What is your pet peeve.........................?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I hate 'ya'll' It's not a word. It doesn't make sense. Stop it.

Ya'll isn't a word, but y'all is. It's a contraction for the pronoun "you all." You must not be from the south... :) What is not a word, however, and drives me absolutely nuts is "irregardless".

Hahaha! Yes! I'm not "from" the south, as I was born and raised in Michigan, but I have lived in South Carolina for the better part of my adult life. I completely agree. To argue otherwise in this state would be suicide....okay, well, maybe suicide is a bit strong, but it would definitely warrant a serious "butt whippin'". LOL

"Irregardless" is another annoyance of mine, as is "I could care less". It should be "I COULDN'T care less", since you are, in effect, trying to point out that you couldn't possibly care any less than you care at this moment.
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My hubby has allergies and he leaves his nasty kleenex all over the place....*yuck*
    So one day I used some gloves and picked them up and put them all over his computer while he was at work =)
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bad grammar/spelling.

When people mix up "to/too", "your/you're", "affect/effect", "lose/loose," etc...it drives me nuts.

Bad grammar is my biggest pet peeve too. Specifically, it drives me absolutely nuts when people say "irregardless" when they mean regardless. Irregardless is not a word! The prefix IR means "not" and the suffix "LESS" means without, so "irregardless" would mean "not without regard," which means "with regard," which is the exact opposite of regardless.

What gripes me even more than that is any word in front of unique (ie. very unique, truly unique, etc.). There cannot be varying degrees of uniqueness. Unique means there is not another like it in the whole world, so how can something be slightly unique? It can't!

Thanks for letting me rant! I feel better.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    the shower curtain being left open
    the toilet paper not being put on the roll with the next sheet coming over-the-top
    smacking, crinkling, crunching etc.. during a movie or tv
    the cap to carbonated beverages not being put back on TIGHTLY.
    messy fridges. esp ones filled with "science experiments" wrapped in foil or storage containers.
    "poop crumbs" being left in the toilet because youre too lazy to check or reflush.
    toothpaste blobs left in sink basin.
    sloppy/misshapened tubes of toothpaste . if youre over 3 this shouldnt be happening. ever.
    people who dont clean up as they go along.

... and this is just a few.
    *laughs*
    bet it makes you glad that you dont live w me. =)
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    The husband leaving his pants on the floor lol!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    When you're talking with someone about something you like, and they say 'It sucks' or something rude like that instead of just saying they dislike it nicely. Uggh D:<
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    Having to repeat myself to someone that obviously was not listening or was not taking me seriously.
  • carreen
    Options
    I hate 'ya'll' It's not a word. It doesn't make sense. Stop it.

Ya'll isn't a word, but y'all is. It's a contraction for the pronoun "you all." You must not be from the south... :) What is not a word, however, and drives me absolutely nuts is "irregardless".

Hahaha! Yes! I'm not "from" the south, as I was born and raised in Michigan, but I have lived in South Carolina for the better part of my adult life. I completely agree. To argue otherwise in this state would be suicide....okay, well, maybe suicide is a bit strong, but it would definitely warrant a serious "butt whippin'". LOL

"Irregardless" is another annoyance of mine, as is "I could care less". It should be "I COULDN'T care less", since you are, in effect, trying to point out that you couldn't possibly care any less than you care at this moment.

Lol!! I hate "I could care less" too...drives me nuts. I better quit reading everyone's posts on this topic, because the more I read, the more pet peeves I realize I have. I must be annoyed all the time...hahaha!
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    When people put the untensils in the dishwasher pointing "up".
    Yes, I love doing stupid chores I hate AND getting stabbed in the hand simultaneously.
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    (People tell me this bothers me because I'm British.. but I really don't think that's why!)
    Correct: I couldn't care less
    Incorrect: I could care less

Why do people say I could care less??? It drives me INSANE!!! If you could care less that means you sitll CARE! ahhhh I feel better now haha
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Incorrect use of ellipses.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    women who bring their 8 year old (or older) son(s) into the women's bathroom when there is a FAMILY restroom next door that is UNOCCUPIED.
  • JonGrandi88
    JonGrandi88 Posts: 137
    Options
    Two Biggest Ones!

1.When people wherever I go have the trash bag filled to where it is literally overflowing gahhh like seriously wtf take it out!

2. When Im at home or work and I go to the bathroom and the toilet paper roll is empty like derrrrrr really its always at arms reach to put a new one on. Your killing me smalls!!!!
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    LOUD CHEWING, especially gum chewing. It is the most vile, offensive and annoying thing ever. My dad sounds like a pig when he eats and my entire family calls him out on it but he refuses to change. But I actually get FURIOUS when people chew and pop gum.

Also, my brother and sister like to put their clothes on our lidded laundry hamper, but not inside. If you're going to walk to the hamper can you at LEAST use the extra exertion to stick it in the hamper??
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Two Biggest Ones!

1.When people wherever I go have the trash bag filled to where it is literally overflowing gahhh like seriously wtf take it out!

2. When Im at home or work and I go to the bathroom and the toilet paper roll is empty like derrrrrr really its always at arms reach to put a new one on. Your killing me smalls!!!!

Your second peeve drives me crazy. If you use the last of the roll REFILL IT. It's not that hard. The toilet paper is ALWAYS close by. Stupid jerks.
  • shellie1206
    shellie1206 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My hubby has allergies and he leaves his nasty kleenex all over the place....*yuck*
    So one day I used some gloves and picked them up and put them all over his computer while he was at work =)

Thanks for the idea :)
  • terriosgood
    terriosgood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wanna know what bothers me y'all? When people say "You guys" to me. I'm not a guy.
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    not putting yourself in the other persons shoes before you fly off the handle about what they have done or said.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Animal cruelty.

About the over or under thing. It's toilet paper. Considering where you are going to put it, the bigger question has yet to be asked. Front to back or back to front? :laugh:
  • carreen
    Options
    Wanna know what bothers me y'all? When people say "You guys" to me. I'm not a guy.

That's a northern thing Terri. Down here we say y'all, which drives northerners crazy!