What is your pet peeve.........................?

Options

Replies

• thekacers
    thekacers Posts: 68
    Options
    when someone says , "huh" as if they did NOT hear you but then proceeds to answer your question without you ever having to repeat it. It's like..well why the hell did you say, "huh?"

ahahaha. sorry, but I just have been confronted by my best friend about doing this. Apparently, I do this all the time and it drives him mad. He started doing it to me, and I quickly realized how annoying it was.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    People who talk or use their cellphone in movie theaters! What's the point of even going of you're gonna text the whole time? Or people who bring their cranky babies to inappropriate venues and refuse to remove themselves when the baby gets fussy. A woman at my mother's concert the other night let her baby scream through 3 or 4 solos these people had worked on for months. So ignorant and rude!
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    folding up laundry to find out im missing socks.............
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bad grammar/spelling.

When people mix up "to/too", "your/you're", "affect/effect", "lose/loose," etc...it drives me nuts.

Ah, bad grammar. The difference between knowing your s**t and knowing you're s**t. :-)
  • jerinsmommy
    jerinsmommy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There, Their, They're. Everything will be ok.
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bad grammar/spelling.

When people mix up "to/too", "your/you're", "affect/effect", "lose/loose," etc...it drives me nuts.

I agree entirely, whole-heartedly and absolutely with this. Those who can't grasp such basic grammar should be branded eternally with 'Muppet' across their forehead... ;)

^^THIS!!!!! ;)
  • thekacers
    Options
    When someone starts to tell you something, but then they decide mid-sentence that they don't want to tell you.
    It drives me up the wall - I just have to know!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    when someone says , "huh" as if they did NOT hear you but then proceeds to answer your question without you ever having to repeat it. It's like..well why the hell did you say, "huh?"

ahahaha. sorry, but I just have been confronted by my best friend about doing this. Apparently, I do this all the time and it drives him mad. He started doing it to me, and I quickly realized how annoying it was.

I don't know about you but I do this because I didn't PROCESS the question. Sometimes it takes a beat for me to process what I've heard and once I have, I answer. Often negating my own 'Huh?'. Heh.
  • MichkaMeShell
    MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I do this ALL the time. The only way I can even half-way explain it is that it is an outward verbal response saying, "I'm processing what you've just said and I'm about to reply." I cannot break the "huh" habit!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    The people with car stereo systems that have to actually use up all their trunk space so they can get that earth-rattling bass and drive with it like that through a neighborhood. There's a couple literally across the street from me who have 3 cars, all with them like that, and they're constantly coming and going at all hours and having friends over and they blast it until they turn the car off no matter the hour. I have a migraine problem so it's not only annoying, it's painful to the nth degree. Even after talking to them about at least lowering the volume once they hit our street, they still do it.

And for whatever reason I get annoyed by people who type with no punctuation and with no capital letters when there needs to be. Granted I don't say anything but I always wonder why people do that.
  • pudadough
    Options
    Don't hate me....women who don't work, at anything, kids all in school, and they tell me how "busy" they are.....really? Yes, might be jealousy on my part but really, 7 hours a day without kids and a schedule and then you tell me you can't get laundry done or cook a decent supper for the family....ok, off my soap box....

^^This. I totally agree. I have worked FT, gone to school PT, and still managed to run my household and my kid and get my workouts in.

SO agree with this! My mom worked full time my whole life AND did the housework AND took care of us AND my grandmother. She made it seem easy and never complained. I don't want to hear how hard their life is. Those women need to GTFO...
  • elmm150
    elmm150 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The sound of teeth scraping on a fork.
    Leaving wrappers or such on the kitchen counter when the garbage can is literally 3 feet away! Just throw it away!
    Multi-texters- People that send 3 or 4 texts in a row, when it could of easily fit in one.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    cell phone use in the movie theater. I will and have actively work to get people booted (cuz I am a d1ck) :laugh:
  • pudadough
    Options
    cell phone use in the movie theater. I will and have actively work to get people booted (cuz I am a d1ck) :laugh:

You're not a "d1ck," you're my hero! You're just doing what everyone else in the theater wants to do, trust me! Keep on keepin' on.
  • ZombieDiva76
    ZombieDiva76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mouth noises...Ugh

People who don't offer to give up their seats or teach their children to offer theirs to the elderly in a waiting room, bus, etc...

When my husband/son stink bombs (farts) in the aisle at a store...then runs off leaving me in a toxic cloud. By the time I smell it, the others on the aisle have as well...and they are looking at me... Grrrr!
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Double standards!!!!!!!
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That whole spelling/grammar thing

squeezing the toothpaste in the middle.

cigarette smokers who impose on my fresh air; there’s a world of fresh air go find some that’s AWAY from me. ALSO. When they throw their cigarette butts out the car window after smoking. You’re polluting the air & littering too?!

Ppl who don’t clean out the shower/hair after use *drives me CRAZY*

Singing along with a song when you have clue what they words are

Complaining about your job. No one forced you to be there.

Sagging pants!

Mandatory tips
  • samorris711
    Options
    My pet peeve: Gossips. After moving back to the south and a small town, I've realized that I've forgotten about the small talk chitter chatter that is a part of the culture. Ugh. Makes my skin crawl.
  • thekacers
    Options

I don't know about you but I do this because I didn't PROCESS the question. Sometimes it takes a beat for me to process what I've heard and once I have, I answer. Often negating my own 'Huh?'. Heh.

That is why I do it, too! I just have a problem with thinking before speaking lol
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    folding up laundry to find out im missing socks.............

Ugh...the sockmonster sucks :(