BLACK TEAM WEEK 8

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else using a HRM?

Dave and I both have Polar F6's. (Mine is pink.)
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been around. It's been a pretty insane couple of weeks.

I attempted to quit smoking and just like every other time I've tried to quit smoking I started making really poor food choices and stopped exercising, then felt bad about myself for that so I gave up on trying to quit smoking too. :explode:

Not to mention that on top of that Owen was very sick for 2 weeks and then it was my turn! I'm still not quite back to normal, but not throwing up everything I eat anymore. :wink:

Fortunately I only gained 3 lbs total. I also gave up on my scale challenge when I figured out that wasn't working either. :laugh:

I'm completely back on track as of today though.

Thanks Renae and Shuntae for checking in on me! You guys made me feel special :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone is doing well and I'm glad to be back! :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I attempted to quit smoking and just like every other time I've tried to quit smoking I started making really poor food choices and stopped exercising, then felt bad about myself for that so I gave up on trying to quit smoking too. :explode:

Not to mention that on top of that Owen was very sick for 2 weeks and then it was my turn! I'm still not quite back to normal, but not throwing up everything I eat anymore. :wink:

Fortunately I only gained 3 lbs total. I also gave up on my scale challenge when I figured out that wasn't working either. :laugh:

Thanks Renae and Shuntae for checking in on me! You guys made me feel special :flowerforyou:

Well, this is going to sound trite-- but I was going to ask today where you were-- hadn't seen you around.

I know, kinda convenient since here you are-- :ohwell:

I was wondering about Owen-- glad to hear he's better--

Get back on track, woman--
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning Black Team! Just wanted to stop in for a minute and say hi to everyone:smile: Good luck with the last chance workouts today and hope everyone has a great weigh in tomorrow!:drinker:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,935 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday friends!

Vanessa - Glad Owen is doing better. Sorry to hear you caught it too though. Glad you're mending now. Today is your day to get your groove back. You can do this. I know you can.

Marla - What a beautiful view! Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone. I'm definitely a comfort zone stayer.

Beth - Great walk you had my dear. Sounds wonderful!

Lynnie - I have a $30 hrm/wrist watch from Wal-Mart. It does okay. My one complaint and it's huge is that I constantly have to take my heart rate to get an accurate calorie count. I can't imagine that the others are that way too (the more expensive ones). I wish it were able to take my hr automatically. Maybe it can. Maybe I should read the instructions better....

Loree - How was your party?

Lori - Glad to hear your vacation is going well! How are the Poconos?

Shuntae - I would definitely put a jogging stroller on your baby registry when you decide to have babies.

Jeannie - Can I send our leftovers to you so you can throw them in the ocean too?

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

I overate, our fireworks blew up in the back yard because some ash fell on the bag. Oh, and Dave's friend's dad passed out in our yard and then threw up all over Dave's leather recliner Steeler chair that I got him for a wedding present. So great. :grumble:

Actually, before the passing out and puking, it was really fun. Lots of people came, it wasn't super sunny or hot, and the food (while I overate) was all great. Next time, Dave's friend's dad is just not allowed over. (Actually I told Dave he is never welcome at my house again.)
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

dh uses a polar f6 and i have an f4

I have an F4. I don't think it is accurate. It shows my resting heart rate at about 41-44. April and I rode our bikes up to the drugstore and took our heart rates on the machine. Mine said 80 bpm on the machine but only 57 on the polar. Am I doing something wrong? I've checked my settings correctly for my age, height and weight. So what gives... am I supposed to times it by 2 or something? And since it isn't accurate I can't count on the calorie counter to be correct. I'm frustrated!

Okay leaving April's and going to ride our bikes to my house and then get in th pool. I :heart: day off!

April says Hi Hi Hi :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,935 Member
    Options

I overate, our fireworks blew up in the back yard because some ash fell on the bag. Oh, and Dave's friend's dad passed out in our yard and then threw up all over Dave's leather recliner Steeler chair that I got him for a wedding present. So great. :grumble:

Actually, before the passing out and puking, it was really fun. Lots of people came, it wasn't super sunny or hot, and the food (while I overate) was all great. Next time, Dave's friend's dad is just not allowed over. (Actually I told Dave he is never welcome at my house again.)

Sounds interesting to say the least. Glad it was very good, up until it started to turn somewhat bad. When I was young, one of my parents' friends stayed over after they were up all night drinking. He decided that puking in my tennis shoes rather than the garbage was the way to go. I've never let my parents live that down.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I have an F4. I don't think it is accurate. It shows my resting heart rate at about 41-44. April and I rode our bikes up to the drugstore and took our heart rates on the machine. Mine said 80 bpm on the machine but only 57 on the polar. Am I doing something wrong? I've checked my settings correctly for my age, height and weight. So what gives... am I supposed to times it by 2 or something? And since it isn't accurate I can't count on the calorie counter to be correct. I'm frustrated!

Okay leaving April's and going to ride our bikes to my house and then get in th pool. I :heart: day off!

return it and get the f6..............it isnt working correctly. I have had no issues at all with the f6 and I checked it with my LPN daughter checking my pulse. There is def something wrong:cry:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Sounds like fun:laugh: Can I come next year:tongue:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Glad to see you back lady...and yay for you and Owen doing much better!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all. Having a good vacation. Did make it to the gym this AM. Watching the scale creep up every day a little bit. Grrr. Gotta love vacation. I really haven't eaten that much, just some bad choices along the way. I'm not even sure how accurate my parent's scale is compared to mine, but I know it's higher now than it was when I got there. I am not using it to weigh in tomorrow, I know that. It also gets me out of reporting a higher number. Easy way out. Yep.

Have a great day all. We are headed out golfing again today. I was so terrible yesterday can't even believe I want to do it again, but off I go.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

i would say it's not working right, too. my f4 always has my resting heart rate around 70-80.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

i would say it's not working right, too. my f4 always has my resting heart rate around 70-80.

Either that or she's half dead--

:bigsmile:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Just wanted to drop in and say hello! It's been quiet in here for the past few weeks so I guess I will stay away. :sad: Hopefully everyone hasn't given up just yet!

Lori-sounds like you are having a great vacation!

Lori-sorry to hear about the puke. And I wouldn't want them back at my house either.

Lynnie & April-hope ya'll had a great bike ride! Get you a better HRM girl! You know you are burning tons of calories

Vanessa-glad to see you back! Very glad you and Owen are doing much better!!!

Hello to everyone else! Hope you are all having a great day!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hi Renea i am here just holding my friends 2 week old baby girl, i am babsitting.Also went for a five mile walk this morning. Hope everyone has a good weigh in tomorrow.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hi Renea i am here just holding my friends 2 week old baby girl, i am babsitting.Also went for a five mile walk this morning. Hope everyone has a good weigh in tomorrow.

You are doing nothing but spoiling that baby rotten!! LOL!! Sounds fun to me! Thats great for the walk. I have been running my butt off today and then came home to finish cleaning house. Now I am burning CDs for a friend's MP3 player. And I gotta get my butt in the shower too! Too much to do and no time to get it all done!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :heart:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening black team,

Welcome back Vanessa. Most important thing is that your back in the game. Glad to hear little owen is feeling better. Lori-Glad your enjoying your vacation. I havnt golfed in quite some time and I am sure I would be terrible. lol Hope you played better today! Marla-Thanks for wishing me some rest. I went to bed at 8:30 last night and I am still feeling exhausted today. No idea what the deal is with that. lol Anyway Just wanted to check in and say Hi to all my peeps. Hope everyone is doing well!

:drinker: