whoever gave this quiche recipe i LOVE you!

Options

Replies

• jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    if you don't like cottage cheese- would you like this?
    I don't like cottage cheese- but this does sound healthy
  • bethb03
    bethb03 Posts: 96
    Options
    bump
  • High_D
    High_D Posts: 10
    Options
    What does "bump" mean? (Sorry I'm new to the message board.)
  • goodtwin_77
    goodtwin_77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I made this yesterday. It was scrumptious. I used low calorie turkey sausage links and zuchini in mine.
  • bbbland
    bbbland Posts: 1
    Options
    Do you put the mixture in a pie crust or is it crustless?
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    if you don't like cottage cheese- would you like this?
    I don't like cottage cheese- but this does sound healthy

I like cottage cheese but I'd never guess that was the base for this recipe. It tastes much more like a egg base, hence the reference to quiche. Texture is much more egg like as well. I really liked it.
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Do you put the mixture in a pie crust or is it crustless?

I made mine crustless in ramekins and 1/4 of recipe filled the ramekin to the top.
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sound delicious :flowerforyou: Bump
  • Gatorjrm
    Gatorjrm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Cooked or raw veggies???
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have 1% cottage cheese and will try this tomorrow or on the weekend with onions, peppers and spinach, thanks!
  • khelser
    khelser Posts: 27
    Options
    I made this last night. It turned out great. I used 3 eggs, and 9 tablespoons of egg whites, 2 cups of cottage cheese, green pepper, mushrooms and onions. I cooked it in a crust ( the only reason I eat quiche is for the crust so I couldn't make mine crustless) then cooked turkey bacon and topped the pie with the bacon and a little cheese. (BTW this made 2 pies) Total calories for 1/8 of the pie was only 153 calories.

Thanks sooooo much for the idea
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Can you microwave it?
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bump :drinker:
  • rosekrista
    rosekrista Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump:happy:
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll try to do it veeeeery soon!
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I made this last night. Just a couple of small ones to test them. I put low fat cottage cheese, fresh spinach and a couple of eggs, some garlic powder and ground pepper. Put them in the fridge and had them for breakfast today. I never realised cottage cheese could taste sooooo cheesy. They are amazing. This is going on my list for breakfasts this week.
  • Kppr59
    Kppr59 Posts: 12
    Options
    Perhaps I did something wrong? I made this this weekend and it was not a hit in my family. It tasted like an omelet with cottage cheese and vegetables which is fine if you like cottage cheese, but not worth the extra time it took to bake it. In my oven it took about 40 minutes to set and it was still pretty wobbly - scrambled egg-like. I was hoping for more of a quiche-like experience to slice and serve.
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lolamwest
    lolamwest Posts: 40
    Options
    bump
  • Sadie_sal3267
    Sadie_sal3267 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I made this, added Shrimp, Scallions, Broccoli, onions & 1 TBS Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! yummy I could eat this all the time, thanks for sharing!!