I totally agree with you!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Curvy athletic ...
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been curvy before and will be curvy again! There seems to be something missing between curvy and morbidly obese and right now I fall somewhere into what is missing. Viva La Curvy!!!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm just a little past chubby, but on my way to curvy! :)
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to look like 'normal' in 2 months.
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    tumblr_l1sa649ir21qz5njko1_500.jpg

It all makes sense now lol

I like "fit" but maybe with a little more definition.

This is a much better representation. I am currently fat but would love to be the average curvy or muscular. We will see what results I get when my body gets smaller :) There are a lot more body types than shown in either of these representations.
  • friscogrl26
    friscogrl26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CURVY!!!!!! I dont want to be athletic, too much to maintain. As soon as you slack off you loose muscle and it converts to chub.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I think it's strange that people think the "normal" girl looks anorexic/malnourished. I look very similar to her and I eat 1800 calories a day before exercise. She just looks like she eats right and exercises to me. *shrug*

I'm guessing you have a smaller frame, then. The last time I looked like that, I was twenty pounds underweight.
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    Love them all, but the morbidly obese would be difficult because of health issues. All of them look just great to me.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    How is there a body type called 'normal'???? And who decided which one was NORMAL?
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    A lot of your body type is dependant upon genetic predisposition. Not everyone, regardless how hard you work, can have a body like the one listed as ahtletic or muscular (same for guys). The best any of us can do is eat a healthy and exercise regularly. Let the chips fall where they may.

For years, I've strived to become built like a greek god. But no matter how strict my diet is or how often I work out, it just isn't meant to be. I'm happy having a average-semi muscular built.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I think it's strange that people think the "normal" girl looks anorexic/malnourished. I look very similar to her and I eat 1800 calories a day before exercise. She just looks like she eats right and exercises to me. *shrug*

I'm guessing you have a smaller frame, then. The last time I looked like that, I was twenty pounds underweight.

Yes I do. She does, too. If you were 20 lbs underweight, then you didn't look like that. She is clearly not 20 lbs underweight.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    How is there a body type called 'normal'???? And who decided which one was NORMAL?

Haha I agree. Doesn't really make sense. The person could be crazy in the head :P
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    tumblr_l1sa649ir21qz5njko1_500.jpg

It all makes sense now lol

I like "fit" but maybe with a little more definition.

Wow, comparing the labels on this one to the one in the OP is interesting. I agree with the several women who pointed out that the OP was hardly representational and *was* indicative of a certain level of body-shaming and bias. As I noted in my previous post I won't compare myself to photos such as this because I will never be any of them (especially counting for body shape) so there's no point in driving myself crazy with something that will never be. I'll get to the best point I can to be healthy which is my primary goal, and secondary is how I look which cannot be based on images such as these; it's important, but I can't compare myself to others or I'll never be happy. It's interesting to note that in this one the picture that is "FIT" is "NORMAL" in the OP and here the "AVERAGE"/"normal" is "CHUBBY" in the OP. It seems as though someone relabeled this using their own perceptions (I give the OP the benefit of the doubt that it was not him since he said he copied it off of facebook).
  • emmabrackpool
    emmabrackpool Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    curvy every time - a woman needs to look like a woman!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to go through all of the comments, and someone may have pointed this out, but in the original picture the "normal" picture is labeled "fit," and there are a few other types. Including anorexic. Charming.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Nevermind, someone did post it. Good.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I honestly don't see this as promoting any sort of distorted body image. The "chubby" woman is in fact above the healthy range of body fat no matter how you choose to look at it. You can try to make yourself feel better all you want but at the end of the day you're only fooling yourself.

Exactly. I'm aiming for a normal, possibly athletic BF%. I'm 5'6 130 lbs with a 25.5 BF% at the moment. I look like a combination of the chubby, curvy and normal women. All my chubbiness is in my stomach, otherwise, I'm pretty normal, with a slightly curvy body shape.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    curvy every time - a woman needs to look like a woman!

Yaaaaay for body shaming! Because naturally slender women don't look like women? I'll keep that in mind.

YOU CAN'T AIM TO BE CURVY ANYMORE THAN YOU CAN AIM TO BE CHINESE OR 5 FOOT 10!!!

Also, to the pictures, yes some of these have been relabeled to the creators opinion, and also, Anorexia is an illness not a body type. How do you know that girl is anorexic? She's underweight, but that doesn't mean she has an eating disorder. How can you tell without knowing her? It's as absurd as labeling the obese woman with "thyroid problems".
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i replied yesterday but think i said fat ..

i meant the chubby 1 . i dont feel like digging for my post to edit it ..

i would love look like the chubby 1 .. of course i am coming from high 312 .. so chubby would be awesome ..anything beyond that ( other than boyish and ann.) would be nice too