A bit of encouragement for those with lots to lose...

Options

Replies

• megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Holy heck! I really needed to see this. Thank you, and congratulations! AMAAAAZING!
  • Jem_Girl
    Jem_Girl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the pics and timeline! Very inspirational to someone who's just hit that turning point.
  • Blaireli
    Blaireli Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this - your story is absolutely amazing and inspiring. :)
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. Have really needed some encouragement the last few weeks!
  • Jhuff4
    Jhuff4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. Much needed!!!
  • mischief1on1
    Options
    That is such encouragement!!! I'm at your starting weight but am only 5'-4" Yep I can do this!

You are a great encourgement!!!
  • SweetDee80
    SweetDee80 Posts: 62
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing. Thank you for the encouragement. You look fantastic! I think the hardest part about setting a goal of losing a lot of weight, is patience. We all want results now and it is hard to see in the future. I am currently not weighing myself. I got really discouraged when I was eating healthy and working out, and the number on the scale was still the same. I just joined a fitness boot camp for a month. I weighed in at the start of it and will not get back on that scale till the four weeks are over.

Holla weight loss! Get it girl!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing. Thank you for the encouragement. You look fantastic! I think the hardest part about setting a goal of losing a lot of weight, is patience. We all want results now and it is hard to see in the future. I am currently not weighing myself. I got really discouraged when I was eating healthy and working out, and the number on the scale was still the same. I just joined a fitness boot camp for a month. I weighed in at the start of it and will not get back on that scale till the four weeks are over.

Holla weight loss! Get it girl!
    Instead of just weight goals, I think it's helpful to set other goals for yourself too that are more based on health than a number on the scale.

For instance - lower your resting heart rate; lower your cholesterol/blood pressure; do a real push-up; fit comfortably in a booth at a restaurant - all of these are excellent measures of progress even if the scale doesn't always cooperate.
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    A little tired and down right now, but not after seeing your posts. Thanks for sharing your great story. Quite uplifting!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    You... Are.... Amazing! Probably one of the best transformations i've seen!
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE! You look amazing :)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    First off, AWESOME!!!!!!! You look amazing!! Now please don't break my heart and tell me you had an arm lift or a tummy tuck!! Your skin looks amazing!! That's an issue I worry about is the loose skin from weight loss!! After I have my baby I will have about 50 pounds to lose!! I am hoping my skin will bounce back too!!!
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    You have lost so much weight , you look awesome! Very inspiring to help me lose weight now . :bigsmile:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! :)
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!!! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • jnerdin
    jnerdin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for not stopping half-way through. At some point along the way, you must have felt like you were already looking pretty darn good and you could have easily decided that that was good enough. I know I don't have the same motivation to lose the last 20 lbs as I did to lose the first 50. The photos of your progress along the way show that, although it comes off little by little, dramatic changes are possible if you just stick with it. Way to go!
  • yourieann
    yourieann Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    when will i ever get there
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and great results. I think most of us with a nice bit to lose struggle with the "is it really possible" question and usually can't see results initially, even through they are there.

Wish you the best!
  • Atsumi
    Atsumi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look EXCELLENT!!!! ... you are awesome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!