I've lost the "why"?

Options

Replies

• Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll be the first here to say: I HATE IT! :noway: :noway:

I don't want to exercise. I don't want to run or lift weights or sweat or do ANY of it.

It's a personal struggle to force myself to DO IT......................and although I do try, I pretty often fail miserably.

However, I DO enjoy walks and hikes, and seeing the wonderful beauty around me, and enjoying a lovely day.......so that's what I try to do the most. I live in an incredibly beautiful place, by a huge and wonderful lake.....and there are walking trails and areas that make it easier to enjoy the great outdoors.

But most of the time? I hate it :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Because I can.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    To be a badass.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I don't "exersize". I do what I love: Triathlon and soccer.... Lots of running, swimming, cycling, mountain biking, hiking, etc.... and to be better at them and prevent injury, I lift weights.

I'd be bored with exersize too if it didn't have a purpose other than to lose weight/look good.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    That zone that you get into when you go for a run. I love being there.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Oh boy do I hear you.

I started this so I could take the city fire fighter exam. The physical part is very difficult and I was a 263lb couch potato. So I worked at it almost every single day. Keeping under my calories, waking up at 4:30 to hit the gym, swimming, running, lifting... all of it.

Well it turns out that I didn't do well enough on the WRITTEN portion of the test to ever actually become a fire fighter. Yes I passed and I'm still eligible to take the physical portion, but the odds are too stacked against me with the way the scoring works. No matter how well I score on the physical I'll never be a city fire fighter.

Yes I know all the other positives. I've changed my life. I'm healthier and happier and I've inspired people.

But sometimes I ask myself, "why?"

Especially when I have Bleeding Nipples from running.

Bleeding Nipples album due out this Christmas.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    -I want to be fit
    -I want to run 5k's not walk them
    -I want to be healthy
    -I want to be a good example to my son
    -I want to feel good about myself
    -I love the "me" time I get when I workout
    -I feel better
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    To do the physical things I like to do and to look good naked.
  • ShawnaCurley
    ShawnaCurley Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Two huge factors: Health, Eating more.

But it also gives me energy, makes me feel good! When I don't exercise now, I really miss it. After a good workout session I feel I can do anything. To me exercise is just as good for your mental condition as your physical condition! It all works together!

There is so many activities you can do that can be catagorized as excercise.....like tennis, biking, hiking, swimming and one of my very favorites, ballroom dancing!

I say find something you love doing and it won't feel like exercise at all!

The key is to keep moving! And yes, you can actually enjoy it!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I feel like junk if I dont and when Im in the last 1 or or last leg of a long ride or run I feel like im on top of the world. Its the best feeling to push your body to the absolute limits.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Because I am seeking complete health - mental, emotional, and physical - I battle my depression with exercise and that is more than enough for me...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    less time to shave my legs
    reverse cowgirl
    tough mudder
    dressing slutty
    to have the body im meant to
    cause i live in NYC and should look better than this

CAUSE SELF-PROPELLED EVOLUTION IS ****ING AWESOME AS ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I feel better when I exercise, it helps my anxiety and depression and puts me in a great mood after I'm done. Otherwise I'm just kind of 'meh' when I get off of work and want to laze around all evening.

I see results when I try hard, I am competitive with myself and it gives me great joy to achieve a new personal record.

I want to feel sexy again. Not lumpy, like LSP from Adventure Time.

I like to go shopping and I hate not being able to buy something cute because a part of my body is suffering a malfunction

My BF's dad owns a boat so we are always going to the marina during summer to swim.... so, bathing suits constantly for about five months out of the year.

Last year I wanted to lose weight so badly but somehow couldn't get into a productive routine, so I spent the whole year beating myself up and feeling very negative. Now that I've made progress, I don't want to lose it and I never want to feel that way again.

I live in Texas, where it's hot as balls all year long and I'd like to be able to wear shorts again and not feel stupid.

I hid my belly by wearing hoodies to work constantly for about two years. F that.

One of my friends who meets me at the pool is a swimsuit model --

wtfox.png

Oops, wrong picture.

anica.jpg
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    - I want to eat more
    - I want to buy smaller clothes
    - I don't want to die from something I could have prevented
    - I don't want to see myself as lazy

I AM STUBBORN - I don't want to quit anymore... I'm sick of quitting.

I quit quitting.
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Helps to relieve stress and built up frustrations.
  • Spinach_Brigade
    Options
    Exercise == Mood boost, stress breaker, sleep enhancer.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i want to prevent blood clots ( Aunt died of a blood clot, mom had to be put int he hosp b/c of a blood clot, also she has a clot in her heart, luckly it is on the side that pushes out, so it is breaking into smaller peices)

i also want to be able to move around and breath easy

plus i like the endorphins that are released when i workout ..
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    -Because I figure if I'm at home with nothing better to do, I should get off my butt for 45 minutes and exercise instead of just watching tv.
    -Because I always feel proud afterwards
    -Because I get to eat more
    -Because I live in such a beautiful city, why not walk around and explore it?
    -Because I'm too young to get winded going up 4 flights of stairs
  • aggiebit
    aggiebit Posts: 1
    Options
    Well I walk for exercise at least 30 minutes a day. If I do not walk, I do not lose weight. So every day I say to myself -
    I HAVE TO WALK SO I CAN EAT!!

Why? SO YOU CAN EAT.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    to let go of all the stress and tension, also i tend to go running or bootcamp on a thursday night, i do this to escape my other half watching the darts premier league on television lol, i HATE darts