BLACK TEAM WEEK 8

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I posted this on the Spitfire bikers thread, but I wanted to share it here because I know a lot of us are riding now...

Okay. You beginning bikers. (Myself included). Take the advice of more advanced riders and just buy the darn biking shorts already. I FINALLY broke down and bought a pair this evening. Sure, they looked like I dropped a load in my drawers, but the comfort they provided to my ladybusiness was the worth every penny of the 30 bucks and then some, mkay? Listen up, I've not steered you wrong yet. Just buy them if you can!

I need to get a new seat. We got one that has two big squishy parts to cushion my butt but they do nothing for my, um ladybusiness, as you call it. By the time we get home after 30-40 minutes, I'm all tingly there and not in a good way.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I posted this on the Spitfire bikers thread, but I wanted to share it here because I know a lot of us are riding now...

Okay. You beginning bikers. (Myself included). Take the advice of more advanced riders and just buy the darn biking shorts already. I FINALLY broke down and bought a pair this evening. Sure, they looked like I dropped a load in my drawers, but the comfort they provided to my ladybusiness was the worth every penny of the 30 bucks and then some, mkay? Listen up, I've not steered you wrong yet. Just buy them if you can!

I need to get a new seat. We got one that has two big squishy parts to cushion my butt but they do nothing for my, um ladybusiness, as you call it. By the time we get home after 30-40 minutes, I'm all tingly there and not in a good way.

Is your seat tilted forward or does it tilt more up and back?
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

It's pretty straight, maybe slightly up in the front.
  • lynniejones
    Options

It's pretty straight, maybe slightly up in the front.

Maybe try tilting it back a little more? When mine was too forward it put pressure on my ladybusiness.
    The padded shorts really help.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hello again!

Lynnie-My seat is maybe tilting back a little bit on my bike and it bothers mine. Hubby said something about tilting it forward. Do you think that might help some? And my mom told me she had some padded shorts that I can try. So that is what I may do next instead of buying some.
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Hello again!

Lynnie-My seat is maybe tilting back a little bit on my bike and it bothers mine. Hubby said something about tilting it forward. Do you think that might help some? And my mom told me she had some padded shorts that I can try. So that is what I may do next instead of buying some.

When I had my bike tweaked to fit me better at the cycle shop, he said my seat should be tilted back not forward...but maybe it is an individual thing??
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hello again!

When I had my bike tweaked to fit me better at the cycle shop, he said my seat should be tilted back not forward...but maybe it is an individual thing??

I'm not sure. Maybe I should move it some and see if I can get it right.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    morning--

Off to work-- :yawn:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!!

Happy Friday!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Here are the results not to many weigh ins this week. Ones in the white weighed in ones in the yellow did not.

Presentation1-5.jpg
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Good morning black team!

Hope everyone is having a great morning!

We are taking the boys to a festival nearby today for a kids craft day. they can paste, bead and gliter to their hearts content. lol should be lots of fun! Probably gonna look for a new seat for DW's bike or some bike shorts or something. should be a good day!

:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good morning team--

DH just read in the paper about the "Firecracker 4-Miler" being held across the river tomorrow morning in Easton, PA. Yee-ha-- we're heading over there in the morning-- 7am registration, or so-- 8:30 run.

I can't say "race" because I'm the turtle who will no doubt bring up the rear-- but I'll be there-- and I want a t-shirt, so need to register early.

Hope everyone has a great holiday-- life's been nutty so I haven't had time to pop in as much-- plus, have been successful in stemming this addiction for the time being--

Changed my goals here to maintenance for awhile-- weight's not coming off, barring some water here and there-- two pounds up, two pounds down--

My last 10 loss was only because I didn't eat for a week after surgery-- so I'm popping into maintenance for awhile, and will knock it back down in a couple weeks.

Have a lovely day, beloved team--

Later!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Good morning team--

DH just read in the paper about the "Firecracker 4-Miler" being held across the river tomorrow morning in Easton, PA. Yee-ha-- we're heading over there in the morning-- 7am registration, or so-- 8:30 run.

I can't say "race" because I'm the turtle who will no doubt bring up the rear-- but I'll be there-- and I want a t-shirt, so need to register early.

Hope everyone has a great holiday-- life's been nutty so I haven't had time to pop in as much-- plus, have been successful in stemming this addiction for the time being--

Changed my goals here to maintenance for awhile-- weight's not coming off, barring some water here and there-- two pounds up, two pounds down--

My last 10 loss was only because I didn't eat for a week after surgery-- so I'm popping into maintenance for awhile, and will knock it back down in a couple weeks.

Have a lovely day, beloved team--

Later!

Oooh, that will be fun! Enjoy it!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,937 Member
    Options
    Andrew - Happy late Birthday. Have fun at your run!
    Beth - How did jeans shopping go?
    Marla - You too, have fun on your run!

Gotta jet friends!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Janie , I feel your pain on the hair. By the time they get the gray covered...I'm broke.

Yup, but I am now inspired by Lynnie's message, and the fact that I am not getting any younger. I am just going to take a day and get it done.. There has to be some reason (beyond the kids, the horse, and food/shelter) that I am working my tush off 50 hours a week.

Will post pictures after...

Seriously, to all you bikers, take Lynnie's advise. The bike shorts may look funny (and feel funny at first), but put on a pair of loose shorts over them, suck it up, and try it. Your bump and other intimate parts will love you for it. You couldn't pry my bike shorts from my dead hands these days...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Renae - thanks for the shout out, I do like biking, but my true passion is the horse - I am walking a fine line between the physical abuse I might suffer if the horse makes a bad choice while I am riding and the mental/emotional abuse I am suffering from not being in the saddle - it is a sickness/addiction. :wink: :wink:

Jeannie - I promise will not ride until I am OKed to do so (despite the issues above)... I did hear you, and yes, I do understand that things could be much worse.. I want to be able to ride, jump and show the horse and am willing to wait until next year if I have to...

Andrew - go for it - you can and will do it....

Sam - I did not weigh in this week.. too down, bad food choices, and no exercise. I will be back next week. Just needed a flake out week..

Love to you all. Janie
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Andrew - Happy late Birthday. Have fun at your run!
    Beth - How did jeans shopping go?
    Marla - You too, have fun on your run!

Gotta jet friends!

jeans shopping went incredibly well, actually! thanks for asking :flowerforyou: i headed over to the gap factory outlet, and after trying on a couple of pairs of jeans that i picked myself, i called over the incredibly helpful fitting room attendant and showed her how they fit on my hip area, but there was a huge gap at my waist. she told be she'd be right back and came back with a pair of curvy fit jeans. i didn't even know they made those! tried them on and they fit perfectly, except for one thing...they were loose! i had to ask her for the next size down (which was a 10!) they fit and i was ecstatic to be a size 10. so i think the gap outlet is my new go-to place for jeans. i heard they are having a sale this week, so i might head on over there again sometime soon :drinker:

Lynnie and Janie- we just got back from ****'s and got some of those super cool bicycle shorts! thanks for the advice! :heart:

edit: OMG! i thought lynnie censered herself when the name of the store came out like ****'s, but it was mfp! :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Afternoon black team-

As DW said we went shopping for bike shorts and I picked up some bar ends for my handlebars. Craft festival for the kids didnt happen because three year old is being a punk so we thought it best NOT to skip nap time today. Looking forward to going out for a ride today and am kinda excited about the run tommorow. I was worried about it being 5 miles, but I figure if I can't make it the whole 5 I will just walk a bit. Still better than sitting on the couch! lol

:drinker:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    I survived Week 1 of the my training for the half. Switched up my schedule a bit and did the long run today. Kids, I ran 6 miles in 1:15:13. Pinch me, please. It was definitely a matter of my mind kicking my body's *kitten* because I was ready to stop before I hit 4, but I did it.

Beth- I love the Gap's curvy jeans...I bought a pair a few years back that looked amazing. The sale is until Sunday, I believe and they have some pairs that are 19.99

Janie- Treat yourself and have your hair done. You definitely deserve it, and you ought to be able to enjoy something if you're going to be working that much.

Sam, Sara, Lynnie, April, Kati, Andrew, Renae, and everyone else...Hope you are all having a happy Friday and great holiday weekend!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, enjoying the much cooler weather in Pennsylvania. Headed off to the gym with my brother and DH this morning, got in a 1000 calorie workout. Then we came home and walked about 40 minutes with the dogs. It felt good after being in the car for 2 days. Hope everybody is having a great Friday.