Curious, is anyone Juicing?

Options

Replies

• triciamarie
    triciamarie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just read that depending on the type of juicer you have will determine how long the juice is good for. example a masticating juicer will keep juice for 72 hours if in air tight jar. with centrifuge juicers you need to drink asap because of the heat given off during juicing you lose more nutrients.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I hope someone else clicks on this thinking it's about steroid use. :-\
    Yup.

indeed.
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jkellsworth
    Options
    I have been juicing for a few weeks now and it really helped kick the weight loss into gear! I broke through the last platue and am back to a gradual decline. YAY!

But i do have a question, how do you find the calorie count of your juice. I tend to not follow a recipe as much as just juicing what ever i happen to have in the fridge. I found most of the produce i juiced on the list, but could not find a juiced peach so i had to add it as a whole fruit. Can't be too far off, but I hate guessing.

Happy juicing! :)
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • babylove1951
    Options
    When you juice you don't get any pulp. You get the pulp when you blend.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Yup.
    mmhmmm
  • nashai01
    Options
    When you juice you don't get any pulp. You get the pulp when you blend.

Everytime I juice fruits that have pulp I get tons of pulp.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Read a couple of post about drinking the juice right away and such. I am juicing once a week and making enough for the week. I store in Mason jars and freeze ASAP after juicing. I take out one a day and drink while it is defrosting. I got that idea from Garland Robinette, that's what he does. Does anyone else do this?

Going into my 6th week of jucing once a day in the morning. This past week wasn't a good week so I am hoping this next week is better. But the juicing is helping me - I have noticed that hair isn't falling like it was and even my eyelashes seem to be fuller...also my nails are doing better. I am hoping to keep noticing little improvements like that. No weight loss as of yet... but thats common for me. My weight has been the same after an initial gain of 5 lbs since I started the HRT's and not moved in either direction, so thats good I guess.
  • nashai01
    Options
    I am currently juicing and then putting the remaining juice in a tight lid jar. I think I need to try freezing. I’m trying for the first time today to juice for lunch. If it works out well I’ll juice for the rest of the week for lunch only. Wish me luck lol.
  • VeggiesandJuice
    Options
    Hi :) I love juice and juicing ! I started like 3 years ago. What are you juicing ? My mom used to juice for weeks at a time lol Anyway I have not tried freezing my juice. I usually drink 4 cups or more a day when I do make it and store it in a glass bottle or Jar (no plastic). It should be consumed immediately or within 72 hours so you consume all of the active enzymes. You can also add lemon to preserve it if you don't drink it right away. ****For more info on juicing I highly recommend you look up Dan The Man/ The Life Regenerator on YouTube, he is truly inspiring and has hundreds of videos****

Happy Juicing :)
  • nashai01
    Options
    Hi :) I love juice and juicing ! I started like 3 years ago. What are you juicing ? My mom used to juice for weeks at a time lol Anyway I have not tried freezing my juice. I usually drink 4 cups or more a day when I do make it and store it in a glass bottle or Jar (no plastic). It should be consumed immediately or within 72 hours so you consume all of the active enzymes. You can also add lemon to preserve it if you don't drink it right away. ****For more info on juicing I highly recommend you look up Dan The Man/ The Life Regenerator on YouTube, he is truly inspiring and has hundreds of videos****

Happy Juicing :)

Thanks!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    So this week while at Whole Foods buying all my fresh organic vegetables and fruits for juicing my husband came across beets. He suggested tryingto add those to my Green juice because he heard they are also very healthy for you. Well..... I am not impressed LOL first the beets are really really red and looked almost like blood and then they have a strong smell and taste - kinda bitter. So I do not like beets!!! He laughed because he doesn't drink it.... We do fruit for him!!!

So my story is, no beets for me!!!!!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    So this week while at Whole Foods buying all my fresh organic vegetables and fruits for juicing my husband came across beets. He suggested tryingto add those to my Green juice because he heard they are also very healthy for you. Well..... I am not impressed LOL first the beets are really really red and looked almost like blood and then they have a strong smell and taste - kinda bitter. So I do not like beets!!! He laughed because he doesn't drink it.... We do fruit for him!!!

So my story is, no beets for me!!!!!

He is right, beets are really good for you and I think they smell like a basement. However, I did make a beet juice with carrots and I think an orange, I can't remember it's in the thread, and you can't taste the beet, I also only did 1 or 1/2 I can't remember.

Just wait until tomorrow when you go to the bathroom, that blood red color was startling. lol
  • nashai01
    Options
    I haven't tried beets yet. I'm a little nervous about it now lol.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that using the recipe will work for juices however, as a lot of the fruit/veggies are pushed into the pulp bowl. SO I'm not sure the recipe conversion is going to be the same thing.

The calories will be, you're really only losing the pulp (and, therefore, much of the fiber and some of the nutrients). The sugars will come through to the juice.

Of course, you could eat the pulp with a spoon then wash it down with the juice, then you'd be sure you were eating all the beneficial nutrients and fiber.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    trick to adding beets is moderation. One small beet root is plenty! BTW, the greens from the beets are delicious. Personally I prefer my beets sauteed with onion and the greens. Pretty damn delicious that way...
  • nashai01
    Options
    bump
  • ontheshoresarah
    Options
    hahaha
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

yah