Celery Diet

Options

Replies

• hillaryreid33
    Options
    I don't understand why people ask for advice when they clearly know best and will do it anyways.
    Good luck OP. You'll need it. At worst you'll be regaining the 'weight' you're going to lose while you out your body through hell. For your kids sake I hope nothing worse happens. You clearly don't care.

Are you kidding me?? I dont care?? How in the hell do I not care. I am doing this for them!! If I lose weight I know it will take some of the stress of my knee injury down a bit allowing me to play with them more. To say that I dont care.. Wow. I would literally do anything for my kids. ANYTHING. They are my world. So honestly, go to hell. I can tell you right now that my body is thanking me. Im not starving myself and I happy as of right now. Ugh. You are so freaking wrong on so many levels to say that I dont care. GAHHH!
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    okay... lets change this to A strict "veggie diet with chicken" still too hard core?

That's definitely not too hardcore. You can get plenty of fiber and nutrients in with dark leafy greens and brightly colored veggies.. not to mention having endless possibilities for salads. Getting your protein in is definitely important too. I'm a vegetarian since birth, so I don't really know anything about actually eating meat lol.. but tofu, nuts, and beans are great natural ways to add in protein to a diet.

Today was really good. I actually had a quite a few almonds today! haha had to put the bag down! And I am doing every veggie I can. I even bought some tuna.. your a vegetarian but I ear that it has so many yummy ways to cook it. Excited to try this out :)
  • hillaryreid33
    Options
    What Im hoping for is kind of a cleanse... so that I wont want to eat all those carbs or greasy foods after I finish.

If you are trying to reduce sugar cravings, google info on Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) for getting rid of candida (yeast in the gut) and accompanying sugar cravings.

Although it tastes pretty gross, if you take 3T like a shot (followed by a big glass of water--you will need it) 3x/day, in just a few days your cravings diminish.

There is also a lot of stuff on the internet about ACV helping with weight loss, but . . . I can't speak to that.

One easy way to consume ACV is to take about 2 cups of water heat it up, add 2-4 tbsp acv and 2-3 tbsp honey. Makes a delicious "tea" I do this because I really like the taste. It tastes like a tangy apple cider. I don't drink it every day but if i'm low on calories for the day i'll have it as my dessert. I have heard of the weight loss benefits but i'm not sure if that's all hype or if theres really something to it. I've also heard that it helps regulate your bodies pH levels. My great great aunt who's 90 this year has been taking a tsp of acv every morning since she was in her 20's and she's in really great shape and very healthy so maybe there is some truth to it. As to the OP, just focus on getting the appropriate levels of macros. Eat enough protein, not just chicken but fish, tofu, eggs, beans, nuts and then eat as much celery, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, bananas as you can. Limiting your diet is no fun. You won't feel better you'll feel like crap and you will only be making your body work harder because once you start eating regular again you'll most likely gain because your body will finally be getting enough nutrition, so it'll hold on to it. Anyway i'm no master at nutrition but only eating celery and chicken isn't healthy even if those two foods are considered healthy to consume.

I think I am super scared of fruits even though I love them just because there are so many sugars and carbs in them... I think. Thats what I heard at least. Im really gonna try and put a lot of thinking into different ways i can shake things up. I realize now that a strict cerely diet would be somewhat boring. But hey I still ate a ton of it today and it still sounds good to me now. ;) Thank you for your input!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    ...thinks celery diet is a great idea
    ...fears fruits because of too much sugar and carbs.

c'mon, you're screwing with us right? :laugh:

good stuff, nicely done. now please admit it's a hoax because i don't want to continue life believing there are really people like this
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried eating celery (all day long) with a small portion of chicken breast in the evening for maybe a week to lose weight quickly? Im seriously thinking of doing this! I love celery more than anything. Think it will work.. or too unhealthy? I would be taking vitamins as well.

Why don't you try the 17 day diet? It may be a good alternative to what you are considering. It will allow you more variety but still gets some quick results and cleanse your system.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    What Im hoping for is kind of a cleanse... so that I wont want to eat all those carbs or greasy foods after I finish.

If you are trying to reduce sugar cravings, google info on Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) for getting rid of candida (yeast in the gut) and accompanying sugar cravings.

Although it tastes pretty gross, if you take 3T like a shot (followed by a big glass of water--you will need it) 3x/day, in just a few days your cravings diminish.

There is also a lot of stuff on the internet about ACV helping with weight loss, but . . . I can't speak to that.

you are NEVER supposed to take apple cider vinegar by the shot. you are supposed to DILUTE it in water. Why not just tell the poster to pour acid down their throat? it's practically the same thing!

Second, you should have specified that the correct type of Apple Cider Vinegar for consumption is RAW (and Organic) - not the stuff you'd find on the grocery store shelf (Such as Heinz)

Clearly you don't know anything, but you are amazing at giving out horrible advice. I sure hope the OP ignores everything you said.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?? I dont care?? How in the hell do I not care. I am doing this for them!! If I lose weight I know it will take some of the stress of my knee injury down a bit allowing me to play with them more. To say that I dont care.. Wow. I would literally do anything for my kids. ANYTHING. They are my world. So honestly, go to hell. I can tell you right now that my body is thanking me. Im not starving myself and I happy as of right now. Ugh. You are so freaking wrong on so many levels to say that I dont care. GAHHH!

You would do anything except look after yourself. By doing this you are placing huge stresses on your body. You are depriving it of nutrients to lose water weight. Which you will regain next week. It doesn't bother you if you develop an eating disorder. You are scared of fruit. What message is that telling your kids?

I understand you want to lose weight to better look after them but what you are doing is just as bad as overheating every day.
  • aniwani
    aniwani Posts: 110
    Options
    IDK about diet purposes but my mom was told by a gastroenterologist to take heinz apple cider vinegar straight... for this purpose...So maybe check again ...

you are NEVER supposed to take apple cider vinegar by the shot. you are supposed to DILUTE it in water. Why not just tell the poster to pour acid down their throat? it's practically the same thing!

Second, you should have specified that the correct type of Apple Cider Vinegar for consumption is RAW (and Organic) - not the stuff you'd find on the grocery store shelf (Such as Heinz)

Clearly you don't know anything, but you are amazing at giving out horrible advice. I sure hope the OP ignores everything you said.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    IDK about diet purposes but my mom was told by a gastroenterologist to take heinz apple cider vinegar straight... for this purpose...So maybe check again .

I actually have done the research and it has been talked about many times on this forum, as well. It is very dangerous to consume heinz or store brand apple cider vinegar. Has your mother researched this? She may want to look into getting another doctor.
    Raw acv (with the mother of vinegar) is the one consumed for medicinal/health purposes. Please look it up.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    How much do you like peeing? I was on a celery kick there for awhile...ate it allllll the time. Not as part of some special diet, just wanted to eat it so I did. I peed, and peed, and peed, and peed, and then I peed some more. It won't kill you, but I doubt you maintain long-term loss. Just try eating clean and healthy as much as possible and eat at a defecit
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just eat clean to kick start your system? Cutting out processed foods, eating a variety of healthy food and drinking a lot of water is much better than what you are trying to do. What will happen is you will lose some weight... get very excited about it... and when you start to eat more again you will gain wait... freak out and not want to eat again. Your best bet is to build up your metabolism... slow and steady wins the race
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    By eating just vegetables for a week or more, you will seriously put your body into shock. You will bounce back as soon as you resume eating any kind of normal diet again. You NEED carbs, proteins, and fats to function properly! I can't even imagine the kind of headaches, stomach cramps, lethargy you would feel if you just ate things like celery and sugar snap peas with a piece of chicken every day!
    Vegetables are a great way to add nutrition to your body with a low calorie value, but they are not good for sustaining life by themselves. You need sources of protein (if you don't eat meat, then you should eat things like tofu, beans, nuts and nut butters), fats (olive oil, avocado, etc) and carbs (fruits, the occasional baked potato, brown rice, whole grains).

What you are describing is a diet followed by a lot of people who suffer from anorexia. It is not a healthy, long-term way to lose weight. There are a lot of great "cleanse" diets available that involve eating healthy, raw foods but still allow your body to take in proper nutrition.

Set a GOOD example for your children and set yourself up for success by learning how to create the proper ratio of nutrients in your daily diet. The results will be long lasting, and the cravings for bad stuff will go away pretty quickly as well.
  • AzhureSnow
    Options
    Why don't you just eat clean to kick start your system? Cutting out processed foods, eating a variety of healthy food and drinking a lot of water is much better than what you are trying to do. What will happen is you will lose some weight... get very excited about it... and when you start to eat more again you will gain wait... freak out and not want to eat again. Your best bet is to build up your metabolism... slow and steady wins the race

THIS!
  • row_rivers
    row_rivers Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    celery is one of those "negative calorie" foods that take up more calories to digest than it actually supplies. it's actually mostly water and fibre you're taking in. you WILL lose weight on a scale. but you could be doing some real harm to your body. your body NEEDS calories to LIVE. to breathe, keep your heart beating, to digest. now imagine when you need to walk or go to work, you NEED calories for that too. if your body doesn't get those calories, yes, it will feed on your fat stores (depending on your current body fat %) but it will also feed on your muscle. this isn't good for you in the long run. muscle is GOOD for fat loss. also, going slow and steady will prevent binge eating. i don't know about you but i would definitely crave a dump truck load of deep fried lard slathered in cheese and self-loathing after a week of just celery and chicken.

if you want to go on some type of cleanse, then eat clean. go organic or even vegan (do your research before you do this).
  • cannonsky
    Options

THIS!

I was going to say the same thing to your post!
  • AzhureSnow
    Options
    celery is one of those "negative calorie" foods that take up more calories to digest than it actually supplies. it's actually mostly water and fibre you're taking in. you WILL lose weight on a scale. but you could be doing some real harm to your body. your body NEEDS calories to LIVE. to breathe, keep your heart beating, to digest. now imagine when you need to walk or go to work, you NEED calories for that too. if your body doesn't get those calories, yes, it will feed on your fat stores (depending on your current body fat %) but it will also feed on your muscle. this isn't good for you in the long run. muscle is GOOD for fat loss. also, going slow and steady will prevent binge eating. i don't know about you but i would definitely crave a dump truck load of deep fried lard slathered in cheese and self-loathing after a week of just celery and chicken.

if you want to go on some type of cleanse, then eat clean. go organic or even vegan (do your research before you do this).

The "negative calorie" thing is a myth, BTW.
  • AzhureSnow
    Options

THIS!

I was going to say the same thing to your post!

Great minds and whatnot :)
  • sarahsxt
    sarahsxt Posts: 66
    Options
    I Hate Celery.

I second this.

Anyway - if you're just doing it for quick results, then I say go for it and good luck! Eating celery and some chicken for a week probably won't have any long term consequences. I'm not sure if weight loss will last - but if it does, hey, good for you! I would advise doing it for longer than a week, though! Supplements are not the real thing :)

Maybe you could add a nutrition shake?
  • cannonsky
    Options
    I Hate Celery.

I second this.

Anyway - if you're just doing it for quick results, then I say go for it and good luck! Eating celery and some chicken for a week probably won't have any long term consequences. I'm not sure if weight loss will last - but if it does, hey, good for you! I would advise doing it for longer than a week, though! Supplements are not the real thing :)

Maybe you could add a nutrition shake?

people keep suggesting that she adds things... at this point the answer is really "eat a balanced diet"
  • shannp
    shannp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Don't be rude. Im just asking for advice.

Well Seriously...do you really think eating nothing but celery and a little bit of chicken for a whole week is the healthiest way to lose weight.

If you are serious about losing the weight and keeping it off, forget about these silly quick weight loss schemes and do it the right way. Otherwise you will only put the weight straight back on and then maybe even more!