Sports Bra at the gym - appropriate or not?

Options

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I think if you can rock it go for it....Honestly we should know what appropriate or not....My gym doesn't permit it....but I know a few that could get away...I still work in progress....
  • samanthapearle
    Options
    IMO, if you're fit and covered then it's whatever. Makes no difference to me. I'm not there to worry about some girl/woman's tummy showing, I'm there to work out.
  • phantasia01
    phantasia01 Posts: 18
    Options
    I wear a light t-shirt over my sports bra. When I see women in just the bra, I think they're trying to attract attention.

I have to agree with this.
  • phantasia01
    phantasia01 Posts: 18
    Options
    i'm pretty sure my gym has a policy against it and i would never workout in just a sports bra. a light baggy t-shirt, or moisture whicking top would keep you just as cool, if not cooler, without drawing attention to yourself and or distracting the other people at the gym ;)

Agreed!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Girl if you're toned or buff, sport it.

If not cover that *kitten* up. :grumble:

edit- a sports bra under workout clothes is also must. No matter who you are.

100% AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    IMO, if you're fit and covered then it's whatever. Makes no difference to me. I'm not there to worry about some girl/woman's tummy showing, I'm there to work out.

Agree, I dont think much of it because my gym never turns the air conditioner on and running long distance on the treadmill I overheat so bad I wish I was up to the point where I could wear just my sports bra! I could run so much further without overheating! I ran 9kms yesterday and felt like I was going to melt lol and I was wearing a loose light baggy shirt, sports bra and shorts and it was still super hot.
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I see no problem with it, as long as you're fit like other people have said. I couldn't pull it off. What works for me is I wear wife beaters (sorry if that's offensive to someone, it's what I call them). I've found that big baggy t-shirts actually make me overheat more.
  • sheschemes
    sheschemes Posts: 67
    Options
    Use the guys as your guide. Are they exercising shirt off? Wearing only a sports bra is the equivalent. That is for co-ed gyms.

In a women's only gym, there may be more leeway. In Rome, do as the Romans do.

That's a great way to go. It's definitely a question of the gym environment more than the person.

I've never seen a shirtless guy at my gym, but I have seen plenty of women in only sports bras and no one seems bothered by it.

That works too. If there are other women in their sport bras then you're golden. If it's just one woman then it might be an issue since some gyms have rules against it.

Personally, I don't care what other people wear to work out period.
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options

If not cover that *kitten* up. Seriously, I have not and will not ever get to sport just the sports bra look. I give other people the courtesy of covering up. I ask that they do the same. Love yourself at home in your house for your eyes only.

:grumble:

LOVE THIS EDIT!!!! ^^^^^
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    What it is a gym... just as long as nothing is hanging out you should be fine.. I can't wait to i get my sexy back..I will be rocking mine without all the layers to hide the extra thickness...
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options

If not cover that *kitten* up. Seriously, I have not and will not ever get to sport just the sports bra look. I give other people the courtesy of covering up. I ask that they do the same. Love yourself at home in your house for your eyes only.

Nonsense. They are not there for the purpose of being pleasing to your eye. They are at the gym to work out. If you don't like it, look elsewhere.

Firreal. It's just a body. I'm equally interested in a buff person shirtless as I am in a person with high body fat shirtless which is.. not at all because I'm freaking exercising and minding my own dang business.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Just let it be known... If you are wearing nothing over the sports bra at the gym and look like your profile pic, I will be gawking.

:bigsmile:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I wear a light t-shirt over my sports bra. When I see women in just the bra, I think they're trying to attract attention.

Being honest here, I have to agree.

Me too! and some gyms have a "dress code."
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if you got it, flaunt it. my gym's ventilation is kind of iffy and i'm a heavy sweater on top of that. if i could get away with just a sports bra and compression shorts i'd definitely do it.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i personally think its shocking!! maybe i am sheltered, but i would never walk around in a sports bra around a gym. i really dont like attracting attention to myself at the gym especially when i am doing glute exercises or anything that looks like a sex pose exercise hahaha. i would just feel like i would have a neon sign on my head that says LOOK AT ME!!!

more power to the girls who do, i would be shocked though. i never see girls with just gym bras on at the gym!
  • sailorsiren13
    sailorsiren13 Posts: 460
    Options
    if i had the rockin' bod i would totally wear nothing but a bra and shorts but alas i have the belly and until i have the mommy makeover i have to wear the shirt over it :bigsmile:
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the day that I can wear a sports bra and nothing more! I think it's fine as long as your covered up. Chalene Johnson wears next to nothing in her Turbo Fire videos and that just makes me jealous and want to look like that so I push harder!
  • ishax24
    ishax24 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I workout at home in my sports bra and shorts but would feel too uncomfortable at the gym, if you are comfortable go for it girly!

^^This

And I used to wear just a sports bra and leggings at the gym.. when I put on belly weight I started wearing a tank top over it.. I have rather large boobs so I have to wear a good fitting sports bra, and in a vest top or a sports bra I'm used to people staring at them in the gym so it really doesn't bother me.
    If you've got it flaunt it!!
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think it is inappropriate but that's just me. Everyone should have to wear a shirt.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's a bra.