Alternative to chips?

Options

Replies

• MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker Chips are really good. I like the Cheddar. :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I like the baked cheetos its only 130 calories for 34 pieces!

Or the lays original light potatoe chips15 chips 75 calories
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    fried sweet potatoe
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    I typically have a sandwhich and chips - well usually cheeto's or frito's because that's what I have in the house for the kids. Now that I'm trying to eat healthier I need an alternative. I'm not huge on salads, I'll eat them but I don't necessarily like how they taste if I make them the night before and I don't have a lot of time in the morning to put stuff together. I also can't seem to make myself eat raw veggies either.

I eat pita chips which are delicious and fat free pringles! I can't force myself to eat veggies all the time but when the garden is all grown I will!
  • KathyChampi
    KathyChampi Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am the same way so I replaced chips with Kelloggs Cracker Crisps. They taste like chips. It's 110 calories for 27 chips. The southwest ranch and sweet and sour onion is real good.
  • kristi012173
    Options
    Special K cracker chips! They taste like chips, and all the flavors are good and you can find them at almost any grocery store......cheddar is my favorite!
  • magerz18
    magerz18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh my... you must try them!! I love the original or barbecue for lunch or a snack and if I am having a craving for sweets the sweet potato do the trick! Let me know if you try them!!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have been eating Veggie Straws by Sensible Portions they sell them at Sams Club and Walmart.... 38 straws is only 130 calories and they come in a variety of flavors. from Sweet BBQ, Apple Crisp, Sea Salt, Reg Veggie flavor, Cheddar cheese..... They are my go to chip for sandwich times.....

Yep! My kids even like these. The ranch ones are the bomb! Our fave.
  • amandamotley
    Options
    Also a Pop Chip lover. 100-120 calories per bag, and sooo good. Still an every now and then treat for me.
  • bossymomd
    bossymomd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Asian Rice Crackers are delish....the sesame are my favorite, but they sell other flavors too. for 18 crackers it's 120 calories. I usually limit my amount to 9 crackers and sometimes add a laughing cow wedge for 35 calories as an afternoon snack.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    raw cauliflower grated with olive oll and salt(for the crunch) cucumber with hummus.
  • get_sexxxy_shanni
    get_sexxxy_shanni Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like sun dried tomatoes (not the ones in oil, but fresh ones from the produce section) or carrots with hummus. But if you're not ready for that, I also like Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips (http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/best-crackers-4 , http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/taste-tests/food-awards/2011-food-awards-best-savory-snacks/?page=8). They're definitely not as healthy as some other choices, but they're a good substitute for chips.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Veggie Chips are my all time favorite. You can get them at sams club, walmart....they come in different flavors. They crave my fixing for chips ( and boy do i love my chips) You can get the chips or the straws. num num ;)
  • jlbyrum
    jlbyrum Posts: 2
    Options
    Chips are bad because of the oils used to make them in addition to the caloires. Any snack food is bad because of the tempation to munch. Stick to natural foods, at least 50% raw foods. Celery works for me as a chip substitute.
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Here in South Africa they sell cassava chips which are a great alternative to potato chips and only 6 calories each. So a nice big half a plate is about 60 calories. (They are large.) Don't know if they sell them in the US ... But they are yum!
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker crisps 110 calories for 30 chips.

My fave.. I am a chip addict and these hit the spot!
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    SPECIAL K CRACKER CHIPS
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I use flavoured crispy minis... sour cream and onion are my fav.
  • earlsgirl1928
    Options
    Our special K cracker chips original here in Ontario are 80 calories for 20, so even if you wanted to eat 40 that is only 160 calories....and for raw veggies ( as my hubby is not keen on them either without dip ).
    I take a tub of greek yogurt PC brand which is low fat and I take the whole thing and empty it out into some cheese cloth or a j cloth and then I hang it suspended over a bowl in the fridge.............it will drip into the bowl..............then the next day I take it out and mix it with dry onion soup mix or any other dip mix and it is yummy and healthy to dip whatever in................lots of protein too.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K cracker chips, and I also get the "chip feeling" from Dry Roasted Edamame (crunchy, salty... yum)

Today my lunch was a roast beef & cheese wrap, half a can of tomatoes & okra, and a serving of Special K chips. It was filling.