do you log your cheat days/meals?

Options
I do, because even It was an allowed cheat, I still wanna remain accountable and know exactly what that food did to me and if it was really worth it.

Replies

• js25698
    js25698 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I log them too. You can't change what you've already done or eaten but hopefully seeing it in black and white will keep you from repeating the same mistakes.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I log every single thing I eat, as accurately as i can, the good the bad and the ugly.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    i dont on the weekends.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I do... every day.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I do. There's no point not to. You still ate it didn't you? The calories don't go away because theyre not logged.
  • Samson_S
    Samson_S Posts: 15
    Options
    I log on weekends/cheat days, if I have time...bad or not...its a lil harder tho...no fancy phone app so...if I'm out and about and dont' get home till 9pm...I don't waste sleep on it....
  • Stevalli
    Stevalli Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I log everything Monday - Friday but tend to struggle to log at the weekends, but yes, I would log my bad days too
  • baronessashley
    Options
    Absolutely. I find it helps to look at it staring you in the face. Also, I always find it shocking how many calories/fat something had if I wasn't paying attention.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I log everything I consume. I found I'm a grazer, walk past some food, grab a bit. I was really bad when prepping meals. (I love to cook) Logging everything has made me realize the grazer in me and am taking steps to control it.

The iPhone app helps with this for me.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth on this. Sometimes when I do log a free day, I'm surprised that it's not that bad. Other times it's so off the charts that I just figure it's ridiculous. You know, like you go to a party, and there's chips and dips and you had like 40 beers, and salami and crackers and cheese and beans and coleslaw and potato salad and a hotdog and a cheese burger. That kind of thing, it's like, forget it. Tomorrows a new day.
  • LoseThisGut2012
    Options
    Ugh sometimes I do sometimes I don't. I usually slip up on the weekends that I go out. There is usually drinks involved and then I'll eat something that I'm sure had way too many calories so I don't bother. I've logged in 10days in a row so far so I'm getting better (^_^)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I don't "cheat" - I just live my life.

And I log it.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Exactly. I log what I eat. I don't "cheat". Most of the time its what I should eat. Once in a while its stuff thats not so good for me that tastes really good!
  • Por2gueseMama
    Por2gueseMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I always log in my cheat days so i can look back and try to work off those extra cals the next day it helps me get thru my tough workouts!!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything.... the only thing I don't is when we have a potluck and i eat a little bit of many things. It is too hard to even guess the ingredients and calories but I know I always gain the next day so I overeat for sure.
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    So for you 'non cheaters', would that mean you'd log/not cheat on a cruise or vacation? Thanksgiving?
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    So for you 'non cheaters', would that mean you'd log/not cheat on a cruise or vacation? Thanksgiving?

No, I still would. I just don't consider eating different than I normally do as 'cheating'. It's called living.

Most of the time I am not on vacation. When I go on vacation, does that mean I'm 'cheating' on my normal life? No.

So why would occasionally eating something fattening, sweet, etc be considered cheating?

That's how I see it anyway.
  • sarahdee2007
    sarahdee2007 Posts: 257
    Options

No, I still would. I just don't consider eating different than I normally do as 'cheating'. It's called living.

Most of the time I am not on vacation. When I go on vacation, does that mean I'm 'cheating' on my normal life? No.

So why would occasionally eating something fattening, sweet, etc be considered cheating?

That is a great way to look at things!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    On Friday nights I eat a bad meal, usually a cheeseburger and fries and have dessert. I log everything I eat except for what I eat on Friday nights. I am maintaining and have not gained any weight doing this, I've been doing this for years. I love sweets so since I know I get "real" dessert on Friday nights, I don't even think about eating unhealthy desserts during the week.
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options

Oh, I guess I was interpreting 'cheating' as knowingly going over your calorie count. You can eat something fattening, sweet, etc. w/o 'cheating' if it fits into your count. So, vacations are expensive and hard to come by and the point is to relax, enjoy, etc. I guess being there and eating rice cakes all day would lessen the enjoyment but then completely blowing your count on alcohol and large portions of rich foods would have a negative effect on your attitude as well. Maybe rice cakes one day and pizza the next.