Why do men not see clutter?

Options

Replies

• Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Very very very short attention span. All males seem to drop those clothes and seconds later they are blind to it and have their attention on something else. Keep a garbage bag in the room....and every time he drops his stuff put it in the bag.....eventually he will wonder where his stuff went......and you can point at the bag, lol.

This... just be sure you are never guilty of the same thing or he may do it back to you!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Because we're busy killing dinosaurs and hunting and gathering.
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    Another thing that he does....his clothes on the floor RIGHT next to the laundry basket! Up against the darn thing even, But not inside? I should probably be happy that it's not the living room floor :)

Dont' get me wrong. I love my guy to pieces, guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this am :)
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Based on the nature of this thread, I have to conclude that I have a penis.

I suck at housekeeping :/
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

me too!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Another thing that he does....his clothes on the floor RIGHT next to the laundry basket! Up against the darn thing even, But not inside? I should probably be happy that it's not the living room floor :)

Dont' get me wrong. I love my guy to pieces, guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this am :)

That just means he sucks at Laundry Basketball.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

me too!

Jodi, I am quite sure that the only penis that you may have is probably in a jar of formaldehyde on your dresser....:tongue:
  • foxy2311
    Options

That just means he sucks at Laundry Basketball.

So true :laugh:
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I have asked my husband this, he can walk through the house and not notice one thing, I will walk thru and notice at least 10. He says he really just doesn't think about it. I'm thinking because his mom didn't really keep a clean house so clutter is normal to him :grumble:
  • foxy2311
    Options
    I have asked my husband this, he can walk through the house and not notice one thing, I will walk thru and notice at least 10. He says he really just doesn't think about it. I'm thinking because his mom didn't really keep a clean house so clutter is normal to him :grumble:

This could be true of my guy. He grew up in a house with 3 siblings and many foster children coming through over the years. Although his mom was a most fabulous mom and a stay at home parent, I'm sure it must've been difficult to keep a clutter free home. I know his sister's house is the same way
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I wake up this morning to my living room having basically been treated as if it is my fiance's closet! a pair of shorts in the middle of the floor, two pairs of shoes my the couch, a belt on the floor and a hats, etc. Drive me nuts. Why can't guys pick up after themselves! It doesn't take that much energy to put things away!

I hate picking up after a grown man.
    Hate to tell you, but most men subconsciously marry an SO who resembles their mom's habit (vice versa with females). His mom probably picked up after him and now you're doing the same and he knows it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I don't see it because my wife magically makes it disappear. I asked her how she did it once, and I got told to eff off. I just assumed it was because she didn't want give away her magic trick. Silly magicians!
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Other way around. I HATE clutter. It feels suffocating.
    Every woman I've personally met is cluttered. They hold on to everything, have boxes and boxes of crap that never comes out, stick things on every inch of the wall, and then leave their garbage all over the place. Can you say torture?

When I live alone, my place is organized, clean, and clutter free.
  • foxy2311
    Options
    I don't see it because my wife magically makes it disappear. I asked her how she did it once, and I got told to eff off. I just assumed it was because she didn't want give away her magic trick. Silly magicians!

lol...thanks for the chuckle.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    We don't see it because people pick up after us. Stop picking up after us, and we will start to notice it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Very very very short attention span. All males seem to drop those clothes and seconds later they are blind to it and have their attention on something else. Keep a garbage bag in the room....and every time he drops his stuff put it in the bag.....eventually he will wonder where his stuff went......and you can point at the bag, lol.
    Subjective. I'm a male and it doesn't happen in our home since I do all the cleaning on a regular daily basis.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    It's not confined to guys. Women are equally as likely to create clutter. Maybe ask him to put stuff away if it bothers you/

JM
    THIS. My ex girl friend was a slob. Hence the reason why she became an ex girl friend. Being a slob is a deal breaker for me.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    We don't see it because people pick up after us. Stop picking up after us, and we will start to notice it.

Never had roommates in college didcha
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I guess I won the man lottery, however the grass is always greener sometimes, he is almost too neat and organized to the point where he sometimes acts like my mother. But I guess I won't complain ;) He isn't OCD or anything just likes things clean, he does dishes, washes clothes, dusts, vacuums you name it.
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I hate clutter. If anything it's the wife who I am always after to pick up and organize.