What is your pet peeve.........................?

Options

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    When people can't put the roll of toilet paper on the roller right......it should come over the top towards you, not underneath.

I made a deal with boyfriend that at HIS house, he can leave the toilet seat up, but he has to put it down at MY house. It's almost always up at both... damn him!
  • longhaul64
    longhaul64 Posts: 124
    Options

People who live and work in the U.S. but can't speak English.

Hippocrites
    lmao, did you just really?does that include being able to spell in english or would that be hypocritical of me?

Wow. Hippocrites.
    hyp·o·crite

noun /ˈhipəˌkrit/ 
    hypocrites, plural

A person who indulges in hypocrisy or did you mean a Hippo, the most dangerous animal in the animal kingdom???

this is a hippocrite
    > 6a010535647bf3970b0105367c839d970b-800wi.jpg
    Wouldn't that be a Hippocritter? :)
  • mariamarchita
    mariamarchita Posts: 131
    Options
    4. People that think gay marriage is a topic that needs to be voted on. C'mon, don't we have other more pressing matters to attend to like global warming or child hunger? Who gives a damn if a couple that wants to get married is the same sex.
    5. Gays and lesbians being prevented from adopting children. Oh please, get a life. It's more important that a child have a loving and nurturing home with two parents that love them unconditionally. I'd rather have two dads or two moms that love me vs a mother and father that could care less about me hypothetically speaking

Here, here! Amen to that
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

People who live and work in the U.S. but can't speak English.

Hippocrites
    lmao, did you just really?does that include being able to spell in english or would that be hypocritical of me?

Wow. Hippocrites.
    hyp·o·crite

noun /ˈhipəˌkrit/ 
    hypocrites, plural

A person who indulges in hypocrisy or did you mean a Hippo, the most dangerous animal in the animal kingdom???

this is a hippocrite
    > 6a010535647bf3970b0105367c839d970b-800wi.jpg
    Wouldn't that be a Hippocritter? :)
    No, his name is Hippocrite, Destroyer of Worlds and if you so much as jest again we may cease to exist.
  • mariamarchita
    mariamarchita Posts: 131
    Options
    One day I will get another dog.

I will name him Peeve.

Then I will have a pet Peeve.

I will come back to this thread and tell you all about it.

Stand by.

This^ reply wins at the internets :bigsmile:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Don't hate me....women who don't work, at anything, kids all in school, and they tell me how "busy" they are.....really? Yes, might be jealousy on my part but really, 7 hours a day without kids and a schedule and then you tell me you can't get laundry done or cook a decent supper for the family....ok, off my soap box....

^^This. I totally agree. I have worked FT, gone to school PT, and still managed to run my household and my kid and get my workouts in.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Here's mine:

People who over use the word LOVE....
    People who don't care if they invade your space
    People who shout down mobile phones
    People who play music on mobile phones using the crappy speakers, mainly on buses
    People who don't move bags off seats on buses, even when it gets full
    People who can't clean up after themselves
    People who feel it's OK to sponge of us working folk
    Spongers who gloat over the fact I get my *kitten* up at 6am to work and the get their lazy *kitten* out in time for lunch
    People who talk tough on Facebook & text, but say OMG I was like only having a laff once you see them face to face
    People who love reminding you you're deiting when you eat ANYTHING thats not healthy
    Drivers who can't park
    People who park in disabled/mother and baby spots to go the the cash point/ATM

This post has just made me realise I might have more issues than I thought, that list came very easy to me

^^ All of the above & then some.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Everything my husband does in regards to cleaning. Haha

I have LOTS of pet peeves... I try to keep the ridiuclous ones in check though.
  • chesneyfan01
    chesneyfan01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Negative, mean, rude people!!
    My mom always told me "if you dont have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all!"
    :flowerforyou:
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Dishonesty
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Mouth noises- loud chewing, gross breathing, anything that doesn't sound normal.

When someone's trying to open something and be quiet about it, but they instead are the exact opposite. Or if someone's eating something, and they can't be bothered to open the package all the way-- so instead they crinkle it trying to get their meat hooks into it. Like, open the damn thing so I don't have to listen to it.

People that can't figure out the right words-- there/their, breathe/breath, etc... and above all, the word "anyways". "I can't do that anyways." WTF. It's 'anyway'.

I can really go on for hours.
  • tansygreen
    tansygreen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, one more.... Spellcheckers/grammar police.

I hope people don't get put off contributing their thoughts because they fear their words will instantly be picked apart by the grammar vultures.

Your opinion is still as valid if your written English is imperfect, and I still want to read it!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    GOSSIP.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Negative, mean, rude people!!
    My mom always told me "if you dont have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all!"
    :flowerforyou:

Thumpers mom said so too :D
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    my kitchen breakfast bar being the dumping ground for everyones book bags, mail, etc!

This, this and this. BIGGEST pet peeve when it comes to house keeping. I hate clutter. Put your things where they belong not on the table, counter or any other standing free space!!!!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to use all but the last of something and leave the practicially empty container in the fridge/pantry.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    People calling or walking up to my window at work acting like the People of Walmart.

Do you work at Walmart??
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    When smokers throw their cigarette butts out the window after smoking in the car/truck. Your vehicle already smell's bad, Now you have to litter too?!?!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    When people can't put the roll of toilet paper on the roller right......it should come over the top towards you, not underneath.
    I TOTALLY agree......don't know why, but this is my pet peeve also. I will change it if someone puts it on coming from underneath! lol
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    People who use their teeth and SCRAAAPE the food off the fork or spoon. Clink scraaaape, clink scraaape. Gah!!