Replies

• countrygirlatheart0717
    countrygirlatheart0717 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I log everything, good or bad. If a feel an urge to eat something that is not always healthy I still log, it holds me accountable for everything I eat.
  • jstrong123
    jstrong123 Posts: 10
    Options
    If you're going to use a tool for keeping track, I'd say track everything. Certainly don't feel guilty about your cheat days - they are an expected part of your plan. But yeah, I log everything without exception personally. -J
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do. There's no point not to. You still ate it didn't you? The calories don't go away because theyre not logged.

I couldn't agree with this more. You aren't fooling anyone but yourself by eliminating the "cheats". Plus it's good to log them because it may help you see a pattern or something that triggers the cheats. : )
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    No. Fridays are my cheat day and I do not log any food. I would become obsessed with it. I want Friday to be my spike day for calories and carbs...and I know that if I saw the calories and carbs, I would stop at 1800 calories.

I do log my exercise tho.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat or drink. Period. Even if it means I log a 1,000 overage. So far my biggest overage has been 600.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Yes, everything.
  • jules1202
    jules1202 Posts: 65
    Options
    So for you 'non cheaters', would that mean you'd log/not cheat on a cruise or vacation? Thanksgiving?

Cruising at the end of the month and I will not be logging food. Its vacation, when I throw off the restrictions I impose on myself. Right now I am choosing extra healthy and additional exercise in prep for the cruise. I will still eat smart but I will be having desert every night :)
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Yes, sometimes accurately but mostly I just add quick calories with my max for the day... I might have a cheat day after hiking 10 miles and go out to eat food that is not easily tracked or it could be from the minute I get up on the weekend and couch potato it all day long. So the quick calorie option is nice :)
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    We've been staying with friends in California this week and we have continued to log everything. I cringe a lot of times when I see the damage, but I'd rather face it than not. Last night was interesting. They fed us Vietnamese food. I didn't think I would be able to log it because it was homemade, but I found it! We had crepes and then green tea ice cream. OMG it was all so good!
  • dancecentral
    dancecentral Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I raise my calorie goal slightly (200-400) on weekends so I can have a couple beers or a treat but I still log it...
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I log everything....and I refer to them as free days...I am not cheating, I am living my life and I have days when I feel "free" to eat what i want, "cheat" makes me feel like there should be guilt involved and I don't feel guilty about eating what I want once in a while:)
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    So for you 'non cheaters', would that mean you'd log/not cheat on a cruise or vacation? Thanksgiving?

No, I still would. I just don't consider eating different than I normally do as 'cheating'. It's called living.

Most of the time I am not on vacation. When I go on vacation, does that mean I'm 'cheating' on my normal life? No.

So why would occasionally eating something fattening, sweet, etc be considered cheating?

That's how I see it anyway.

I subscribe to this mentality. It's not cheating. I've not given up eating/drinking any of my favorite things no matter how much they blow up my diary. If you don't find a way to work the "bad" stuff into your daily living then you'll have binge days and/or fall off the wagon because you felt deprived. I'm gonna eat a fat-a** cheeseburger and drink a beer occasionally and then I'm gonna work my *kitten* off to earn it.

No matter what I eat, I log it. Just like someone else said . . . the good, the bad AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the ugly. If you aren't true to yourself then whats the point of logging anything.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Not logging doesn't mean it didn't happen. Actually, I think seeing the "cheat" days on the tracker, and not seeing my weight skyrocket, is extra encouraging. It reminds me that I don't have to give up good eats, just be intelligent about it.
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yes...everything!!
  • michelle_00
    michelle_00 Posts: 38
    Options
    Yea I've logged everything. I do my best on holidays etc to guess too
  • moojuice22
    moojuice22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I log it then I can beat myself up after!!! like the wine I had last night!!!
  • Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    The way I see it is I am doing WAY better than I used to when I have cheat days. Instead of 6-7 pieces of pizza, a cheat day might be 3-4. That's still nearly half as much as I used to consume...so it's kind of a good thing bad thing that way! Helps me realize too that tomorrow is a new day and I can do better!
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I do. There's no point not to. You still ate it didn't you? The calories don't go away because theyre not logged.

I couldn't agree with this more. You aren't fooling anyone but yourself by eliminating the "cheats". Plus it's good to log them because it may help you see a pattern or something that triggers the cheats. : )

EXACTLY!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yes I log everything I eat even if it puts me over my daily calories. This is a lifestyle change for me and I am the only one that has to be accountable for what I put in my mouth. It does not bother me if I go over my calories once in a while.