A bit of encouragement for those with lots to lose...

Options

Replies

• rmcdonald1982
    Options
    Ok that just made my day. I have been struggling with the idea of weight loss surgery. I have been going back and forth on "should I or shouldn't I?" After reading that post I have certainly made up my mind. I am sure it feels AWESOME to know that you did that all on your OWN. No surgery needed. I am not knocking people who get surgery I am just saying the feeling of losing weight is totally different when you work hard and get to a healthy weight yourself.

I am currently doing weight watchers and I am really thinking about cancelling my subscription (which of course I pay for) and start doing this. MFP makes it so much easier to track what you eat since you only need the calories and not all that other stuff. Also, its FREE!!!

You just inspired me SOOO much right now. I truly feel that when I get to my goal weight (and I WILL DO IT) I can say that you were one of my many inspirations. Thank you SOOOOO much.

A general question though - has everyone who lost a good amount of weight done it using MFP or have you used any other program also?

2931608.png
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I mean this in the nicest possible way, Cory, but "Show-off"! Jest aside, very well done indeed, from someone who has made some bad choices today.
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, fantastic post!!!:drinker:
  • ineedthis4me
    Options
    Thank you for posting! You inspire so many people!
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! You did all this with MFP? So amazing! Such an inspiration!
  • peanutbutterz
    peanutbutterz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. What an amazing story and the encourgement is more then welcomed!!! I am at the beginning of my journey and its stories like this that made me join MFP.. I have done it all and never have I been so inspired stories such as yours!!! Wow is all I can say. I look forward to "paying it forward" when I lose all my weight and posting my own story to inspire others!!!
  • mzbehaven1
    mzbehaven1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • MissKeeKee
    MissKeeKee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Incredibly amazing and encouraging!! Thank you so much for sharing this :)
  • yabba45
    yabba45 Posts: 35
    Options
    Absolutely inspiring! Way to go. Love all the photos, thanks for sharing
  • eagle_01
    eagle_01 Posts: 94
    Options
    Wow! That's very encouraging, thanks :-)
    You look fantastic, and so happy. well done!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting, this was great!
  • crice1397
    crice1397 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG such an sucess story, You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    you're my new idol!
    it's so hard to keep going.
    I wonder if you ever fall off the wagon during your journey.
    How do you get back in the game?
    This is my motto:

EVERY CHOICE YOU MAKE ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL PUT IN YOUR BODY AND HOW YOU WILL MOVE YOUR BODY WILL EITHER PUT YOU ONE STEP CLOSER TO GOOD HEALTH OR ONE STEP FURTHER AWAY.

Every day, try to make the right choices. Even if the scale doesn't move at the pace you want it to, as long as you are making positive food and fitness choices, you are getting healthier each day, and THAT is what is truly important.

That being said, no, I haven't fallen off the wagon because I always focused on health instead of the scale, which made it easier to stay on track.

Wise and inspiring words. And it shows that what you put in your body as well as your mindset helps determine what your outcome will be. Very inspiring.
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This is such an inspiring success story. I still have almost 60 lbs to go till I hit one-derland and another 40 till I get to my goal weight and sometimes it seems so far away. But seeing your story and your amazing transformation helps me believe that one day I can get there too! Keep up the awesome work! You look amazing!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! You did all this with MFP? So amazing! Such an inspiration!
    Thank you!

Yes, all of this was with MFP. Well, MFP and my own hard work.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for sharing. Love your approach and persistance. Mind if I follow?
    Feel great
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Ok that just made my day. I have been struggling with the idea of weight loss surgery. I have been going back and forth on "should I or shouldn't I?" After reading that post I have certainly made up my mind. I am sure it feels AWESOME to know that you did that all on your OWN. No surgery needed. I am not knocking people who get surgery I am just saying the feeling of losing weight is totally different when you work hard and get to a healthy weight yourself.

I am currently doing weight watchers and I am really thinking about cancelling my subscription (which of course I pay for) and start doing this. MFP makes it so much easier to track what you eat since you only need the calories and not all that other stuff. Also, its FREE!!!

You just inspired me SOOO much right now. I truly feel that when I get to my goal weight (and I WILL DO IT) I can say that you were one of my many inspirations. Thank you SOOOOO much.

A general question though - has everyone who lost a good amount of weight done it using MFP or have you used any other program also?

2931608.png

If you have lost 23 pounds on your own....you got it!! Just think of it in fractions....seriously the first few minutes of a workout are killer...same with weight loss....you got this far, you can do it for sure!

And about surgery...you still have to change your lifestyle, might as well do it without the hell of surgery.

I had gastric bypass in 2003 and lost 110 pounds in a year...started at 323. Well 4 years later I put half (55 pounds) right back on. Now I am doing it by eating healthy and exercise...and finding out I really could have done this in the first place....and not wasted the last 8 years. I am 2 pounds from my lowest after sugery weight....and 40 pounds from my goal. And much more proud of myself than when I did it after surgery! :).

You will be sooooo proud and will never gain it back if you just continue on with your change in lifestyle now!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    And to the OP....you made my day...seriously...I needed motivation this week, and you are it! Thank you so much for sharing your story!!
  • JanetCoulter1517
    JanetCoulter1517 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you and I am so incredibly freaking proud of you! Thank you for sharing that and for sharing your pictures! xox
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!