do you log your cheat days/meals?

Options

Replies

• chroniclesofadime
    Options
    I log everything...even the bug I accidently swallowed on my way to work. 1/2 g of protein, 2g of fat, 23 calories.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FatDar2012
    FatDar2012 Posts: 7
    Options
    I log everything M-F and also tend to slide through the weekend without logging what I eat/drink. Even though I don't log on the weekends I am still very mindful of what I'm consuming. I LOVE my Old Fashion drinks on the weekend, but I have been drinking Virgin Old fashions which is just a few shakes of bitters, diet 7 up and pickled mushrooms. I "think" I'm drinking but minus all the calories. It works. If I have a few beers, it's always either Lite beer or Bud 55.
  • edwinhigg
    edwinhigg Posts: 4
    Options
    If you fail to log them, you are only cheating yourself out of valuable motivation.
  • AshCakes88
    AshCakes88 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do just so I don't make it a habit. I feel guilty logging my cheat days!
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    No logging to cheat days (mine is usually Saturday)! I don't want to know. That's the day to sit back and enjoy the finer things. I do log exercise those days though!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends if you are satisfied with your progress or not. If you're *not* getting closer to your goals, and don't log cheat days -- it could be education to log them.If you are doing fine on your goals, and leave such days unlogged, then who cares? It's working fine.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Nope....that's my point of a cheat meal/day, to get away from the daily grind of logging food and having so much of my thoughts consumed by food/how much to eat/how to log etc. I don't always eat bad stuff on a cheat day, I just want a break from thinking about my meals so much.

Agree!! I need one day off from thinking about every little morsel that goes into my mouth. I am not nor ever been a binge eater, so I do not worry that I might over eat or fall off of the wagon.

I "cheat" or do not log on Fridays. It is nice because if I had a craving all week, I eat it on Friday. We are taking the kids to the movies tomorrow night, I will eat the pop corn and not try to figure how much I ate and what the calorie/carbs were. Just saw that Sonic has a new blast...oh yes, having it tomorrow too!! Hubby and I look forward to Fridays! We will even talk about what we will have for dinner! haha!

I have lost all of my weight while having one "free" day or "cheat" day per week. I do not think that I am lying to myself or cheating myself...I am just taking one day off per week.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat, no point it lying about it. Life is to be lived and enjoyed one extra slice of pizza, one more scoop of ice cream, an entire family sized chocolate bar is not going to ruin all of the hard work and effort of months, weeks or even days (though it might make you thoroughly sick!). Personally I am not on a diet I am eating healthier for life, one "Bad" day won't destroy that but it is good to know exactly what you had and more importantly what triggered you having it. :)
  • eryka86
    eryka86 Posts: 80
    Options
    I do it helps me stay on track as far as calories
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I log it all and don't ever call anything or think of anyting as a "cheat" day. I just don't believe in cheating as a concept and I don't really look at is as a day to day thing. If you need cheat days, you probably have your goal set too agressively and that becomes a long term compliance issue. I have my goals set to eat the same amount every day, just slightly below maintenance and I look to burn 2500 calories over the course of the week. I don't go down on non workout days and I don't eat more on workout days. I follow a plan that is detailed here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3105-eating-for-future-you. It's also very similar to what our fellwo member Dan advocates at his website fat2fit.com.

Sometimes in a week I'm over in calories, sometimes not. Sometimes I burn more, sometimes not. I've been following this for a couple of months. I haven't lost a lot of lbs. but my body measurements are al down and my BF% is dropping about 1.5 to 2 % every 30 to 45 days. It's not an agressive program. It's pretty much one I can do for the rest of my life. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I personally don't believe in cheat days. If I want something I earn it through exercise. But if I mess up one day I always log it. By ignoring it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    I do because I want to see the effect that my cheats have on the rest of my day. I want to make sure I don't spiral into a mindset of being negative.
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Logging for me has more to do with getting a chance to log and less to do with what I ate. Sometimes I don't get a chance btwn work, school, kids, and visiting my hubby in the hospital. However, if I'm near a computer I log what I ate, even on days when i have 1500 cal chineese take out. :embarassed:

17134251.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I used to not log. Until I realized I was just gorging myself and it was really hindering my progress, so now I log it only because it still keeps me somewhat accountable and now my progress is back on track.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I haven't been but as of this week I had decided that I feel it necessary to log my Spike days. I want to KNOW what the food is doing to me and how it affects me, I want to be 100% accountable, not hiding under a rock saying "but I don't understand why this is taking so long!!!! I've been SO good!"

This is why it's taking longer....
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    for the record, I log everything and only having been here for a little over 2 weeks, don' t have 'cheat' days. I know I'll go over my count when on vacation but that's what vacation is. And I'll still log it all.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I find that knowing that I will log my cheating helps keep it in check. I may still indulge, but I don't lose control.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    If you don't log the cheats you could be arrested by the MFP po po.
  • CShepherd91
    CShepherd91 Posts: 44
    Options
    I hate the phase 'cheat day'. I refuse to feel guilty about food. If I want a glass of wine (which I'm planning on doing tonight), chocolate, etc., I'll eat it, and work it into my daily calorie allowance by either having a smaller main meal, or doing extra exercise.

I will not go through my whole life obsessing about calories, grams, macros etc., that said I do log everything I eat/drink, unless I've been no where near a computer for a few days.

I suffer badly from migraines, and logging everything I eat made me realise that I always got a migraine the day after I'd eaten Galaxy chocolate - I cut that out of my diet, and I don't have as many (or as strong) migraines.
  • shannairl
    shannairl Posts: 65
    Options
    Yep, I log everything. It might not be nice to see it all in black and white but it makes me want to eat better the next day. I don't consider it 'cheating' though. The only way it would be cheating was if I was logging all the good stuff and leaving out the bad stuff.

I'm probably going to go over today because I just had an entire 90g bag of cashews, been craving them for WEEKS and they were bloody delicious so I'm sure as hell not going to miss dinner or write off a whole day because of a bag of nuts!