A bit of encouragement for those with lots to lose...

Options

Replies

• CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Fantastic... you look so genuinely happy - and that's really the ultimate goal. :flowerforyou:
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Just the encouragement I needed today. I have been stuck at the same weight for a month, eating in my calorie range, running and now starting to lift weights. I see a lot of people are having good results with weights.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look fantastic and thanks for sharing this with us !
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You have just motivated me more than any other. I have been heavy my whole life and have just recently decided to lose weight when I stepped on the dreaded scale and noticed that I now weigh 386 lbs, which is the heaviest I have EVER been. I never thought I would weigh this much. Needless to say it has put me on the path to take control of my body and of my life. Thank you for the inspiration, I just needed to see that it CAN be done, with the right will power and support. Congrats to you, and thank you for sharing!
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that - it can be very discouraging. It saddens me sometimes when I realize what I've done to my body over the years. I've got a long way to go but I'm taking it one day at a time. You're story reminds me that the goal may look distant but I get closer with every step.
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Gives me hope to get to my goal and know that I'll look great too. I'm starting out an inch shorter than you but at my highest I was 310 (granted I was pregnant at the time). I've lost over 30 so far but I feel like I've got such a long way to go still. Seeing your progress shows me that it's possible and that patience will make it happen. You look awesome! :bigsmile:
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! great job!
  • fishfish3
    fishfish3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thank you for the inspiration! Just awesome!
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    you look rockin!
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look so much younger! You also look really happy. You have so much to be proud of! Thanks for being an inspiration!
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Awesome job! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Jerrawuff
    Jerrawuff Posts: 58
    Options
    Oh my gosh you just gave me such inspiration... I see a lot of befor and afters that disourage me because I want a flat nice stomach! and for you to make this transformation is AMAZING!!!! Awesome job and thanks so much!
  • berkra
    berkra Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I should have read this before I got myself down,
    great job and it shows that it takes some time
  • wifeygrooms
    wifeygrooms Posts: 49
    Options
    You rock!!!! So inspirational!!!!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is amazing - you are amazing. I thank you for showing it in stages. Our weight didn't come on over night so we really can't expect to lose over night either (although that would be great! haha). It's great to see the progress and also amazing to show someone (no disrespect) but someone so big, achieve a very small size. I hope I make myself clear - I'm not being awful at all - contrary to that. It just gives us big girls (like me) hope that maybe I will and can achieve my mid 20's size again!!

Thank you for this post.

x
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is amazing - you are amazing. I thank you for showing it in stages. Our weight didn't come on over night so we really can't expect to lose over night either (although that would be great! haha). It's great to see the progress and also amazing to show someone (no disrespect) but someone so big, achieve a very small size. I hope I make myself clear - I'm not being awful at all - contrary to that. It just gives us big girls (like me) hope that maybe I will and can achieve my mid 20's size again!!

Thank you for this post.

x
    Ha! Absolutely no offense taken! I posted specifically because I *was* so big and have come so far - I want everyone to know that they can do it, too!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are amazing!!! :heart:
  • fooshan
    fooshan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you're my new idol!
    it's so hard to keep going.
    I wonder if you ever fall off the wagon during your journey.
    How do you get back in the game?
  • alaina216
    alaina216 Posts: 103
    Options
    Thank you! this is exactly what I needed today :) GREAT JOB!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    you're my new idol!
    it's so hard to keep going.
    I wonder if you ever fall off the wagon during your journey.
    How do you get back in the game?
    This is my motto:

EVERY CHOICE YOU MAKE ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL PUT IN YOUR BODY AND HOW YOU WILL MOVE YOUR BODY WILL EITHER PUT YOU ONE STEP CLOSER TO GOOD HEALTH OR ONE STEP FURTHER AWAY.

Every day, try to make the right choices. Even if the scale doesn't move at the pace you want it to, as long as you are making positive food and fitness choices, you are getting healthier each day, and THAT is what is truly important.

That being said, no, I haven't fallen off the wagon because I always focused on health instead of the scale, which made it easier to stay on track.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!