BLACK TEAM WEEK 8

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!

The run was fanFREAKINtastic! we did 5 miles and putting the stroller together at the sire wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. The stroller was so light at one point I was pushing them with my fingertips.

Now we're home and M is as grumpy as ever! As Andrew would say little punk!:noway:

It's nap time and I hope they all sleep for a couple hours!

Have a great 4th!!

Nothing great happening here. Hubs left for work. I guess I can't be mad it's double pay today and he is in over time already.

BBL
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!

The run was fanFREAKINtastic! we did 5 miles and putting the stroller together at the sire wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. The stroller was so light at one point I was pushing them with my fingertips.

Now we're home and M is as grumpy as ever! As Andrew would say little punk!:noway:

Have a great 4th!!

Nothing great happening here. Hubs left for work. I guess I can't be mad it's double pay today and he is in over time already.

BBL

Glad you enjoyed the run with the stroller. Would it be tacky of me to put that on my baby registry when the time comes? :laugh: Seriously, I so want one when I have kids!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th Black teamers! :explode: (Pretend that is a firework and not a really pissed off smiley.)

Good job, Batman!

Marla - Free is just as good. Dave and I were thinking about doing a Father's Day 5K but it cost for each entry plus no jogging strollers were allowed. So why would we pay to walk without our kid?

Harley is feeling fine. She didn't get sick the rest of the day yesterday and she's goofy as ever now. Must have just been a couple hour bug or something.

Our house is finally all back in order and cleaner than usual. (I said we should have people over every weekend just to keep our house clean. :laugh: ) We have so much food that if we run out, people just eat too much. :laugh: We have 24 hamburgers, 24 turkey burgers, 32 hot dogs, 23 ears of corn, and 3 coolers of drinks, plus desserts. And some people are bringing more food.

People will be coming over soon and we'll be partying until after dark when we set off fireworks. So I probably won't be on again until later tomorrow. Happy 4th! :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!

Have a great 4th!!

BBL

Glad you enjoyed the run with the stroller. Would it be tacky of me to put that on my baby registry when the time comes? :laugh: Seriously, I so want one when I have kids!

Nope hubby cousin did it and she got it. For some reason they needed 3 different strollers. Jogging,Umbrella and a convertable one. I would say for you to just get the jogging stroller with the car seat attachment to go with it. That is obviously something to keep in mind.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Happy Fourth Everyone!!!! Went to watch fireworks lastnight and while we got to the park at 5 fireworks didnt start til 9:30 so I ate my subway and went for a 4.5 mile walk/run. It was great my 11 year old went with me also. He will go tonight also, my mom says I am a little obsessive but I know thats its just because I like the results when I weigh in on wednesday.

Have a Happy and Safe 4TH!!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    FG...I would much rather my kids obsess over exercise than their next meal.

Obsess away my friend:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Happy 4th Black teamers! :explode: (Pretend that is a firework and not a really pissed off smiley.)

Good job, Batman!

Marla - Free is just as good. Dave and I were thinking about doing a Father's Day 5K but it cost for each entry plus no jogging strollers were allowed. So why would we pay to walk without our kid?

Harley is feeling fine. She didn't get sick the rest of the day yesterday and she's goofy as ever now. Must have just been a couple hour bug or something.

Our house is finally all back in order and cleaner than usual. (I said we should have people over every weekend just to keep our house clean. :laugh: ) We have so much food that if we run out, people just eat too much. :laugh: We have 24 hamburgers, 24 turkey burgers, 32 hot dogs, 23 ears of corn, and 3 coolers of drinks, plus desserts. And some people are bringing more food.

People will be coming over soon and we'll be partying until after dark when we set off fireworks. So I probably won't be on again until later tomorrow. Happy 4th! :flowerforyou:

LOL.......My DH said he wishes we had company 1x a month for this very reason:laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July !
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Well I figured out why I am doing everything right (in my mind) and still not losing weight. I got a HRM the other day and wore it all day today. I thought me being smaller having a lower BMR, I wouldn't burn much over 1500 calories on a normal day but it's only 6pm, and since 7 am I've burned 1670 and have not even got in any exercise yet. I also got back on track with tracking all my calories and I've only ate 510 calories today. Holy Marla! Give me a smack.
    (After I get back from my bike ride).
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Well I figured out why I am doing everything right (in my mind) and still not losing weight. I got a HRM the other day and wore it all day today. I thought me being smaller having a lower BMR, I wouldn't burn much over 1500 calories on a normal day but it's only 6pm, and since 7 am I've burned 1670 and have not even got in any exercise yet. I also got back on track with tracking all my calories and I've only ate 510 calories today. Holy Marla! Give me a smack.

I don't have the smiley, but here's your smack in advance (we're going out soon).

*SMACK*

There you go.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know if I have the energy to ride. Rough weekend at work.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I honestly don't know if I have the energy to ride. Rough weekend at work.

You know Lynnie, we also dont account for the muscle we have been building. I can FEEL the muscles and know they are there.......they need so much more fuel than that nasty fat did.

I know I should eat more.....so I have been adding 24 almonds or walnuts
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it, my dear Lynnie--

snapoutofit.gif

A Marla's job is never done--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everybody is having a good 4th of July. We spent the day with DH's family, I ate too much. Another picnic tomorrow, another day of challenges. Ahh, what can one do? I do know I'm going for a run tomorrow morning before the stuffing of my face begins.

I also know I need a restraining order. Against cake. It can't be anywhere within 500 yards of me. If only!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Sounds like everybody is having a good 4th of July. We spent the day with DH's family, I ate too much. Another picnic tomorrow, another day of challenges. Ahh, what can one do? I do know I'm going for a run tomorrow morning before the stuffing of my face begins.

I also know I need a restraining order. Against cake. It can't be anywhere within 500 yards of me. If only!

:laugh: My calories as of 5 minutes ago are 1960 so no worries:flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good evening my fellow teammates! It has been a loooooooooong 2 days. Been at the lake for most of it except long enough to sleep in my bed. I don't think I have had enough sleep. I know my DD hasn't so tomorrow we have to get her back on her routine. We have let her run wild without naps and actually she hasn't been too bad and she has been playing soooo much and wearing herself out! I know for a fact I have had way toooo much to eat especially today. No cake Lori but plenty of other things. I am gonna have to get myself back on a routine too! And soon! Hope you all had a great weekend!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good evening, my team!!!

I hope that this finds you all rejuvenated from this holiday-- we had a glorious day in the Brown compound. No work came in, so we spent a lovely day with the kids which began this morning with the family walk mentioned earlier.

Grandma and Grandpa Brown came for a delish barbeque of ribs and burgers, grilled to perfection by my DH, otherwise known as the Grillmeister-- my gosh, can that man cook!

We didn't take in fireworks since none of our local towns had any today-- they all had them last week. I know-- makes no sense. What do you want from hee-haw-ville? So, at least we saw 'em last week, and Phillipsburg, our next town over will have them next week followed the next week by Easton, Pennsylvania's fireworks-- :noway: :noway:

Anyway-- had a lovely "Firecracker 4 mile" run this evening with my husband-- for free.

Nice glass of wine afterwards, (only 2 ounces, Dave-- chill out) and off to beddybye-- a lovely, lovely day.

Hope you all had a great day--
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Morning black team!

Sounds like everyone had a great holiday. We didnt do that much but that's the way we like it. Calories went well because I started the day with the 5 mile road race and that burned 1100, lol Anyway today is the last day of vacation for me. I think we'll head out for a bike ride later this morning. We have a party this afternoon. Aiden's best friend from preschool (Or as he calls him, "His best buddy") Well the boy's father is retired Navy and built a little tug boat for the kid so we have been invited to a launching ceremony. Lol it sounds cute. Either way it should be fun. They live on a lake and we have been instructed to bring bathing suits. Anyhoo, have a great morning all! I will check in this afternoon!

:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Not much to report. I ate a LOT of bad food yesterday and my tummy is paying me back this morning. I will prob lose 2 pounds and freak out:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last year on July 4th I was 159.9 pounds after losing a few for the 4-6 wks before. I was really in the groove, but stuck with no weight loss for a few weeks. On the 4th I was 'forced' to eat a huge cheeseburger and fries, and then cake afterwards. I felt like crud and swore to never do it again.

2 days later the scale shows a 2 pound weight loss:noway:

Ok so carrots and hummus -= no weight loss
    cheeseburger and fries = 2 pounds.

man our bodies are weird!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    My road race crazyness continues. Check out the signatures. Just registered for my next two 5k's lol

The one in august is back in my home town in MA. Should be a good race as long as you dont mine drunk portuguese people. lol

:drinker: