ignorance about obesity on MFP

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for a few months and haven't seen any obesity bashing going on. But, I am sure it is there. I pretty much stay out of the forums and have made a few positive friends. My friends and I support each other and cheer each other on to success.

I would suggest stay out of the forums and make friends with people who are going to support you!!

It's working for me.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you poster! It's a catch 22 when you are over weight. People judge you for eating unhealthy they judge you for eating healthy. Last time I checked only God or someone who is perfect can judge you. Since I know nobody is perfect and/or God people should worry more about themselves and less about looking down on people to make them selves feel better.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I actually got told that my 41 pound weight loss wasn't Kosher to post in success because I had been pregnant. ... I gained 67 pounds, and I needed to lose it.. the same way.. I understand that some people are here that have serious issues, health and whathave you but the only thing I saw was discrimination on me from people who said it didn't count.. or that I needed to recalculate how much I really lost ...it pissed me off.

People get jealous of MILFS. I wouldn't let it bother you
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. There have just been one too many and I felt it was time for a rebuttle lol

Here Here, well said. I feel nobody knows my story but me. Nor do I know others battles. I'm here to learn, lose weight, get support and be supportive of others. The more friends the better in moving this to the win column.

Good no no, great post.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Basically a lot of the posts on the message boards lately make me sad. People asking a simple question and other people just being negative for the heck of it :[ I thought this was a place to encourage others and help others :[
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Me thinks perhaps many on here have low self esteem and that is why they bash others.....for whatever reason presents itself.
    Good post. :flowerforyou:
    I think you make a very good point, lashing out can be the cause of so many things, it's not an excuse for acting rudely but it often isn't about the person receiving the negative comments at all.

So glad you posted today, this has reminded me to view it in a different perspective. When others are angry at something or someone they lash out at times at the first thing going on around them. I feel sorry for that person, not pity, but simply sad for them that they've chosen that route and all the persons that are harmed by it.

Putting another down doesn't bring us up but it hurts others and shows our own pain. Often times under anger is pain but a person lashes out because they don't know what to do about the pain.
    Basically a lot of the posts on the message boards lately make me sad. People asking a simple question and other people just being negative for the heck of it :[ I thought this was a place to encourage others and help others :[
    :heart: