Celery Diet

Options

Replies

• WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You would be mad to do this - your body will go into starvation mode and then hinder your weight loss!

hmmm, from what i remember starvation mode is just a myth (JUST SAYING)

and another thing my dad rages at me when i mention 'starvation mode'
    he says TAKE IT OUT OF YOUR VOCABULARY!
  • aniwani
    aniwani Posts: 110
    Options
    No comment except where is your Evidence?

There are very mixed views on this... and one week is most deff not going to cause this !
    You would be mad to do this - your body will go into starvation mode and then hinder your weight loss!
  • aniwani
    Options
    Not the same situation... If you had low blood sugar in a day that's something else
    This poster is trying to formulate a diet and she is asking for advise ...

The response from the other poster is ranting about her kids needing to call 911 because she WILL collapse... That's not OK.. if you want to help the poster give suggestions tell her what works for you etc... Don't scold or threaten... no one on here needs to mommy anyone else... or treat anyone on here with such little disrespect. If you have a concern say hey poster this is my experience w/ eating too little ... wouldn't recommend...

Dude the poster is not anorexic... It's outrageous to bring up frightening someones children because they are essentially going to die... She is talking about a week of eating clean... She also asked if she should add things ... I said yes add some stuff little carbs more protein and fats... but it's ok... I also said don't go to low with the cals but the people freaking out and belittling someone because they asking a legitimate question is insane scare tactics are unacceptable on the forum and threatening anorexia is Just simply uneducated ...

Someone who is obese is not going to become anorexic in one week... Give advise don't use scare tactics. If you had a bad personal experience share it don't threaten someone with their kids that's just not OK

This is unacceptable Please never post anything like this again you are a bully!

Just be sure your kids know how to dial 911 in case you pass out cause people fasting do pass out often.

How is this being a bully? This is actually very true.
    I collapsed in front of my advisor because I forgot my breakfast/lunch in the refrigerator and didn't get a chance to eat.

When did I ever say she was anorexic? I am NOT even close to being anorexic. I eat 2000 calories a day and STILL collapsed in front of my advisor. Thank god I had a medical professional with me since i slammed my chin on a desk on the way down. Also I didn't even make the first post. SO don't blame me.

This could be serious. She very well could pass out in front of her children with out enough calories. I'm not even talking about the "diet" and such. The passing out can be serious and not something I would like to risk.

If you are eating clean but still not taking in enough calories it is just as bad.

Why do you put your comments on top of the quotes, most people post them under the quotes like this one.

Is this better? ;)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Not the same situation... If you had low blood sugar in a day that's something else

The response from the other poster is ranting about her kids needing to call 911 because she WILL collapse... That's not OK.. if you want to help the poster give suggestions tell her what works for you etc... Don't scold or threaten... no one on here needs to mommy anyone else... or treat anyone on here with such little disrespect. If you have a concern say hey poster this is my experience w/ eating too little ... wouldn't recommend...

Eating only low cal veggies and a serving of chicken for dinner would create exactly the same situation. She is trying to formulate a crash diet that could be dangerous, unhealthy, and cause for more muscle loss. And you are trying to support it. I think eating clean is a wonderful idea and would be all for the OP doing that. But your body really does need more calories than what she is thinking.

Also, i'm not disagreeing with you that some of the posts are a little too rude for my liking. But I think you are overreacting just a tad. Maybe I have just seen much more disrespect from worse posts
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Oops double post.
  • aniwani
    Options
    I am not advocating for a crash diet, above I told her to add in some fats and carbs and more veggies... What I can speak from experience on is I have lowered my cals to 800-900 for a week ONLY 1 ... I was highly criticized for this but at the end of the week I spiked to 2,000 working out the whole week btw... And I lost 3-4 pounds after I had been stalled for weeks I am back up at a higher level of cals and I am still loosing. I think lowering your diet way down for 5-7 days and making sure you get plenty or protein and fiber is not a bad thing it helped me get out of a plateau in a big way! I do agree she needs a little more to eat but overall I think it's a great way to jump start your weight loss. As for the language and tone many posters have it's highly confrontational and rude ... I want to say I think people need to tone it down! were all in this together and it alienates huge groups of people when others type the first idiotic thing that pops in their head. No one ever needs to feel stupid or belittled when they are coming to ask for help on these forums it kinda the whole point of the website!

Eating only low cal veggies and a serving of chicken for dinner would create exactly the same situation. She is trying to formulate a crash diet that could be dangerous, unhealthy, and cause for more muscle loss. And you are trying to support it. I think eating clean is a wonderful idea and would be all for the OP doing that. But your body really does need more calories than what she is thinking.

Also, i'm not disagreeing with you that some of the posts are a little too rude for my liking. But I think you are overreacting just a tad. Maybe I have just seen much more disrespect from worse posts ya know xD
  • aniwani
    Options
    Ah bad habit posting at the top woops
    I am not advocating for a crash diet, above I told her to add in some fats and carbs and more veggies... What I can speak from experience on is I have lowered my cals to 800-900 for a week ONLY 1 ... I was highly criticized for this but at the end of the week I spiked to 2,000 working out the whole week btw... And I lost 3-4 pounds after I had been stalled for weeks I am back up at a higher level of cals and I am still loosing. I think lowering your diet way down for 5-7 days and making sure you get plenty or protein and fiber is not a bad thing it helped me get out of a plateau in a big way! I do agree she needs a little more to eat but overall I think it's a great way to jump start your weight loss. As for the language and tone many posters have it's highly confrontational and rude ... I want to say I think people need to tone it down! were all in this together and it alienates huge groups of people when others type the first idiotic thing that pops in their head. No one ever needs to feel stupid or belittled when they are coming to ask for help on these forums it kinda the whole point of the website!

Also, i'm not disagreeing with you that some of the posts are a little too rude for my liking. But I think you are overreacting just a tad. Maybe I have just seen much more disrespect from worse posts ya know xD
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I love celery. I love chicken. This 'diet' is insane.

OP I second teaching your kids to dial 911. If you don't eat your blood sugar drops. You get dizzy, light headed and yes pass out. You are a parent. Why would you model such unhealthy habits for your children?

Figure out your BMR and TDEE. Subtract 20% from it and eat those calories a day. You will lose weight. In. Healthy manner. Teaching your kids how to properly look after their bodies. If you insist eat 1200 calories at a minimum. Still not enough but at less. You won't be making yourself sick.

A week of eating like this does not mean you have an eating disorder. It does however mean you have disordered eating.
  • bkingsbury1
    Options
    Seems to me the OP is just looking for affirmation that her crash diet is ok.

There is no magic pill, amazing diet, shortcut.

Why can't people get this into their heads?

And cannot beleive the people on here suggesting its ok.

Seriously. You can't talk sense into some people. And I can bet you that those who support the idea have not been successful in losing and maintaning a healthy lifestyle.

I guess there are people who still beleive in a flat earth, that the sun revolves around the earth and that crash diets work!!

I'm sorry but I'm amazed how anyone would willingly support this stupidity!!
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    the celery diet didnt help me it coulda been the meat and potato seasoning i used i dunno but i still blame the celery
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    Day one is going GREAT! I feel energetic and ready to go. I had a protien shake for breakfast (1/2 cup non fat milk, 1/2 cup oats, 1 scoop protein powder and a couple strawberries) Then for a snack I had celery and raddishes (sp?) drinking tons of water! Wasnt hungry around lunch so I just had some green tea. Now its 4 oclock and I am looking at putting some chicken on the bbq! :) Maybe even a walk with my little ones after dinner. :):)
  • bkingsbury1
    Options
    Death by celery. Yep. It can happen.

http://ironracer.hubpages.com/hub/Celery-Diet
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I would be starving!!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people ask for advice when they clearly know best and will do it anyways.
    Good luck OP. You'll need it. At worst you'll be regaining the 'weight' you're going to lose while you out your body through hell. For your kids sake I hope nothing worse happens. You clearly don't care.
  • Vench
    Vench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people ask for advice when they clearly know best and will do it anyways.
    Good luck OP. You'll need it. At worst you'll be regaining the 'weight' you're going to lose while you out your body through hell. For your kids sake I hope nothing worse happens. You clearly don't care.

Most spot on comment here. Congrats, OP, you got the attention you were apparently craving more than that celery.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

This. You received a lot of good advice, but that wasn't what you were looking for. Focus on the people who agreed with you, since affirmation is what you wanted.

I wish you the best of luck, and we will still be here to help when you need it.
  • aniwani
    Options
    Awesome go girl!
    Day one is going GREAT! I feel energetic and ready to go. I had a protien shake for breakfast (1/2 cup non fat milk, 1/2 cup oats, 1 scoop protein powder and a couple strawberries) Then for a snack I had celery and raddishes (sp?) drinking tons of water! Wasnt hungry around lunch so I just had some green tea. Now its 4 oclock and I am looking at putting some chicken on the bbq! :) Maybe even a walk with my little ones after dinner. :):)
  • bkingsbury1
    Options

I've actually realised what is going on here.

She is coming onto a health website and caricuturing a crash dieter.

Including exulting about the first day!! lol. And a breakdown of hour by hour how successful the method is.

Cleary she is taking the piss. I hope everyone gets that. I call Trol!!
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    okay... lets change this to A strict "veggie diet with chicken" still too hard core?

That's definitely not too hardcore. You can get plenty of fiber and nutrients in with dark leafy greens and brightly colored veggies.. not to mention having endless possibilities for salads. Getting your protein in is definitely important too. I'm a vegetarian since birth, so I don't really know anything about actually eating meat lol.. but tofu, nuts, and beans are great natural ways to add in protein to a diet.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    What Im hoping for is kind of a cleanse... so that I wont want to eat all those carbs or greasy foods after I finish.

If you are trying to reduce sugar cravings, google info on Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) for getting rid of candida (yeast in the gut) and accompanying sugar cravings.

Although it tastes pretty gross, if you take 3T like a shot (followed by a big glass of water--you will need it) 3x/day, in just a few days your cravings diminish.

There is also a lot of stuff on the internet about ACV helping with weight loss, but . . . I can't speak to that.

One easy way to consume ACV is to take about 2 cups of water heat it up, add 2-4 tbsp acv and 2-3 tbsp honey. Makes a delicious "tea" I do this because I really like the taste. It tastes like a tangy apple cider. I don't drink it every day but if i'm low on calories for the day i'll have it as my dessert. I have heard of the weight loss benefits but i'm not sure if that's all hype or if theres really something to it. I've also heard that it helps regulate your bodies pH levels. My great great aunt who's 90 this year has been taking a tsp of acv every morning since she was in her 20's and she's in really great shape and very healthy so maybe there is some truth to it. As to the OP, just focus on getting the appropriate levels of macros. Eat enough protein, not just chicken but fish, tofu, eggs, beans, nuts and then eat as much celery, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, bananas as you can. Limiting your diet is no fun. You won't feel better you'll feel like crap and you will only be making your body work harder because once you start eating regular again you'll most likely gain because your body will finally be getting enough nutrition, so it'll hold on to it. Anyway i'm no master at nutrition but only eating celery and chicken isn't healthy even if those two foods are considered healthy to consume.