Sports Bra at the gym - appropriate or not?

Replies

• SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Totally fine.
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Gives me motivation, ngl.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    It is totally fine!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    i wear a sports bra only just about every time i work out... at home though... idk if i'd go shirtless at the gym... try it out once & see how you like it... if it works for you & you're not uncomfortable, keep it up!! if you're uncomfortable, throw a tank top over it next time!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    All the people shocked by this, are you also shocked by the elite competitive athletes running in front of thousands in a stadium and sometimes millions on TV in their sports bras? Or the multiple women I see at every local race in just a sports bra? It covers more than a bikini top and most of them look like truncated tank tops more than they look like bras.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    i'm a fan :bigsmile:
  • DarwinChick95
    DarwinChick95 Posts: 144 Member
    I dont see whats wrong with wearing one? It doesn't matter what other people think, your there for yourself so do as you please. If people dont like it they can go to Bunnings, buy some wood, build a bridge and get over it!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    I say do what makes you comfortable...IMO going to the gym you are there to work out not to gawk at what others are wearing..If I see something I don't like I will turn my head.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    If you have the figure for it why not :) if not don't. Just saying...
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Totally appropriate...just wear a Tee to and from.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    I am curious about what people think of women who work out in a sports bra and workout pants/shorts. Is it considered appropriate or too much skin?? My gym does not have good air conditioning and I die of heat less clothes the better, but first I want some opinions. Thanks

If I looked like you I'd rock a bra everywhere... sports or not. Just sayin'
  • maksimsmom
    maksimsmom Posts: 11
    Here's my two cents: if you are going to bare a lot of skin at the gym, make sure you bring a towel and wipe your sweat off the machines when you're done! thats it!
  • puppy13
    puppy13 Posts: 9
    your at the gym working out you sweat your body needs to cool off , you over heat you collapse i think very fine . in any case you arent there to pick up you are there to get fit , go for it as long as the towel goes down on the equipment to stop it from getting gross and sweaty who cares really
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    with that body ashley.. i say 2 thumbs up!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    I wear a sports bra and shorts when working out at my place, but in public no I don't. I don't care if someone is wearing just their sports bra and pants/shorts. I use to play sports and I was always in just a sports bra and short every single day. But now I would not lol but I can't determine if it is appropriate or not, but I just don't care if someone does or does not.
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    I'm abit too wobbly to be seen in public in just a sports bra, not that it matters because I don't go to the gym...I prefer to work out at home :smile:
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Depends. If it is a short little sports bra and you have a G cup...then heck no. If it is a full length sports bra and the boobs aren't spilling out everywhere... then yes. Personally, I am busty and have enough dudes staring at the sisters fully clothed much less in a sports bra. I think putting a tank top or light t-shirt over the top doesn't make much of a temperature change anyways.
  • kellymill2
    kellymill2 Posts: 21
    I think that it's fine. I wish my body was sports bra and shorts ready. maybe someday.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    If nothing jiggled I'd do it. I wear the tank-top-style sports bras with another tank or t-shirt overtop to hold in all the bounce lol... but I'm motivated by seeing fit bodies. Our bodies are like machines; I can appreciate a finely-tuned machine.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    I do it outside when I am running in the heat, but at the gym I always wear a tank top or something