What do you get at Starbucks?

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Iced quad grande, 2 pump white mocha, no water extra ice americano.
  • bolsaguns
    bolsaguns Posts: 100
    Options
    Skinny non fat cafe mocha no whip
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    cup of coffee
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    It is rare that I go to Starbucks, but when I do, I only order hot green tea
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Nothing, the coffee always taste burnt and over roasted. The food is not appetizing, and then you have sugary treat options.
    Only get Starbucks as a last resort. So many coffees shops that make better coffee.

I'm in Seattle as well, home of Starbucks.
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    iced green tea - unsweetened, of course
  • this_is_nonsense
    Options
    Tazo iced passion tea, no sweeteners. 0 calories and so refreshing
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    triple grande soy mocha, no whip.

takes some getting used to.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee /w skim milk and splenda
    protein smoothie
    peppermint mocha frapp light
  • sharibob3
    sharibob3 Posts: 180
    Options
    I am not a coffee drinker, so when I take my daily Starbuck stop I get a Venti Green Iced Tea Un sweetened.
    The best part ZERO CALORIES!!! Yummy
  • shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    venti iced americano with room. I then put splenda and skim milk with a small splash of half and half. It is around 50 calories of yumminess
  • Shannonlastname
    Shannonlastname Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Venti iced coffee with nonfat milk and sugar free caramel.
  • Alicia7896
    Alicia7896 Posts: 21
    Options
    I REALLY needed coffee today so I got a venti nonfat latte and added Equal. It was 170 calories. A tall nonfat Caramel Macchiato is my usual standby if I want something "fancy", and that is around 140ish. I shy away from iced drinks because I do not feel that I am getting much for my money. I also shy away from sugar free syrups because I don't think they taste very good and so they aren't worth it to me. In my opinion, the milk is where the calories are. If you are just dying for a full-fat version of your fave drink, Starbucks also has all of their drinks in a short (8oz.) version...just ask. :) Hope that helps.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Tall black no sugar! simple

However;

The last thing I got at Starbuck was shouted at.....rugby shorts were a bit short......opsss:wink:
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee. Usually no classic, if I am craving something sweeter then I will do one pump. One splenda. Then I add a dash of cream. Simple. Healthy. Good.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    My stand by is a nonfat latte, plain, no flavors. The only calories come from the milk. . Venti which is the largest size is 170 calories, o fat., grande 130 calories, and a tall is 100. You can opt for sugar free syrups which add no calories. I request half the syrup, as i find them to be too sweet to my liking full force. Hot or iced, they are really good.

I enjoy the lite mocha fraps. The coconut is back again, so I order the mocha frap light and have them add coconut. The coconut adds more calories but it's a nice treat.

With regard to food, I like their tarts, and little pies. Around 170 calories each, small, just enough to treat yourself without going crazy with the more fattening or calorie laden items they offer.

I think the fun part would be to have gift cards so you can explore the options without spending your own dough! Enjoy!
  • clairegirl1969
    Options
    tall skinny vanilla non:yawn: fat latte. Maybe once a week.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Nothing, as it's ridiculously overpriced. :)
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I regularly grab a venti non-fat latte sweetened with Splenda. 170 calories, no fat, a good dose of protein, and my morning caffeine (which I'm going to have even if it is bad for my bones...) In my view, and that of my nutritionist, this is a fairly decent snack that with the protein helps me feel full longer.

Now the Banana Bread I used to eat regularly along with it has disappeared hopefully never to appear again.. First time I looked it up I couldn't believe the calorie count for what I was thinking was a simple snack! Thank you MFP!
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm still getting used to saying "tall" instead of "venti" or "trenta", but it gets easier the more I do it. I almost always order a passion tea lemonade. Love, love, love the stuff, but I'm not ready to ask for it unsweetened. :p

Starbucks is one vice that I don't think I'll ever be able to kick. I've nearly eliminated Frappuchinos from my diet entirely, but since I like the green tea frapps, will occasionally order one and ask for no whip and skim milk. I didn't know that I could ask for sugar-free syrups until yesterday, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that. Just getting rid of the whole milk and greasy whipped cream is enough to make it very diet-friendly. I'm very wary of sugar-free anything, because most SF products contain sucralose or aspartame, and using those are not worth avoiding real sugar. Also, am I the only one who has never cared for their whipped cream? I always hated how it coated my mouth, so giving it up wasn't hard. Not only that, but the green tea frapp is very pretty without it.