Weigh less after pooping?

Options

Replies

• C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    I would be curious to know what your daily diet consists of? How many calories you consume each day?

well i eat about the same thing everyday

for breakfast i have a frozen breakfast biscuit thing with bacon egg and cheese and vitamin water with miralax and benefiber in it

lunch: turkey sandwich and some chips and maybe half of a can of pop

dinner: today all i had was a piece of bread but usually chicken and rice or spaghetti---you know, real dinner lol

thats about it
    Do you only drink water in the morning?
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    1109MoreCrap--1.jpg
    HAHA love it

Lol, I was just calculating how many courics it weighed. 1.2!
  • shannon8489
    shannon8489 Posts: 39
    Options
    I would be curious to know what your daily diet consists of? How many calories you consume each day?

for breakfast i have a frozen breakfast biscuit thing with bacon egg and cheese and vitamin water with miralax and benefiber in it

dinner: today all i had was a piece of bread but usually chicken and rice or spaghetti---you know, real dinner lol

thats about it
    Do you only drink water in the morning?

i drink it throughout the day, i dont know how many glasses....maybe 4-6?
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    its not uncommon i over heard my girlfriend tonight talking to her mama on the phone said she was gonna get rid of a 377 pound turd tomorrow .............funny thing i weigh 377 pounds ..... shifts eyes
  • cadency
    cadency Posts: 51
    Options
    So I was hoping to find a serious reply to this...

If you're having regular BMs, the average BM weights about 0.8 oz. So roughly, that's half a lb of loss. Now, most people end up peeing when they BM as well... and depending on how much fluid you're also losing, 1L of fluid is equal to 2.2lbs. So weighing after emptying yourself is probably the most accurate way to do so... at least, you cut out the fluctuations.

to the OP, is your GI md or your pcp aware of your daily intake? It sounds like you have basically no natural fiber in your diet. Very limited fruits and veggies. A combination of lean protein, fruits and veggies will definitely help. Unless you've tried that and gave up?

I work in an ER and we get overloaded bowels all the time...
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options

thats about it

Whoa, no veggies? You need to eat a lot of green leafy vegetables and fruits, for one thing! try that!
  • theladyy
    Options
    I have had issues too. Eating right has actually helped clear up some of my issues. I also weigh sometimes before/after because curiosity.....LOL Sometimes it makes a difference, but never 3 lbs.................... I can't believe I am talking about this on the internet. Seriously, this stuff embarrasses the crap (haha) out of me talking about IRL!

Not me! Pooping is the cornerstone of a lot of my families conversation.... You should have heard how much my ex and his family discuss it...almost everything ends with someone having to poop, when someone pooped, what makes someone poop,...it was ridiculous sometimes.
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    its not uncommon i over heard my girlfriend tonight talking to her mama on the phone said she was gonna get rid of a 377 pound turd tomorrow .............funny thing i weigh 377 pounds ..... shifts eyes

Uh-oh, LOL!
  • shannon8489
    shannon8489 Posts: 39
    Options
    So I was hoping to find a serious reply to this...

If you're having regular BMs, the average BM weights about 0.8 oz. So roughly, that's half a lb of loss. Now, most people end up peeing when they BM as well... and depending on how much fluid you're also losing, 1L of fluid is equal to 2.2lbs. So weighing after emptying yourself is probably the most accurate way to do so... at least, you cut out the fluctuations.

to the OP, is your GI md or your pcp aware of your daily intake? It sounds like you have basically no natural fiber in your diet. Very limited fruits and veggies. A combination of lean protein, fruits and veggies will definitely help. Unless you've tried that and gave up?

I work in an ER and we get overloaded bowels all the time...

i have tried so many things.......... fruits, veggies, supplements, flax seed, etc.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If you're serious, try some Align. My doctor recommended it; it's a probiotic supplement. It might help. They sell it over the counter. I'd get a two month supply to start. It doesn't work overnight, but it seems to help. That said, I have never gone to the bathroom that big. Sounds brutal. :sick:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    i was gonna say wheres the fruit????

Fruit makes you go.
    yep
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I eat while pooping. It's kind of like eating back your exercise calories.
  • theladyy
    Options

If you're having regular BMs, the average BM weights about 0.8 oz. So roughly, that's half a lb of loss.

How is an eight of an oz. equal half a pound?
  • cyrilserafin
    Options
    Lol. Does this work after you pee as well?
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    And I thought I was the only one who weighed before and after...... BAHAHA But 3lbs that's got to be like a record or something...
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Wow that must have been one massive turd! I do not see much weight difference if at all any after a poop

Gold!

Same here. Turd volume is negligible at best. Although its definitely a good time to weight yourself, post elimination...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

If you're having regular BMs, the average BM weights about 0.8 oz. So roughly, that's half a lb of loss.

0.8 =/= 1/8th
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    I eat while pooping. It's kind of like eating back your exercise calories.

Thats just grose!
  • theladyy
    Options

0.8 =/= 1/8th

It still doesn't equal half a lb...
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is the funniest discussion I have read to date!!!!:laugh: