Female body types

Options

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I wonder what bodyfat% these women are? I suck at visual estimations.
  • sexycute
    sexycute Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    IMO it is overly simplified (and not to the benefit of most women). What about pear? What about hourglass? What about short with no hope of ever looking long and willowy like the "normal" :laugh: Or while we're at it, what about tall with no hope of looking petite? There are way more body types than those shown, and I don't think that "normal" is the normal.

My goal is to be in the best shape I can be for me. I fall into the short, never-going-to-look willowy, and slightly pear-shaped category (I can work all I want but my butt and thighs will always be significantly larger than my chest), and while I can aim for athletic, it's going to be different from the model shown.

Let's stop perpetuating the idea that women (or men, for that matter) need to fit into one of a few, limited, ideas of "body type." It's not healthy for our society or for us individually.

Love!
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    Curvy would be awesome..My husband doesn't like really skinny or alot of muscles on a woman. He likes a little meat!
  • SP2Bfit
    SP2Bfit Posts: 114
    Options
    I guess athletic...(or close)...still working to get my thighs like hers:ohwell: :smile:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    right now I'm just working on getting back to chubby lol it's amazing how quickly you can go from chubby back to fat when you stop paying attention -_- but ultimately I'll be happy with anything between normal and curvy.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    PLUS, a lot of these are talking about weight, not body type. Morbidly obese is not a body type. Neither is chubby. Neither is muscular. You have to alter your appearance to gain these body shapes, they are not a natural body type. The "normal" one is not "normal" - it may be a "normal" bf% and weight bit if you title it body types, you're talking pear, apple, hourglass etc.

And the woman labeled "normal" is a banana or whatever, which I'm pretty sure is the least common shape - pear shaped is most common.

And yeah, we can't decide which is our goal, as most of us do not have the same build as these women, and bf%/weight gain/loss will do nothing to change that.

A better title would have been "female weights and body fat %" and asked what people are aiming for in that respect.
    I can't aim to be an hourglass shape anymore than I can aim to have black skin.

shamelessly quoting my own post, because I just feel the need to say it again :L
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize this until after reading all the posts... the original poster is a man. I'd like to know what he thinks about these FEMALE "body types". Does he agree with them? Is this how he views overweight women? Is this just to start conversation? Probably the last considering he hasn't added any other quality information.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    hybrid between athletic and curvy
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Scurvy. My chest and hips will never allow me to have the "normal" body type
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Do not have the boobs for "curvy"; hips too big for "normal." :sad: Pear shapes not well-represented in these photos!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I'd love to be curvy...but I have never been smaller so I can't even imagine myself as chubby!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    curvy
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    curvy/chubby I guess, though leaner than that chubby pic. I would like to maintain my curvaceousness but get stronger and more toned so i guess my goal is athletic/curvy.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i like normal!!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Curvy/muscular. I am curvy and i love it. The 'normal' doesn't appeal to me, i like hips on a girl.
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    curvy :happy:
  • magistra12
    magistra12 Posts: 22
    Options
    I don't aspire to any of these types because none of them represent what I can be at my best. Frankly, if I can get my stomach to flatten/firm up, I'll be thrilled. My arms and legs are stronger than they've ever been and I feel great.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    PLUS, a lot of these are talking about weight, not body type. Morbidly obese is not a body type. Neither is chubby. Neither is muscular. You have to alter your appearance to gain these body shapes, they are not a natural body type. The "normal" one is not "normal" - it may be a "normal" bf% and weight bit if you title it body types, you're talking pear, apple, hourglass etc.

And the woman labeled "normal" is a banana or whatever, which I'm pretty sure is the least common shape - pear shaped is most common.

And yeah, we can't decide which is our goal, as most of us do not have the same build as these women, and bf%/weight gain/loss will do nothing to change that.

A better title would have been "female weights and body fat %" and asked what people are aiming for in that respect.
    I can't aim to be an hourglass shape anymore than I can aim to have black skin.

shamelessly quoting my own post, because I just feel the need to say it again :L

And I'll quote it again cuz you make a good point.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Either curvy or athletic is appealing to me.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Sort of a twist here... as a man, I think I would prefer 1. Athletic, 2. normal, 3. Curvy... Muscular... That is just a bit much but certainly not bad either...