Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    I only planked once today (47 seconds!), but will definitely be doing it as often as possible on Jeannie's advice to get Maui ready!!! :flowerforyou:
  • artichoke
    artichoke Posts: 73
    Options
    argh! 1 MIN 5 SEC....I'm so doing this every day now - great idea!!
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    1min 22 seconds.... I will get to 7 minutes! :bigsmile: I wonder how long it will take me :tongue:
  • NinaDawn79
    Options
    OMG, I went from 10 seconds to 47 seconds side planking! How the heck did that happen in two days?? (Not that I'm complaining, mind you! :laugh: )
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Haha. I went to the gym yesterday and decided I would do 1 hr cardio and then abs and flexibility.
    I do my stretches and I am about to do my planks when this buff dude in itty bitty shorts, lands right next to me....far enough away for a full view.

Dude goes into a plank for 5 minutes or more:noway: :noway: I yelled..........BANKS is that YOU man???

But then figured our banksy would not be wearing those itty bitty shorts:laugh: :laugh:

I almost wanted to applaud!!

I waited to do my 30 second chicken planks:blushing:

But I did them and got to 1 minute, then 45 seconds and the 3rd one was 30 seconds.

next time I am doing them 1st so I can see if energy has anything to do with it!!

:drinker: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    OMG, I went from 10 seconds to 47 seconds side planking! How the heck did that happen in two days?? (Not that I'm complaining, mind you! :laugh: )

SIDE planking?????? AWESOME!!! I can still only do 5 seconds:laugh:
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    35 seconds...going up s....l....o....w...l....y.:ohwell:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Does it matter if you do it on your elbows versus your straight arms? I have pain in my shoulders and do alot of those exercises on my elbows and feel it more in my stomach, but is that cheating?
  • NinaDawn79
    Options

Yep, but I'm still holding at about 45 seconds "regular" planking, not much improvement there. :ohwell: I am definitely feeling all this extra ab work you "prescribed" for me, yowzas!!!

:laugh:
  • NinaDawn79
    Options

Yep, but I'm still holding at about 45 seconds "regular" planking, not much improvement there. :ohwell: I am definitely feeling all this extra ab work you "prescribed" for me, yowzas!!!

:laugh:

Oooooh, I get to take this back! I lasted 1 minute, 2 seconds this morning, woot woot!

LOVE this challenge, what happened to all our other challengers???
  • NinaDawn79
    Options

You know what I think it was?? When I was being a crazy person at work by myself last Sunday, I did a ton of kickboxing kicks (NO IDEA of what they are really called, I just learned 'em from an All Star Workout on FitTV, haha!) and my obliques were SO SORE the next day. I've been doing as many of them as possible during the day since, and I think it's making a ginormous difference already. :bigsmile:
  • NinaDawn79
    Options
    Well dangit, I wont let this thread die, even if it turns into my personal progress report! :laugh:

75 seconds front planking and 30 seconds side planking today (I decided to try a fully extended arm side plank, and don't think I'll do that again until I'm down a few more pounds, my wrists did not like that stress and I didn't feel it as much as I do with the elbow side planks).
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Are you guys doing extended-arm planks, or elbow planks? I've been doing elbow planks... still do them almost every day, just don't post unless I've had an increase in my times! I am still here! :smile: Nina, I am still at 82 seconds doing front elbow planks. Haven't tried side planks yet!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I read that if you do the plank, then stretch and rest the area, the 2nd one will be longer. So I did my plank, then I did child pose
    http://www.yoga.org.nz/postures/childs_yoga_instruction.htm
    and I was able to do the next plank for 15 seconds longer.

I am really having fun with this!! Thanks so much for starting this thread!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Well dangit, I wont let this thread die, even if it turns into my personal progress report! :laugh:

75 seconds front planking and 30 seconds side planking today (I decided to try a fully extended arm side plank, and don't think I'll do that again until I'm down a few more pounds, my wrists did not like that stress and I didn't feel it as much as I do with the elbow side planks).

Wait till you are stronger. Weight has nothign to do with it. I watch the yoga class at the gym, and there are some big girls in there that hold those poses like you wouldnt believe. Of course, I had to ask the instructor..:laugh: I am so curious...........she said that it has to do with core strength and the more you do it the better you get. can do it every day she said.

So I am!!

Nina...........looking good girl!!:drinker:
  • ninaskys1090
    Options
    dang im way late on this but i wana play!!!!! can i play :cry:
  • ninaskys1090
    Options
    awwww im horrible i cant do it i shake!!!!! mine was for 51 sec. im trying again. best outa three i guess
  • ninaskys1090
    Options
    hahaha ok im done for today. i did 45 sec thats it. wow i need to get back into shape. o my:embarassed:
    241533.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • NinaDawn79
    Options
    Oh, I totally forgot to report that on my Friday workout there were two guys planking like demons!!! They were pressing a weight (no idea how many pounds) on each other's backs while they planked. I think they lasted for 30 seconds of that torture. I about died. And was too embarassed to plank in front of them, so did some hip raises on the pilates machine and slunked outta there (don't worry, I planked at work later!)