Why would someone want to do this to there body....

Options

Replies

• onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    What kind of job does she have that she can afford to eat that way and have health insurance and pay all her bills? Or is she living off of some sort of welfare system where the people are paying for it?

I was actually thinking the same thing. A lot of extremely overweight people (not all)! are on some sort of disability/welfare system. I mean, think about it, she can barely walk, do you think she gets up and goes to work every day? Doubt it. There was another woman aiming to be the world's fattest who made money having men watch her eat on the internet, which I believe is how she met her partner. It's a fetish for some men. I suspect her fiance is probably supporting her financially. I mean, 30,000 calories a day? Could you imagine tracking that on MFP and seeing -28,000 in the ticker? I wonder if the numbers even go up that high :frown:

Pretty sure they are the same woman.

They are two different women.
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    He must be one of those "feeders"
  • lolcatftw
    lolcatftw Posts: 36
    Options
    A moment of silence for the poor Medical Examiner and his/her assistant(s) that will have to somehow figure out how to hoist her to and from gurney and examination table before and following the course of autopsy. Yes, these facilities do have cattle scales to accommodate gurneys, but they do not have engine/cattle hoists in the examination rooms. Brave souls, your lower backs are in our prayers.

Not going to make a judgement on the obese lady.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    For those asking about her diet: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026964/Susanne-Emans-bid-worlds-fattest-woman-52st-mother-2-supersizing.html

An article written about nine months ago, her daily goal was about 20,000 calories then
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    it makes them happy, that is all that matters.

FALSE
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Her fiance probably has some good life insurance on her and has his fingers crossed.

I was just thinking the same thing!!!!!
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    This is so sad. How is it even possible to eat 30,000 calories a day???? :frown:
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I would also like a full picture of what all she eats that equals 30k... I barely can get to 2400 a day... maybe 4000 if i go all out and eat badly on the weekend by eating out twice a day... how in the hell do you get up to 30k?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    This woman has since ended her marriage and begun to lose weight. She spoke to the press about how she got into the extreme eating as part of a fetish website where men paid to view her eating via webcam, she became so engrossed with the attention she was getting from people who only liked her for their own sexual fetishes that she just couldn't let that attention go. She left her husband because he encouraged her to eat and took it to a sexual fetish level of wanting to keep her large. He didn't want what was best for her, he wanted to fulfill a sexual desire. The woman has since broken ties with all of this negative influence and is on her way to slowly losing weight and loving herself without the influence of people who view her as a fetishism object to hold her back.

Do you have any link with a story to support this? I hope this is true for her sake so she can try to turn her life around and live.
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    wow .....literally....all I can think to say is ... WTF???... ohhhh and wow....
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Found this article.. and can't understand why someone would want to do this.. and be happy about it... Can someone please enlighten me....

I remember being 300lbs and I was so unhappy in life! Sorry I don't know what more I can say.... "still shaking head"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/07/800-pound-bride-susanne-eman_n_1498377.html?ref=topbar
    In seven pages, I'm sure this has been brought up already. But I need some typing calisthenics so I'll add to the fray and answer the topic subject question.

I would wager this is what she wanted. That is, a HuffPo article, news stories, getting on TV, and us talking about her for pages on an Internet forum.
  • hanna1210
    Options
    What kind of job does she have that she can afford to eat that way and have health insurance and pay all her bills? Or is she living off of some sort of welfare system where the people are paying for it?

I was actually thinking the same thing. A lot of extremely overweight people (not all)! are on some sort of disability/welfare system. I mean, think about it, she can barely walk, do you think she gets up and goes to work every day? Doubt it. There was another woman aiming to be the world's fattest who made money having men watch her eat on the internet, which I believe is how she met her partner. It's a fetish for some men. I suspect her fiance is probably supporting her financially. I mean, 30,000 calories a day? Could you imagine tracking that on MFP and seeing -28,000 in the ticker? I wonder if the numbers even go up that high :frown:

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/37391/susanne-eman-the-728-pound-woman/

Same woman. The 2nd and 3rd pics are from her modeling. If I wasn't at work, I'd pull up the Dr. Oz video.
  • JoyousJustine67
    JoyousJustine67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think the comment on here are sad we are not to judge i am happy for her they look very in love plus no one truley know there story I think posting this was cruel ............................
  • onedayillbeamilf
    Options

Same woman. The 2nd and 3rd pics are from her modeling. If I wasn't at work, I'd pull up the Dr. Oz video.

The woman who had people paying to watch her eat was named Donna Simpson.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014731/Donna-Simpson-Mother-aiming-worlds-fattest-woman-earns-90k-year.html

ETA: The link you provided mentions in the story that Susanne Eman has passed Donna Simpson in her weight.
  • hanna1210
    Options

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014731/Donna-Simpson-Mother-aiming-worlds-fattest-woman-earns-90k-year.html

The fact that there are two women (and probably many more) known for this makes me sad - and a little more worried for our society.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Don't know if it's the same woman but feeling rather defeated that she can touch her toes and I can't (I weigh 178)... *hangs head in shame*
  • onedayillbeamilf
    Options

The fact that there are two women (and probably many more) known for this makes me sad - and a little more worried for our society.

I completely agree. I'm glad that the Susanne woman seems happy, but I'm sad that she'll die an early death while her fiance will be prancing in the streets naked and bathing in the life insurance money.
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The most disturbing thing about this is that people can legally do this to their bodies while others may end up footing the medical bills. Mean while drugs are illegal, cause they cause self inflicted bodily harm, and other social problems. Self destruction with food is ok.
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Can you set MFP to "gain 10 lbs/day" ? Then you wouldn't be over!! & actually her update everyday would be like "fattest_lady_ever complete her food diary & was under her calorie goal!" & as her friends we would be like "woohoo good job!!"
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    The comments on this thread prove once again, it's fine to be revolted by a fat person with an eating disorder/mental illness but if I were to say the same about an anorexic/bulemic person, I'm an insensitive b!tch.

:noway:

I personally would have the same reaction to someone who was starving themselves at the same ridiculous level that this woman is gorging herself. Sad, awful and very very selfish.

me too. i have a few on my friend's list that disgust me with their thinspo-isms.