I've lost the "why"?

Options

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit enought to do some serious hikes next year when we got to the South Island New Zealand.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Ironman Arizona 2013
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I want my own sexy photo spread in the middle of MuscleMag, Muscular Development, Flex and Oxygen Magazine. I want to do a nude photo shoot too, just to show off ;-P

I want to be confident wearing a sports bra and no shirt.

I want to look in the mirror and immediately think, "F*** YEAH! You sexy mofo, you..." Expletives should be an appropriate response to how good I am going to look, hehehe
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I exercise to release stress, tension and built up anger. If I don't work out for a few days (like right now, majorly under the weather) I start to get antsy and short tempered...it's my release.
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    To keep my job and hear wife wife tell me how sexy I am getting! :wink:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Endorphins.

I am bipolar and exercise helps.

Plus, it is good for my body. I am no longer trying to lose weight, but exercise is good for me. Period.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Because I get to eat more.
    ^^^^ THIS!! I love to eat... I wanna eat carbs and such and get my sweat on. I also wanna build muscles and help fill up some of the excess skin I'm going to have. I don't want to look melted like an old crayon under a carseat. I'm sure I'll still have some Salvador Dali belly kickin, but I wanna tone up what I got while I've still got it.

Also, I told my kids that I can jump on the trampoline with them when I lose 100 lbs. It was just sucky on my knees when I was heavier. That stuff is hella fun!!!!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I like to exercise to be healthy. But I also really enjoy it because it either gets me out of the house and I can get in a zone and not have to socialize with others I can just stay focused and just take some quiet time to think about me.. And when I exercise outside, it's because I love being outdoors, playing frisbee, running around, kayaking or bike riding. I love being outdoors, so why not work up a sweat while completely enjoying myself.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    to avoid surgery and prove my doctor WRONG that i can and will do this on my own
  • aztec1966
    aztec1966 Posts: 12
    Options
    I find that exercising increases my energy level and I have had fewer colds.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Makes smile knowing that I did something good for myself!!
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is still a part of why ....a small part

I enjoy the feeling of strength I get and knowing that I am a bad *kitten* ....
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel like I could kick *kitten*!!
    I love lifting weights and feeling like the She-Hulk.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    *endorphins
    *more nummy food
    *better cardiovascular health, less chance of diabetes
    *feeling like an athlete
    *muscles are sexy
  • arojas1227
    arojas1227 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight faster and still be able to actually eat :)
    Also, I want to be fit. Being thin is easy for some people, I want to go beyond that and be an inspiration. I want to know that I could win in a fight. I want to prove others wrong. And I want to live longer. ♥
    538 more reasons: http://reasonstobefit.tumblr.com/
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I wrote a really long message. But Instead, I'd like to ask everyone "why", specifically, they exercise?

There's got to be more to it than - "I want to lose weight", which probably means that you're disgusted enough with your appearance to do something about it.

That used to be enough for me, but I really can't think of a motivating enough reason to exercise!

I'd like to hear some of your thoughts.

Many thanks :)

Because its one of the only times as an adult that you are legitimately allowed to play :D
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Because I get to eat more.

hahahaha this^^
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    check out this "skinny" butt and you'll see WHY!
    http://theabpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/skinny-fat-butt.jpg
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I want to live. Not live as in enjoying life. I want to stay alive. I have young kids, a wonderful wife and a long history of heart disease. My doctor laid it on the line, live or die. My dad died at 53, I am 48. If you have nothing that inspires you ask yourself, whether you want to live or who is depending on you being alive.

Good luck on your why, you can do it.
  • lichensandseeds
    lichensandseeds Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    stress relief!

long runs= lots of time to zone out and be quiet and enjoy scenery. also endorphins are awesome.