Alternative to chips?

Options
12346»

Replies

• sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i honestly don't recommend switching to a substitute that is still just nothing but empty calories. you're craving for chips will never go away, and you're not doing anything to change your tastes in support of making healthful, nutritional choices. my advice?.. stay away from the baked or lower fat chips, stay away from the "snack pack" crap. switch it up and get creative, my guess is that you're body is addicted to the simple carbs. go for choices that are balanced and contain nutritional value. examples: a serving of almonds or edamame or celery and hummus or a string cheese or pistachios or apple slices with cottage cheese, there's so many things.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker crisps 110 calories for 30 chips.

I agree! And they are delicious!

I agree!! I love the cheddar flavor!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I typically have a sandwhich and chips - well usually cheeto's or frito's because that's what I have in the house for the kids. Now that I'm trying to eat healthier I need an alternative. I'm not huge on salads, I'll eat them but I don't necessarily like how they taste if I make them the night before and I don't have a lot of time in the morning to put stuff together. I also can't seem to make myself eat raw veggies either.

Turn that sandwich into a chef's salad. Take whatever you were going to put in the sandwich and slice it up on a bed of lettuce, hard-boil and slice up an egg to replace the calories from one of the slices of bread, toast the other slice of bread and eat it as a side, and add a dash of your favorite dressing.

The lettuce and toast gives you your CRUNCH, and you're eating leafy greens which are good for you.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    i honestly don't recommend switching to a substitute that is still just nothing but empty calories. you're craving for chips will never go away, and you're not doing anything to change your tastes in support of making healthful, nutritional choices. my advice?.. stay away from the baked or lower fat chips, stay away from the "snack pack" crap. switch it up and get creative, my guess is that you're body is addicted to the simple carbs. go for choices that are balanced and contain nutritional value. examples: a serving of almonds or edamame or celery and hummus or a string cheese or pistachios or apple slices with cottage cheese, there's so many things.

^^^^^^ This. Exactly. You need to convert your lunch, not just substitute one empty calorie for a few less.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Kale Chips.
    Just buy a bunch of kale, break off the leaves, coat it in a little bit of oil and salt and pepper (or any seasoning you want) and bake for like 10-20mins. SOO GOOD.