whoever gave this quiche recipe i LOVE you!

Options

Replies

• schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ctflute
    ctflute Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm forcing myself to wait til tomorrow to make this because it looks like a winner. I entered all the ingredients and calculated a pie plate as 4 servings. That means you get a full 1/4 - pretty hearty - for...wait for it...162 calories! Or if you make it in 8 ramekins or 8 muffin cups you could eat 2. I can't wait to try this!

My recipe is as follows:

2 large eggs
    16 oz container lowfat cottage cheese (I got 2%)
    1 onion
    3 mini sweet peppers
    1 cup baby spinach
    1 tsp olive oil to saute veggies

It's 162 calories per serving, 12 carbs, 7g fat and 14 g protein per serving.

Switching to 1% milkfat cottage cheese and skipping the olive oil for sauteeing would lower the counts even more.
  • katzba
    katzba Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Always looking for something new to try
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tj1971
    tj1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to the person who gave this recipe

500g cottage cheese
    2 beaten eggs

mix together and add quiche like vegetables mushrooms, peppers etc put into a flan dish and bake for about 25 minutes

its LUSH

mwah x
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/640386-quiche-with-cottage-cheese?hl=cottage+cheese+quiche#posts-9290922 Here's the thread with all the details on bake time, etc.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm forcing myself to wait til tomorrow to make this because it looks like a winner. I entered all the ingredients and calculated a pie plate as 4 servings. That means you get a full 1/4 - pretty hearty - for...wait for it...162 calories! Or if you make it in 8 ramekins or 8 muffin cups you could eat 2. I can't wait to try this!

My recipe is as follows:

2 large eggs
    16 oz container lowfat cottage cheese (I got 2%)
    1 onion
    3 mini sweet peppers
    1 cup baby spinach
    1 tsp olive oil to saute veggies

It's 162 calories per serving, 12 carbs, 7g fat and 14 g protein per serving.

Switching to 1% milkfat cottage cheese and skipping the olive oil for sauteeing would lower the counts even more.
    Oh didn't see this version... love the idea of muffin tins! Thanks so much for sharing it:happy:
  • MOMMAHOWE
    MOMMAHOWE Posts: 21
    Options
    SOUNDS GREAT!!! WILL TRY THIS!
  • BrendaHyde
    BrendaHyde Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    does this reheat well? I was wondering if I can make and take for breakfast a few times to work?
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    does this reheat well? I was wondering if I can make and take for breakfast a few times to work?

I made it in 4 ramekins and froze 3 of them. I reheated in the oven rather than the microwave and they heated up well. But I'd think they'd be fine heated up in the microwave as well. Tasted just fine.
  • CLD79
    CLD79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bev214
    bev214 Posts: 20
    Options
    bump
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    just made this for lunch...no quich pan but used my non stick with pan. Added some fresh chopped spinach, tomatoe and a little onion and baked at 350 for 25 minutes. put a little mozarelli cheese on top and ate with a little picante sauce. Absolutely wonderful...thanks so much for a great idea!!!!

This ^^^^^^^^
    Going to make this ASAP Thank You
  • LeighashKD
    Options
    bump!
  • lstockham39
    lstockham39 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • oreillyn
    oreillyn Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I made it in 4 ramekins and froze 3 of them. I reheated in the oven rather than the microwave and they heated up well. But I'd think they'd be fine heated up in the microwave as well. Tasted just fine.

Great idea on the ramekins : )
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to the person who gave this recipe

500g cottage cheese
    2 beaten eggs

mix together and add quiche like vegetables mushrooms, peppers etc put into a flan dish and bake for about 25 minutes

its LUSH

mwah x

Did I give you this recipe??? I love it and have been making it for years xxx
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    bump!!! this is for dinner tonight!!!