Female body types

Options

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I want to be a blend of 3 (curvy) and 8 (athletic) :love:

Currently I don't see where I lie lol but 3 and 8 is definitely my ultimate goal!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Yet another chart that implies being quite slender is "normal" and everything else fits into some sort of "other" category.

I don't care for charts or labeling others either, I'm just curious as to why "normal" or average is no longer accepted as such. It really wasn't that long ago when this considered normal -

1922sennett_large.jpg

o-bytdrkh-0371y.jpg

tumblr_lfx0s8g4SJ1qg5pi2o1_500.jpg
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I am curvy athletic ( I have a fat pack lol.. a fat 6 pack.. but I plan on cutting this next month :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Why don't we line men up based on their weight and judge them accordingly. I mean, really, have you ever seen this for men?

This whole scale promotes disordered eating and body image. I can't believe someone with so much training posted this.
    Oh geez. These are the body types of females that are out there. I gave my preference that's all. I didn't judge ANY of them. If I put females on here with different hair colors, I'd take a brunette over a blonde.
    There is NO PROMOTION of any body type here. I posted it so that some females here can have an idea of what they may want to strive for for a goal.
    And it's not something I created. Like I said, I saw it on FB and just copied it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I didn't realize this until after reading all the posts... the original poster is a man. I'd like to know what he thinks about these FEMALE "body types". Does he agree with them? Is this how he views overweight women? Is this just to start conversation? Probably the last considering he hasn't added any other quality information.
    The scale was from FB and apparently a WOMEN's MAGAZINE since it was from one of my female friends who was conversing about it and I know she reads a lot of them. I've personally dated the body types from "skinny" up to "fat". Do I agree with all of them? Meh, I'm a man. All I really care about is if they can make a sammich.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize this until after reading all the posts... the original poster is a man. I'd like to know what he thinks about these FEMALE "body types". Does he agree with them? Is this how he views overweight women? Is this just to start conversation? Probably the last considering he hasn't added any other quality information.
    The scale was from FB and apparently a WOMEN's MAGAZINE since it was from one of my female friends who was conversing about it and I know she reads a lot of them. I've personally dated the body types from "skinny" up to "fat". Do I agree with all of them? Meh, I'm a man. All I really care about is if they can make a sammich.

IDEA Fitness member
    Oh you make me laugh, in a good way. Thank you. :)
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to be "normal" I guess, but I tend to the boyish type, which isn't there....so now maybe I should have a snit cuz there aren't any truly slender women on there!!:laugh:
  • bouquet77
    bouquet77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well having been morbidly obese and slowly loosing weight. I can tell you one thing and with 100%truth you know what my PERSONALITY covers every one of these scales and this just proves to me that the world is stereo typical? Im not offended by it but have you spoken to that Morbidly Obese girl with PHD in Astrophysics or that Girl who is "NORMAL" who cant string a conversation together because she is scared of breaking a nail??? (yes i know im being stereo typical"

I think these things are funny we all know the ideal and I dont think anyone would choose to be Obese but sometmes it happens do me a favour every one of you go find a person who is somewhere between obese and morbidly obese and give them a hug I guarentee what you get in return will be more genuine than ever x x x x :) and here is your first hug (((((HUG)))) x
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I would say I'm athletic (with bigger shoulder and arms) but I would love to be muscular :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    All I really care about is if they can make a sammich.

Hahaha :D
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Not sure if chubby looks that chubby :)
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    PLUS, a lot of these are talking about weight, not body type. Morbidly obese is not a body type. Neither is chubby. Neither is muscular. You have to alter your appearance to gain these body shapes, they are not a natural body type. The "normal" one is not "normal" - it may be a "normal" bf% and weight bit if you title it body types, you're talking pear, apple, hourglass etc.

And the woman labeled "normal" is a banana or whatever, which I'm pretty sure is the least common shape - pear shaped is most common.

And yeah, we can't decide which is our goal, as most of us do not have the same build as these women, and bf%/weight gain/loss will do nothing to change that.

A better title would have been "female weights and body fat %" and asked what people are aiming for in that respect.
    I can't aim to be an hourglass shape anymore than I can aim to have black skin.

shamelessly quoting my own post, because I just feel the need to say it again :L

And I'll quote it again cuz you make a good point.

lol ta, plus some of these captions are edited from the original photo...
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I like the curvy one, but would prefer a little more definition in the mid-section, arms, and legs...but more of a firm look than the "athletic" look. lol
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Not sure if chubby looks that chubby :)

I agree! She only has a little bitty pooch.
  • stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think some of these "types" are out of whack. "Normal" looks likes an underweight teenager. I think "chubby" looks like a healthy adult woman. I would loooove to look like that!!!
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    number 7 yes please!!!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I hate these kinda threads, or any threads about curves, thigh gaps, muscular women...
    they always always ALWAYS lead to body shaming, and it drives me nuts.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I hate these kinda threads, or any threads about curves, thigh gaps, muscular women...
    they always always ALWAYS lead to body shaming, and it drives me nuts.
    Then why participate?

IDEA Fitness member
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    number 7 yes please!!!

Hahahaha you sure about that... ?