Being called " fat" by another " fatty"

Options

Replies

• Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I am on here because I am fat. Lard *kitten*. Fatty fatty fat fat. Chubby. Fat ****er.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Embrace who you are.

You. Are. Fat.

People see your fat rolls when you are in a swim suit. You jiggle when you walk.

Get over it.

Now, go lose some weight.

Like I said I know I am big. but I do not like being called names..by anyone.. I mean who does?! Yeah I am here for a LIFESTYLE change.. not just because I am " fat" or as you said Lard *kitten*. Fatty fatty fat fat. Chubby. Fat ****er... it's much more than that. For the record " skinny" girls don't like being called out for being " too skinny" either.. I'm glad though, that you can let it roll off your back more easily than others. I am working on that.
  • anoroc751
    anoroc751 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I am on here because I am fat. Lard *kitten*. Fatty fatty fat fat. Chubby. Fat ****er.

Embrace who you are.

You. Are. Fat.

People see your fat rolls when you are in a swim suit. You jiggle when you walk.

Get over it.

Now this made me laugh.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options

Embrace who you are.

You. Are. Fat.

Get over it.

Well, that is one way to say it. :huh:

While I feel what you wrote is true about myself, I hesitate to tell others the same simply because everyone can be sensitive to different things. Especially the ladies. So even if you are correct, you could probably use some more tact IMO.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Embrace who you are.

You. Are. Fat.

Get over it.

I got no problem knowing that I'm fat. I got no problem with my loved ones coming up to me and saying politely that they're worried about my health and that I need to take care of myself. I do have a problem somebody else calling me fat as an insult when they themselves should be looking mirror
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Embrace who you are.

You. Are. Fat.

Get over it.

I should have said one other thing. If anyone looks down on you because you are fat. Tell them to kiss your *kitten* and walk on. It's a body shape, not your soul.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Brett - I am reading both the thread topic and the original post just fine. And just wondering, if all of the hemming and hawing bothers you that much, then why don't you just not read the thread? Arrogance and sarcasm are really not necessary.

Just my opinion :)

Is he supposed to not reply to a thread simply because he has a differing opinion? Does that not defeat the purpose of posting a topic on a public forum?
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever been called a fat chick by another large woman? So, I have fallen victim to the " Us fat chicks" and the " two fat girls" comments, said by another large woman( or women). I know I am big..but, I don't care what size you are.. I don't want to be called fat by another person..Maybe i'm just a sensitive baby? But, it bothers me a little!! I know they don't mean it in a malicious way AT ALL.. but, it just ain't cute! ( Now please don't come verbally abuse me!!) :flowerforyou:

I totally understand what you mean. I feel like some women want to embrace their obesity, but I am not one of them. I want to escape my obesity. It is not something I want to "bond" over with "other fat chicks."

I feel the same way about the word "heiffer." Some women use it to describe their friends when they would otherwise call them a *****. I think it's just as terrible to call your friend a cow.
  • ElleOQuent
    Options

Embrace who you are.

You. Are. Fat.

Get over it.

AMENNNNNNNNN. :drinker:
  • SouthernNHgirl
    SouthernNHgirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My ex-in laws used to mention my "fat" all the time. It bothered me because there were times when I lost the "fat" and they wouldn't mention that they noticed me losing weight. I always thought that was strange for them to think it was ok to bring up the negative, but not the postitive.
  • jennlowe66
    jennlowe66 Posts: 30
    Options
    Brett - I am reading both the thread topic and the original post just fine. And just wondering, if all of the hemming and hawing bothers you that much, then why don't you just not read the thread? Arrogance and sarcasm are really not necessary.

^^^^^^^this!
  • Bumdrahp
    Options

Is he supposed to not reply to a thread simply because he has a differing opinion? Does that not defeat the purpose of posting a topic on a public forum?

of course he can, I think it's the way he did it that made others ( myself included) feel like it was an attack? Maybe? but anywho. His opinion has been understood. I have no issues with it.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Embrace who you are.

You. Are. Fat.

Get over it.

I should have said one other thing. If anyone looks down on you because you are fat. Tell them to kiss your *kitten* and walk on. It's a body shape, not your soul.

BINGO!
  • ElleOQuent
    Options

of course he can, I think it's the way he did it that made others ( myself included) feel like it was an attack? Maybe? but anywho. His opinion has been understood. I have no issues with it.

I'm sorry that his sentiment on the matter felt like an attack, especially because he not once was abrasive.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I think the majority of us agree that we understand what you were saying and you weren't calling people fat!! Don't really understand the hostility from others about something so silly!!
    [/quote]

^^This. To the OP, yes, it would've pissed me off--a LOT. And, I'm sorry, being told you're "fat" is not the same as someone commenting on your having brown hair or freckles since the first is offensive, at least to 99% of the population. Now I'm sure someone is going to comment that there are people who don't like brown hair or freckles...sigh...
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    It is definitely a little more of a guy/girl difference. Most of my freinds refer to themselves as fat old men.

And if someone says it in an insulting manner, I have no problem telling them what i think of them.

At least I still have my hair!
  • Bumdrahp
    Options

I'm sorry that his sentiment on the matter felt like an attack, especially because he not once was abrasive.

Hm, I think when he was gettign sarcastic ^^ as she said.. it felt aggressive in a way. Like I said. I have no issues with it.. I understood where he was coming from so, it really is fine now.
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've never been called fat by another fat chick but I had a room mate that was always skinny and would make comments here and there. This was about 15 years ago. I ran into her a couple of weeks ago and she is now bigger than I am. I may burn in Hell for saying this but "NANNY, NANNY NANNY"!!! :laugh:

KARMA!!! Lmao You wont burn in hell.. she got hit the the karma bus!

LOL!! YEAH!!!!!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    yeah, I'm Puerto Rican so, all my life I heard " gordita".. Kind of grew up not likeing it though lol.

Yea, same here. Gordita the way I always heard it used had nothing to do with being pretty or not. It definitely was used to describe any girl who was fairly chubby, whether or not she was pretty. I definitely wouldn't take it in a good way, lol.
  • atrjohnson
    atrjohnson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I usually refer to myself as fat and it bothers other people not me. I am only offended if people start telling me I am going to die an early death. I am an adult and I know my Dr feels so I don't need another opinion. I have made statements such as "big girls have to stick together". Also, since I am 6" tall some people will always refer to me as a big girl.