BLACK TEAM WEEK 8

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My road race crazyness continues. Check out the signatures. Just registered for my next two 5k's lol

The one in august is back in my home town in MA. Should be a good race as long as you dont mine drunk portuguese people. lol

:drinker:

Cool! Should be fun..........just dont drink your calories that day!!:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    My road race crazyness continues. Check out the signatures. Just registered for my next two 5k's lol

The one in august is back in my home town in MA. Should be a good race as long as you dont mine drunk portuguese people. lol

Awesome, Andrew-- way to go, my friend!!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hello Team! I hope you are all having a great day today! It's not a pretty day here, cloudy and dreary and rainy. So no lake today! Was hoping for one more fun day before the week started but it's not happening. Hope all is well in the land of my Black Teammates!!!

Andrew-Way to go on the races! You are gonna do awesome!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

That's awesome...I'm looking for my next one now. :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am going the opposite way............my son and his GF brought me a yoga video. It is harder than I thought!! But I loved it!

www.MessenTools.com-illustrations_tuzki008.gif
  • renae77
    Options
    Hey ya'l! I have been in one of them moods today. I haven't cared about much of anything but sitting on my butt. I'm not feeling like myself today. Hopefully by tomorrow I will feel better and get more done. Of course if I do anything tomorrow it will be more than I did today. Hope all is well with everyone!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey kids...

Just stopping in before the battery on my laptop dies. The AC adapter needs replaced, so I won't be able to use it until I order and receive the new one. :sad: I'll probably sneak on here and there at work when I can, but just wanted to give y'all a heads-up when I'm not around.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Just wanted to stop in and say good night all!

• Marla64
    Options
    Hello team!

What an adventure this evening-- and let me preface this by saying-- I'm not the adventuresome type.

Hubs and I went for a lovely moonlit run-- 3 miles, full moon. I was very tired tonight, legs very sore from a hard run yesterday, so I huffed and puffed, but made it. Afterwards, we decided to take a long walk to boot, since I have no work this weekend. So off we went for a 3 mile walk around the town.

A mile and a half into the walk, hubs suggests we cut through the farm rather than go "all the way around," to get back home. "We're literally on the other side of that corn field." "Yeah, but there's corn in it," I replied.

"Oh, come on," he said
    "It's dark," I said.
    "It'd be fun."
    "There's ticks."
    "Don't be a *kitten*."
    "And snakes and deer and critters."
    "Oh, come on. There's a full moon."
    "I'm scared."
    "You'll be fine."

And off we went-- through the thorn bushes to get to the field-- over rows of alfalfa that we had to step over so we wouldn't crush 'em. Through the rows of corn field, muddy from all the rain. And then on to the amber waves of grain-- half of which is now stuck to my running capris-- I have enough shredded wheat on me to make breakfast for the family tomorrow!!

I swear, I looked as if somebody had a gun to my back. There I walked, hands up in the air, afraid to touch anything-- totally aghast, yelling at him to slow down the whole way.

I don't mind nature, as long as I'm walking on a nice concrete path through it-- :sick:

When all was said and done, we saved about 1/4 mile-- not at all worth it, in my opinion-- :noway:

Oh well-- heading to bed-- have a great day tomorrow, my friends.
  • renae77
    Options
    Good morning! Hope all is well here!!!

Marla-I have seen Children of the Corn too many times to be walking thru a cornfield. And I dang sure ain't gonna do it at night so you are braver than I am! Hope you enjoyed your adventure.

Now that vacation is over I guess it's time to get back on track so I am starting my morning off by writing everything down. Now maybe I can get some of this weight off. I have plenty to do today so I may as well get started! Have a great one everyone!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good morning black team! well, vacation week is over, dh is back to work, and we're back to our routine. it figures the sun is out and it's a warm beautiful day. we had an awesome time on our little trip to new hampshire, we at a little too much and i was afraid to peek at the scale to see the damage. before we left i got down to 156.0, and i figured now i was probably gonna be up at least a couple of pounds, but i got on the scale this morning and it said 156.4! i'm so relieved and hopefully i can get back down to that 156.0 by weigh in on wednesday. i just got back from walk with the kids in the double stroller. i figured i'd walk till i hit 300 calories, then turn around, but when i got to 300, i had just past the 1.75 mile marker on the bike path, so i thought i've come this far, might as well go the other .25 miles. so today i walked 4 miles for the first time and burned the most calories ever in one day...700! have a great day, everyone :heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Way to go Beth!

Marla, your adventure doesn't sound like fun to me. At all. Corn fields have critters. I don't like critters. They also have poison ivy.

I went golfing this AM. To put it lightly, I stunk. I haven't been in a year. DH said I have to figure out how to golf again without so much bewb in the way. If it's not one thing it's another.

I'm not so proud of my food choices but I have been trying to get in some workouts. I just reminded myself it is VACATION. Not that I want to come back up 5 pounds, but I can also relax a little. It's hard to ge that mindframe. It's hard to take a vacation when you've been trying so hard.

Most of my family has been great, told me I look great. I got a few of those 'if you lose any more you'll waste away or blow away' things. I also got a few who refused to comment even though I know they noticed. Whatever for those. They can do it too if they tried. I appreciate the ones that tell me I look good. It's nice to hear.

We are hanging out for the next couple of days with not much on our schedule, then off this weekend to the Poconos. I'm really looking forward to that. Just DH, me and old friends of mine.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Way to go Beth!

Marla, your adventure doesn't sound like fun to me. At all. Corn fields have critters. I don't like critters. They also have poison ivy.

I went golfing this AM. To put it lightly, I stunk. I haven't been in a year. DH said I have to figure out how to golf again without so much bewb in the way. If it's not one thing it's another.

I'm not so proud of my food choices but I have been trying to get in some workouts. I just reminded myself it is VACATION. Not that I want to come back up 5 pounds, but I can also relax a little. It's hard to ge that mindframe. It's hard to take a vacation when you've been trying so hard.

Most of my family has been great, told me I look great. I got a few of those 'if you lose any more you'll waste away or blow away' things. I also got a few who refused to comment even though I know they noticed. Whatever for those. They can do it too if they tried. I appreciate the ones that tell me I look good. It's nice to hear.

We are hanging out for the next couple of days with not much on our schedule, then off this weekend to the Poconos. I'm really looking forward to that. Just DH, me and old friends of mine.

Have a great time, Lori--

Here is a picture of my lovely corn/wheat field. The corn is so far back you can't even see it.
    0624092010.jpg
    My 15 year old took this from the top of her favorite tree-- :noway:

Lovely to look at, hell to walk through at midnight, lemme tell you--

PS: this is the view out my window-- just beyond my kids swingset. Very peaceful-- sighhhhh.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Way to go Beth!

Here is a picture of my lovely corn/wheat field. The corn is so far back you can't even see it.
    0624092010.jpg

PS: this is the view out my window-- just beyond my kids swingset. Very peaceful-- sighhhhh.

I am SO going to come see you:love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh I just wish someone would come get these ribs, potato salad and macaroni salad and dump em in the ocean. I LOVE this food............now I know how I gained so much weight!

So I am off to exercise and pray I dont eat more food!!

I did stay within my cals every day but yesterday and then I ate maint. plus my exercise cals.

and it was GOOOOOOD!!

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening black team!

First day back to work and man is my brain tired. Feeling out of sorts tonight. I'm skipping the gym am tonight because I have been feeIling like I need some rest. Been pushing hard this past week. That and I rode the bike to work today so I did 10 miles today. Anyhoo, I hope you all having a great night guys!

• Marla64
    Options
    Way to go Beth!

0624092010.jpg

I am SO going to come see you:love:

Yayyyy!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Evening black team!

First day back to work and man is my brain tired. Feeling out of sorts tonight. I'm skipping the gym am tonight because I have been feeIling like I need some rest. Been pushing hard this past week. That and I rode the bike to work today so I did 10 miles today. Anyhoo, I hope you all having a great night guys!

Just rest in the batcave tonight, Andrew-- get some rest.

I pulled a quadricep today-- or did something to it. It was feeling tight last night after my previously mentioned adventure.

Today we had to push my son's car to the shop, up hill much of the way-- ugh. And running after him downhill, something started to hurt.

So I'm resting tonight, too-- feeling wayyyyy sleepy, and I have the crappiest typing job on the planet tonight-- :grumble: the boring ones with lousy audio just totally tick me off. I know, I know if it was fun, it wouldn't be called "work." Shut up. :angry:

Later, gators.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else using a HRM?
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else using a HRM?

dh uses a polar f6 and i have an f4