what to do with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• catbells32
    catbells32 Posts: 1
    Options
    I put chopped lettuce in bowl , then the cottage cheese, and top with either pineapple tidbits or lite drained fruit cocktail.
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like a couple tablespoons on a salad because it adds a creamy element (and is healthier than creamy dressing) or mixed with melon or berries.
  • Jenniriggins
    Jenniriggins Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    With tomatoes, salt and pepper or on a baked potato!!!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese freaks me out (especially when its on my bum and things :laugh: ) but I am interested in incorporating it into my foods.

Will stalk this post again at a later time for some ideas.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese freaks me out (especially when its on my bum and things :laugh: ) but I am interested in incorporating it into my foods.

Will stalk this post again at a later time for some ideas.

bum and thighs. damn it!!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    peaches!!!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it with cinnamon sugar on top. :D
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I use it as dip for celery and carrot sticks =]
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    I somtimes use it in place of butter,

Its nice on crackers or rice cakes with a slice of tomatoe or gerkin or chives

also like to make vegybake layerd partly boiled veg , cottage cheese in between can put Lasagne sheets in it to0
    and make a low fat white sauce pour it over and bake.or just put some Light cream instead of white sauce.

nice as a dolop on top of pumpkin soup or french oinon soup too
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    It's also very good to make baked macaroni and cheese with :)
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I do a tip I found on here awhile ago, put it on toast with pineapple, cinnamon and brown sugar, and put under the grill (I think americans call it the broiler?) until bubbling. For a savoury version I do the same with tomato, salt, pepper and basil.
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese and pickled beets or fruit or pepper, Mrs. Dash is good too!
  • NewImprovedMrsCoates
    NewImprovedMrsCoates Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Totally thought this thread was gonna be about how to rid that annoying cellulite from your thighs. *sigh....,
  • gotheresa
    gotheresa Posts: 1
    Options
    On toast w pepper and fresh slices of tomato. Makes for a nice sandwich actually--but don't pack it in your lunch that way, it will soggy up the bread. Wait until you are ready to eat it.
    I also LOVE cottage cheese with a little bit of yogurt. Adds texture, protein, and makes for lower sugar snack.
    Amazing w a dallop on sliced cucumbers drizzled w Catalina or French dressing.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    with olives - about 1/4 cup of cottage cheese with about 5 green olives added
  • AllieCatz
    AllieCatz Posts: 26
    Options
    My favorite is mixing 50/50 cottage cheese and flavored yogurt.
  • IndyMode
    IndyMode Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm getting some great ideas from this thread, cottage cheese is a staple in my diet since it's low-cal and high in protein. here's the ways I eat it:

Mixed with crushed fire roasted tomato Triscuits(soooo good, it reminds me of pizza, I think everyone should try this)

Sliced tomato and/or cucumber with salt and pepper

Mixed with trail mix, (usually Ann's house brand-Almonds, Cranberries, Sunflower seeds, soy nuts)
  • codiem
    codiem Posts: 19
    Options
    There are some great ideas here! Will be stalking for future ideas... I'm a picky eater, but maybe some of these will work!
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    with saltine biscuits (tuc, ritz or similar) add salt and pepper to taste.
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    It's also very good to make baked macaroni and cheese with :)

YES!!!!!!!