Sports Bra at the gym - appropriate or not?

Options

Replies

• LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Not allowed at base gyms...
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Girl if you're toned or buff, sport it.

If not cover that *kitten* up. Seriously, I have not and will not ever get to sport just the sports bra look. I give other people the courtesy of covering up. I ask that they do the same. Love yourself at home in your house for your eyes only.

Nonsense. They are not there for the purpose of being pleasing to your eye. They are at the gym to work out. If you don't like it, look elsewhere.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    If it's hot, I don't see a huge issue with it. If you're just doing it to show off, why not just go to the pool instead.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    believe me if I didn't wear a sports bra I'd have two black eye !

I think she meant, "Is it appropriate to wear the sports bra without a shirt over it?"
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Not to sound like a total perve - but I love it. It motivates me (also makes me feel like a fat turd). I do find myself staring quite a bit though. Mostly because I long to look like that .
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as a problem. If it makes you uncomfortable though, you could always wear a loose t-shirt over the top, then take that off when you're on the treadmill, elliptical, etc, so you aren't walking around feeling over-exposed.

(edit) If that profile picture is what you look like now...you look fantastic and have nothing to hide!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Definitely acceptable. I've gone running a few times in just my sports bra and shorts purely to try to keep myself cool.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    At my gym the young ones wear them alone, of course I wear a tank over mine.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Do it. I don't see a problem with it. I wish I was in shape enough to feel comfortable in just a sports bra. When I run outside in the summer, I only wear a sports bra, mostly because of the heat. If your reason is the same in the gym, you're totally justified. Also, if you have a rockin' bod, you're justified. lol!
  • truss08
    truss08 Posts: 21
    Options
    I think it is fine :-) If you got it flaunt it ;-P
  • joydivision92
    joydivision92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    honestly, if your gym is warm as hell. make yourself as comfortable as possible, if that means a sports bra, then ya, do that. i see a lot of girls at my gym do there cardio with just a sports bra and then when they do more strength based training, they were a light shirt over top. maybe try that.

my gym is at work, in an office building, with ZERO fans, it sucks. if i could run shirtless, hell yes i would.
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    Depends on the person wearing them.

If I am making bets with myself on which boob will pop out first it's probably not appropriate in my opinion. Then again, it does make cardio time go by faster!
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    it wouldnt be appropriate for me to wear a sports bra without t-shirt people will lose the appitite its ok though ill get there eventually
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER personally wear my sports bra in public. I do see it as a bra, and I wouldn't walk around in any other bra. I think it's just the name, though - psychological thing.

However, they cover PLENTY. It's not like they're skimpy and revealing - they cover lots more than a bikini would. I think if someone's got the confidence to wear one in public, good on them.

I agree with this a little.
    It is a bra. It's meant to be an undergarment.
    If you have a problem with heat and perspiration, buy cool /dry/breathable wick wear. They come in tanks.
    I am noticing more and more gyms having a dress code these days.

But, in the same breath when you are shopping for sports bras you can clearly see a difference in those that were meant to be worn under something and those that were not.

It's all about the bra, the boobs and the person. Personally, if I am seeing your side boob you are either wearing the wrong sports bra or you are just there for attention. In either case, for as much as I love women, I don't want to see your side boob (or any other part of it for that matter) at the gym.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I wear a t-shirt over mine but hey if you've got it flaunt it! Who cares...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    As long as the appropriate bits are covered, comfort is all that matters.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    If I could I would, but at this point in my journey I cant so I dont.

I see nothing wrong with it...at all.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If its hot I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't think they are that revealing anyways
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think it is okay although I would never personally do it. I workout at home in my sports bra and shorts but would feel too uncomfortable at the gym, if you are comfortable go for it girly!
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Appropriate.

I'm not to that comfort level yet - - but I will be. :smile: