What do you eat for breakfast? Bored of egg whites!

Options

Replies

• philco41
    philco41 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Nonfat plain Greek yogurt with fresh fruit-blueberries, strawberries, bananas, etc.--and a bit of good granola on top.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I make a killer hydrating smoothie (use a hand blender for best results)
    1 whole banana
    1/2 can, or 6 ounces, of Goya Unsweetened coconut WATER (not milk!)
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (or 1/4 tsp if u want--i love cinnamon)

Coconut water (from unripe coconuts) has tons of potassium and electrolytes, naturally.
    copied from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/03/coconut-water-myth-or-mir_n_669572.html: an average serving has 569 mg, which is almost twice the amount in a banana. potassium helps regulate blood pressure by counteracting the effects of sodium, which contain 160 mg, and this in turn helps to prevent related issues like stroke, heart attack and hangovers. Compare this to 14 fl. oz. of Gatorade, which contains 'only' 52.5 mg of potassium and 192.5 mg of sodium. you need sodium, but you need more potassium daily then sodium.

PS-
    if you want to use yogurt in other smoothies---NOT THIS ONE, blending yogurt makes it watery....u should always fold yogurt in at the end, so its nice and thick.
  • NavaGirl35
    NavaGirl35 Posts: 36
    Options
    Shakeology..... either chocolate, greenberry, or strawberry...... mixed how ever I want it ....reduces calories, feeling good and has lowered my Cholestrol.....I have more energy......
  • oldtrubs
    oldtrubs Posts: 30
    Options
    Protein shake and a cup of multi-grain cheerios with half a cup of light soy milk :)
  • thinkingthinandhealthy
    Options
    I've been going w/ a 1/2 c. of dannon natural vanilla yogurt w/ strawberries and blueberries - added to that, a 1/2 c. of Kashi Mountain Medley granola. keeps me full until lunch and i'm getting my fruits.
  • Ihatecomicsans
    Options
    Turkey bacon sounds gross. What is it? Turkey shaped like bacon? Does it even taste of bacon?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Pesto on one slice of whole grain toast, butter and marmalade on the other.

Oatmeal with peanut butter and honey or maple syrup.
  • heiditritschler
    Options
    DIET PANCAKES…new craze from the DUKAN DIET

KEEP YOU FULL ALL MORNING AND MAKE YOU FEEL AS THOUGH YOU ARE CHEATING WHEN YOU ARE NOT!!!

2 rounded tablespoons of oat bran (not quite heaped)
    2 large eggs (or x-large)
    2 large tablespoons of smooth fat-free cottage cheese
    pinch of salt
    shake of Stevia powder or sweetener powder.
    Dash of vanilla essence
    Dash of cinnamon powder
    About half to one teaspoon of baking powder

Stir it all together with a spoon and let it stand for a while. The bran absorbs the liquid and it gets a bit thicker.
    Heat a non-stick pan and put in a dot of cooking oil, and wipe the pan out with kitchen paper towel. So that there's not much oil.
    Then pour in a good couple of tablespoons of the mixture to make a pancake. Turn the pan so that the mixture spreads out on the pan, When bubbles start to appear, and you lift the edge of the pancake with your egg-flip and it doesn't appear to stick turn it with the flip and cook the other side till golden brown. Repeat till you've made about 4 small or 3 large pancakes.
    These are all yours to eat. You can put fresh strawberries on them or low fat cottage cheese.

During the morning drink water and the bran goes on absorbing liquid in your gut and you will be full for ages.

This is also a good way of cutting out wheat. Wheat and sugar are modern man's killers.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Anything protein.....No carbs for me.
  • Emmaroonie
    Emmaroonie Posts: 1
    Options
    People keep talking about protein shakes on here for breakfast. What brands are out there? I've never had one before but I think it might be a good idea.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I normally have Oatmeal or Scrambled Eggs. Today I had an apple.
  • LBash03
    LBash03 Posts: 72
    Options
    Look into shakeology. A little expensive but a GREAT product!
  • amchavarria
    amchavarria Posts: 12
    Options
    I usually eat oatmeal with strawberries and 2 tablespoons of nuts. About 300 cal i think. Its filling and your get good fats and protien from the nuts. Also i cant eat egg white sometimes i eat 2 eggs and applegate turkey bacon with a orowheat think roll-i slice. also around 300 cal and lots of protien in that meal.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    This morning I made a breakfast burrito

1/4 c liquid eggs
    1 carb balance medium tortilla
    1 tablespoon taco sauce
    1/2 tablespoon lite sour cream
    1 slice turkey bacon
    1 turkey sausage link
    1/8 cup fat free cheddar cheese

It's filling and soo yummy and it's 250 calories and 8 fat
  • TappiGabi
    TappiGabi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I usually have a yogurt and a babybel cheese. I also like to have oatmeal with some apples or brown sugar if I have time to make it.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese and 4 turkey breakfast sausages (Jones).
  • KevinHuss
    KevinHuss Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    my typical breakfast:
    A 6oz tub of 0% fat greek yogurt with fruit in the bottom
    a slice of julian Bakery Carb Smart #1 bread toasted with butter
    1 fried egg on the toast

Makes a nice 32 gram shot of protein and only 33 carbs with 13 grams of fiber, and only 341 calories for the morning.
    The Julian Bakery bread is 109 calories, 12 grams of protein, 13 grams of carbs and 12 grams of fiber for 1 net carb. Not the best for sandwiches, but awesome for grilled cheese or toast.

Then my AM snack is half a small grapefruit. Various fruits in the yogurt gives it some variety.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat non-breakfast foods for breakfast. Though the week I normally eat breakfast at my desk at work.
    Today I had a low-carb/high protein tortilla with 2 slices ultra thin Sargento Provolone cheese and 6 slices of Oscar Mayer Selects Rotessiere Chicken Breast lunchmeat with a tsp spicy brown mustard rolled into a wrap. Sometimes I eat cottage cheese or light string cheese with lunch meat wrapped around dipped in spicy brown mustard.
    If I am home on the weekends, sometimes I have scrambled eggs with shredded cheese on them or some Fiber One cereal in a Vanilla Activa yogurt.
    Not much variety here.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal and milk, or cereal and water if the cereal has a lot of calories, or a "bar" of some kind... nature valley sweet and salty nut, or nutrigrain, or south beach peanut butter protein bar...
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a fajita with chicken, peppers, onions, 1 T lite sour cream, wrapped in a La Banderita low carb soft taco-sized tortilla (81 cals and 5 or 6 g fiber, so it's filling). You can make a breakfast burrito, too.