Why do men not see clutter?

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    My rule is if it's not in the laundry hamper, it doesn't get washed. We tens to wear jeans a couple days in a row, and I don't keep track of the ones he wants to wear again. So if it's on the floor, I don't touch it.

If I put his stuff away, I'm half jokingly accused of hiding it. Well then put your papers in the two drawers and the basket I assigned for your drop zone right inside the door!
  • lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    I love how this is in the category of open discussion but ppl still get on here and get so mad at these post and act ugly to the person who posts it. Can't you just laugh or try to relate? Or if anything if your so offended that she is frustrated with her husband then go to another post. Geesh, it's open discussion ppl.

Thanks girlie! Agreed :)
    Yw. I know how it feels. My hubs is bad about his clutter too, finally it gets to a point where I get a paper sack and go around just picking up his randoms and set it by his side of the bed. Makes me feel better for getting it out where I have to see it and when he has time and gets tired of climbing over the bag he puts it away! :wink:
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    It starts early on, if they were raised right, they would pick up after themselves!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    It starts early on, if they were raised right, they would pick up after themselves!

Clearly messy people had horrible parents
  • mhopp71
    mhopp71 Posts: 46 Member
    I wake up this morning to my living room having basically been treated as if it is my fiance's closet! a pair of shorts in the middle of the floor, two pairs of shoes my the couch, a belt on the floor and a hats, etc. Drive me nuts. Why can't guys pick up after themselves! It doesn't take that much energy to put things away!

I hate picking up after a grown man.

Works both ways. My wife is a clutterer and has a hard time throwing things out and won't say "no" to anyone offering her anything. I just wake up or come home and get it picked up. really doesn't take too long and it's definitely not worth fighting to change her after nearly 15 years
  • dinovino_59

Not what I said Homer, keep jogging....My statement does not imply that the parents were horrible, merely that they did not discipline as well as they perhaps could have.
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    I just talked to him on the phone on his way to work. He really didn't remember leaving his shorts in the middle of floor. He said "maybe I meant to go back and get them and forgot and went to bed". lol......
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    It starts early.. My 3 year old is in a time out because of his "clutter". His clutter was placed in a box and put out of sight.. He will earn it back when the time is right... Trying to train him young so he isn't pissing off his other half when he grows up :)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Not what I said Homer, keep jogging....My statement does not imply that the parents were horrible, merely that they did not discipline as well as they perhaps could have.

To note, I'm not offended. Merely bored at work.
  • foxy2311
    It starts early.. My 3 year old is in a time out because of his "clutter". His clutter was placed in a box and put out of sight.. He will earn it back when the time is right... Trying to train him young so he isn't pissing off his other half when he grows up :)

That's awesome! Never to young to learn I think :)
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Mine guy complains continously about everything yet he's the one home most of the day with the kids and I still do the tidying up! I work around the clock literally and i tidy when i find the time... if he dont like it then he can lift his finger and help. When you figure out a way to get yours helping let me know how you did it! :)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Because it doesn't hurt anything when my shorts are in the middle of the floor. I clean when I feel like cleaning.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    My boyfriend is the opposite. Everything needs to be tidy and organized.

Then once I get out of bed the room looks like my closet threw up.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Mine does...he complains about it a lot more than I do!
  • foxy2311
    Because it doesn't hurt anything when my shorts are in the middle of the floor. I clean when I feel like cleaning.

It hurts my eyes and my head...lol
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Could be he's- Clutter Blind.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    My husband is horrible... He will collect all the dirty laundry out of the baskets and put them in a pile... PLANNING to sort through it... but never does. HE JUST LEAVES IT THERE.

It drives me insane.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Very very very short attention span. All males seem to drop those clothes and seconds later they are blind to it and have their attention on something else. Keep a garbage bag in the room....and every time he drops his stuff put it in the bag.....eventually he will wonder where his stuff went......and you can point at the bag, lol.
    Subjective. I'm a male and it doesn't happen in our home since I do all the cleaning on a regular daily basis.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor

I apologize. Not all men are like that. My bf is extremely clean and tidy, and I adore that since my last bf was an absolute pig. Men that are clean and tidy are amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,576 Member

So not horrible, just sub par?
  • dinovino_59

So not horrible, just sub par?

I don't know Dorki, do you pick up after yourself..you tell me. What I do know is that I was raised to and I raised my children the same way. Bottom line is, if you want an organized and clean living enviroment you will do what it takes to maintain it...if not, live in filth and chaos unless your wife is willing to clean up after you all the time.