Being called " fat" by another " fatty"

Options

Replies

• SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    yeah, I'm Puerto Rican so, all my life I heard " gordita".. Kind of grew up not likeing it though lol.

I am also Puerto Rican and yes the "gordita" word can stomp on my last nerve..lol
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have come to a time in my life when I really really don't care what anyone calls me. I am large, fat, chubby, whatever you want to call it. Admiting the truth is the first step to changing it.

It really doesn't matter what words people use to describe me because .........I am what I am, and what I am, needs no excuses, I deal my own deck .........oops sorry, bigsmile:

This journey has taught me to let all these things go and just concentrate on what I am doing to get healthy.

All the best to you. :flowerforyou:
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    Just for the record I am NOT calling anyone fat. I'm not the bullying type so, sorry for the misunderstanding.

i didn't take it that way.... the point is the "fatty" you referred to is the one who busted out the "fat" word in the first place with commiseration, so it totally made sense, especially in quotes!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I don't like being called fat, chunky, big, or any of the above names by ANYONE, muchless from someone who has no room to speak! And for those who are bashing the OP, she did NOT call anyone "fat." If I am reading correctly, large women called her "fat."

You're not reading correctly. She called the woman who called her fat a fatty. So we can hem and haw all we'd like but those are the facts.

ETA: Nevermind. Apparently putting it in quotes makes it ok to call someone a fatty. How dumb of me.
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    ugh YES a woman easily 150lbs more than me said something like "big girls like us" and I was terrified... it was part of what motivated me to up my workouts from 3 to 6 times a week!
    That might have had more to do with her not facing up to how she looked herself, but, we take the motivation wherever it comes from, right??

right!!! i've tried convincing myself that she was just trying to feel better about herself... but it's way more productive on my end to keep running from that grouping :-)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    It happened to me once and to top it off I had lost about 40lbs and weighing in the high 130s best shape I had ever been. But I guess she ran out of comebacks.

You see I was at the grocery and as I was going to go up and isle she was blocking the whole entrance lookign at some product. I patiently waited (and yes she saw me a few times) but once she was done she decided she wanted to back up instead of moving forward pushing me back. So as I moved past her I told her "you swear you are freekin royalty you have seem me waiting and still had the nerve to push me back!" to which she replied back "You swear you are royalty too fat *kitten*" my rebuttal (since she was wearing a long skirt "yeah says the lady wearing a parachut as a skirt.." at this point she just walked away.
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    My mother-in-law told me that I shouldn't have any Victoria's Secret catalogs because we were both FAR from looking like THAT. Nice.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Brett - I am reading both the thread topic and the original post just fine. And just wondering, if all of the hemming and hawing bothers you that much, then why don't you just not read the thread? Arrogance and sarcasm are really not necessary.

Just my opinion :)
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    People do it all the time, dont know why....One thing I know is Not everyone is overweight because they eat too much or are lazy, it could be a medical issue, and not everyone who is skinny eats healthy...I have learned a few lessons in the past year and I would never call anyone fat or say"she must starve herself" each person whether chubby or skinny has some major issues involving their weight..(some are very confident though, regardless) I wouldnt like my friend to refer to me like that true or not, thats just me, always been sensitive about my weight even when I was very thin.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Someone called me a "gordita" about a year ago. I almost swung a bat in the general direction of her face until I realized what she meant.

I know she didn't mean it in a negative way. "Gordita" is often used by people in Miami to affectionately refer to a girl who is chubby but very pretty, but I just kept thinking about the taco bell gorditas.

pdp_gordita_supreme.jpg

now I'm hungry

Seriously...I'm rerouting my drive home to hopefully hit a Taco Bell. Dammit. *kicks rock*
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't like being called fat, chunky, big, or any of the above names by ANYONE, muchless from someone who has no room to speak! And for those who are bashing the OP, she did NOT call anyone "fat." If I am reading correctly, large women called her "fat."

You're not reading correctly. She called the woman who called her fat a fatty. So we can hem and haw all we'd like but those are the facts.

ETA: Nevermind. Apparently putting it in quotes makes it ok to call someone a fatty. How dumb of me.

In my opinion, you're taking it incorrectly.. but Again I can apologize and take the heat for a bad title.. I DO NOT and WILL NOT EVER sit and bash people... But I can take the heat for a bad title...not sure how many times I have to say that, maybe you are looking to round up a bunch of people to attack me? That's fine. I can handle it. Not calling people names here.. But I can see why you feel the way you do.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Brett - I am reading both the thread topic and the original post just fine. And just wondering, if all of the hemming and hawing bothers you that much, then why don't you just not read the thread? Arrogance and sarcasm are really not necessary.

Just my opinion :)
    haha, funny! true!
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options

In my opinion, you're taking it incorrectly.. but Again I can apologize and take the heat for a bad title.. I DO NOT and WILL NOT EVER sit and bash people... But I can take the heat for a bad title...not sure how many times I have to say that, maybe you are looking to round up a bunch of people to attack me? That's fine. I can handle it. Not calling people names here.. But I can see why you feel the way you do.

I think the majority of us agree that we understand what you were saying and you weren't calling people fat!! Don't really understand the hostility from others about something so silly!!
  • anoroc751
    anoroc751 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So i'm Domincian and all my life my mom and dad would call us fat and anyone else for that matter. It was strange like for some reason in our culture it was ok to say that. "how are you today, looks like you are getting fat again". Gordto...Gordita...

Growing up when we went shopping for clothes we had to shop in the "husky" section. It wasn't till I was older that I realized this was the stores nice way of saying "fat" people section.

I always hated it. Like I needed to be reminded of it.

Doesn't happen much anymore as most of my close friends know I go up and down from season to season and they are used to it.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options

I think the majority of us agree that we understand what you were saying and you weren't calling people fat!! Don't really understand the hostility from others about something so silly!!

I do appreciate that :) Thank you.
  • RoseMarieBaker90
    RoseMarieBaker90 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I met my fiancé two years ago, I was about 30 pounds lighter. His ex-girlfriend, who is around 250 lbs, had the nerve to call me fat when I was slightly 165 pounds. One day she called him and he told her to stop and she started about stupid stuff. One thing I really remember her saying is ‘Did you leave me cause I am fat cause the girl you’re with now is fat like me too.’ In my opinion I have an excuse to be pleasantly plump-I have two boys and she has no kids. AND, besides, I am far from being her size and then some.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    So i'm Domincian and all my life my mom and dad would call us fat and anyone else for that matter. It was strange like for some reason in our culture it was ok to say that. "how are you today, looks like you are getting fat again". Gordto...Gordita...

Growing up when we went shopping for clothes we had to shop in the "husky" section. It wasn't till I was older that I realized this was the stores nice way of saying "fat" people section.

I always hated it. Like I needed to be reminded of it.

Doesn't happen much anymore as most of my close friends know I go up and down from season to season and they are used to it.

Yup!!! I can relate 100% lol.. I mean yeah now that I'm older it rolls off my back more so than when I was younger.. But every once in a while.. I just want to snap back! lol
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I am on here because I am fat. Lard *kitten*. Fatty fatty fat fat. Chubby. Fat ****er.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Embrace who you are.

You. Are. Fat.

People see your fat rolls when you are in a swim suit. You jiggle when you walk.

Get over it.

Now, go lose some weight.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I don't even need a scale because my nail lady keeps me informed of how fat I am. :laugh:
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I am on here because I am fat. Lard *kitten*. Fatty fatty fat fat. Chubby. Fat ****er.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Embrace who you are.

You. Are. Fat.

People see your fat rolls when you are in a swim suit. You jiggle when you walk.

Get over it.

Now, go lose some weight.

Me too. Fatty fatty fat fat. That's why I'm here.