele
    Options
    bump
  • KarenReichel
    Options
    Pineapple angelfood cupcakes.......

box of angelfood cake mix
    1 lrg can of crushed pineapple

THATS IT
    bake em regular size cupcakes for 69 calories per cupcake.

I take 2 and split them in half place them in a bowl, cut up some strawberries and a dollop of light cool whip, like a mock strawberry shortcake without the guilt.......aaaaaaaamazing :)

Thia sounds good!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Read my blog.... do you want the cupcake and desire to die in 20 years????? If so, that is your future!!!!!!
    One cupcake is not going to kill anyone. Calm down.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

This ^^
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the recipes. They sound yummy:love: .
  • Caiii
    Caiii Posts: 27
    Options
    Have you seen those adorable mug cake recipes? Where it's a single serving in a mug that you pop in the microwave?
    I adapted some recipes I had seen to make mine healthier--it's 100 calories of deliiiiiiiciousness.

3 T flour
    1 T cocoa powder
    1 T apple sauce
    1/4 T baking powder
    teeeny dash of salt
    teeeny dash of vanilla
    1.5 packets of Stevia
    3 T of 35 calorie almond milk

Mix all the dry ingredients together really well before adding the wet ingredients.
    Pop in the microwave for about 40 seconds, and enjoy chocolatey goodness.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Read my blog.... do you want the cupcake and desire to die in 20 years????? If so, that is your future!!!!!!

Please. This much stress over a cupcake will kill you much faster than any cupcake ever could.
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    Eat a cupcake...enjoy your life. Run a couple extra blocks.

Do you realize how many extra blocks she would have to run to offset the calories in a cupcake?

First item in search for "cupcake" per MFP: 250 calories

A 150 pound person (no idea of her actual weight...somewhat random number here) running at 5 mph for an hour burns about 540 calories. That's 28 minutes of running to burn 250 calories. (Ignoring the lesser issues such as burning fewer calories throughout the day after cardio, the possible impairment of recovery from strength training, etc.)

I'm not saying it isn't a viable solution, but it's important to know what's involved.

(Sorry, this rant is most likely the result of too many times reading things like "Go ahead and eat that extra Chipotle burrito, just do some extra situps tonight" without realizing that someone would have to do 1,600 situps in 2.5 hours to burn the 900ish calories.)

Dagnabbit...now I want a cupcake.

How many calories did you burn creating this educational rant?

Not many, but I'm currently trying to put on some weight so no worries. However, that's five minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

how about having a cupcake?

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that?

Oh yeah, now I remember. I've been eating almost entirely paleo for about six months now, and I want my extra calories to be whole/clean/paleotastic foods. So no cupcakes for me. I guess someone else can eat my cupcake for me.

I'll take them. And I won't regret it one bit.
  • Caiii
    Caiii Posts: 27
    Options

That is absolutely ridiculous. One cupcake is not going to kill you; in fact, one cupcake could be easily coordinated into a healthy diet. Moderation is key, complete deprivation will ultimately lead to binging.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Didn't read through all the replays so sorry of this a repeat. 2 great recipes courtesy of Pinterest and I've tried and they're amazing.

Chocolate Cupcakes-90 cals regular size or 45 cals for a mini

1 box devils food cake with 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt. Mix togethor and bake!

Spice Cupcake-Same calorie count as above

1 box of spice cake mix, 1 can pumpkin and 1 c of water. Mix and bake!

I dip these in fat free cool whip.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I also divide the batter out and freeze so I only make 6 at a time and take the the last 3-4 to work or my patients.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Nice work. You win today's
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have your cup cake right before you are about to step on the treadmill or lift weights and go an extra push!!!
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    Split a cupcake with someone. Half the calories. I'm a cupcake baker with a local TV spot so I constantly write new recipes and always have them in the house. Trust me, you can make a cupcake work.

Ahhh! I'm a cupcake (&cake &cookie) baker too! :-)

Um yea ... cuz you're awesome!
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options

Please. This much stress over a cupcake will kill you much faster than any cupcake ever could.

I'm a freakin' murderer! I've pretty much attempted murder on half my town if cupcakes kill. BTW I definitely had my first cupcake well over 20 years ago and I'm still here.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Now I want a cupcake. I have the calories, but no place to go and buy just one this time of night. So sad.