A bit of encouragement for those with lots to lose...

Options

Replies

• Kendralatricewilliams
    Kendralatricewilliams Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    U are my inspiration. I too am morbidly obesed. And by looking at ur sucess and life change, I have a whole new lease on what I can do as well. I am so happy for for. And I not asheamed to say U R ONE HOT MAMA.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    And this is why so many of us just LOVE you. You inspire me every day! :heart: u girl.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for posting the progress pictures at different stages. It helps to see where others are compared to where I am. I do have to say though, I am most jealous of your profile picture! I so wish I could do a back bend!!
  • graciemom828
    Options
    You are utterly amazing - I am sitting with 30 I want to lose and am struggling hugely. My age is against me at 59 as is being post-menopausal (hysterctomy at age 40). Good for you!
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    1 word ......AWESOME!
  • doberfan
    doberfan Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you for posting! This type of post is the best type of encouragement. You should be proud. You look fantastic!
  • CocoAndButter
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing! Beautiful transformation!!!!
  • Fallen_Angel226
    Options
    WOW. Congrats!!!! You look amazing. How did you do it? I'm the same height as you, and I have quite a bit of weight to lose.....Would love some tips :)
    Thank you!

Here's a blog I wrote a few months ago about how I did it:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/CoryIda/view/how-did-you-do-it-200995

awesome thanks so much! :)
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your journey. You are sooooooo right, it CAN be done at ANY age. I went from size 20 to size 4/6. It feels fabulous!

Grannygethealthy1111, Great work as well! AMAZING!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    You could totally be the poster child for MFP! And you answer and dispell all the myths about women and body building and the benefits gained from it. You look fit, trim and sexy!
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is incredibly AWESOME!!!!! I have hit a HUGE plateau and that right there gave me some motivation to keep going. . . Thanks so much :flowerforyou:

I'm going to friend request you, if you dont mind :happy:
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    WOW GREAT JOB!!!! I am very proud of you. you look so good! :flowerforyou:
  • juicyfruitkk
    juicyfruitkk Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That's amazing...and motivating!
    what does your work out look like?
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    THANK YOU! Your post is just what I needed. You are an amazing inspiration.
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Thanks for posting such an inspirational story. The thing I need to learn is patience. I am sure I am not alone in that. Thanks again!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! I am on kind of the same journey and reading your story really gives me encouragement that I can get there. If you don't mind me asking a personal question, I started my journey at 333 and am currently down to 230. I am having a tough time with all the excess skin. How did you find it? Are there specific excercises that you are doing to avoid it? Over time do you find that it is getting tighter?

Here's what you CAN do about avoiding excess skin:
    1) Eat well. Nutritious foods help you be healthy inside and out
    2) Drink plenty of water - hydrated skin has more elasticity.
    3) Exercise - this includes strength training. Don't worry, you won't get bulky. It's almost impossible for women to bulk up.
    4) Moisturize. A good lotion or oil or body butter.

Aside from that, age and genetics will also play a big role.

Also, I do have excess skin, it is just on my lower tummy and inner thighs, so most people never see it.

Good luck!
  • Jackie_XOXOXO
    Jackie_XOXOXO Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just as everyone on your replies have said, AMAZING!!! you truly are inspriing to me!! I was at my heaviest at 264, im 5'4, I started losing weight and working hard and reached 210. Then I gave up as I wanted quick results.. I am up to 220 now. But more than ever I am determined to loose thise weight and be healthy and fit. Your story just motivates me that much more!!! Thank you for sharing your success and helping me understand that good results are not quickly achieved!!
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! AWESOME JOB!!! YOU LOOK GREAT!!!
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    awesome job! very motivational and thanks for sharing!!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!