Why do men not see clutter?

Options

Replies

• lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Options
    My husband notices clutter, just not his own. :noway: Also he will walk over a blanket and yell for someone to pick it up. GRRR!!! :explode:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who has a fiance that does all the cleaning in the house?? lol

I cook, he cleans. The only thing he doesn't do is the bath tub... He does it all - dishes, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, garbage, etc etc.... he also does the lawn work.

I'm a firm believer in it's how men are raised...sounds like your honey had an awesome mom who taught him to take care of things!
    Not always true. My mom worked alot so we (my brothers and I) took care of the house. But looking at my brothers now, they are sloppy compared to how I am clean. Same mom different result.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am glad ranting / venting is welcome here.

Honey, if that is his worst problem YOU are one BLESSED woman !
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who has a fiance that does all the cleaning in the house?? lol

I cook, he cleans. The only thing he doesn't do is the bath tub... He does it all - dishes, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, garbage, etc etc.... he also does the lawn work.

Vile witch hath cast a spell on her beloved!!! Get the pitch forks!!!! Set up the pyre before she can infect the rest of us!

Hey hey hey! LOL

I wish I could cast spells....maybe then he wouldn't complain so much when I leave my stuff all over the place! LOL
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I wake up this morning to my living room having basically been treated as if it is my fiance's closet! a pair of shorts in the middle of the floor, two pairs of shoes my the couch, a belt on the floor and a hats, etc. Drive me nuts. Why can't guys pick up after themselves! It doesn't take that much energy to put things away!

I hate picking up after a grown man.

Love generalizations. You should have asked "Why can't my man pick up afterhimself! It doesn't take that much energy to put things away! "

No clutter in my home.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My guy works late and come home between 2-5 am.. so.. I get left with the work becasue when he isnt working, he is resting because of this overnight hours.. I don't mind so much since all relationships are give and take..He isn't a lazy man by any means so, I cut him some slack with the laundry/dishes. What DOES drive me crazy, is food wrappers everywhere and tupperware.. it's not hard to throw it out or put it in the sink! lol.. but i too do this so, i can't be one to ***** at him..too much.. lol
  • JCDF
    JCDF Posts: 25
    Options
    I wake up this morning to my living room having basically been treated as if it is my fiance's closet! a pair of shorts in the middle of the floor, two pairs of shoes my the couch, a belt on the floor and a hats, etc. Drive me nuts. Why can't guys pick up after themselves! It doesn't take that much energy to put things away!

I've been married for forty years. My husband still doesn't see things like that. But I'll tell you, over time we've come to the place of, if something bothers me, I clean it up. If something bothers him, he cleans it up. And we're both pretty laid back and content. Now and again we ask the other to do something. But rather than get upset about any of it, we just do what bugs us ourselves, along with our regular chores.

That carried into other people too. One time a teenager came to visit our teens, years ago. He looked out in our backyard, which was a mess at that moment in time. Not all that bad, but his parents kept an immaculately landscaped yard. Ours was more for playing in, growing veggies, etc. Anyway, he said, "You need to clean up your back yard." I told him that if it bothered him, to please feel free to go out and clean it himself. He declined.

I think this all plays into taking care of each other. We've cleaned up each others throw-up, we've sat with each other in the hospital. We've cried and worried over each other. I almost lost him a few years ago to a heart attack. So, my priorities changed even more at that point. He is my person, my other self almost. We don't agree on everything, but we are so bonded. And part of that is from doing simple things like picking up his underwear off the floor.
  • Annie_Fannie
    Options
    I too get so annoyed by clutter and picking up after my family constantly... including hubby who is probably the worst offender. I am actaully trying real hard NOT to let it bother me because it comes down to this: He knows how to RELAX and enjoy the little bit of free time he has with his family. So, he gets a free pass.
  • Canuck_TriFit
    Canuck_TriFit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What clutter? :laugh:

Seriously, I don't like statements like this that group people in one category.
    Not everyone is the same. We share the housework duties in our house. It's the way I was brought up.
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options

I am :) Like I said previously..just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    we do.
    I'm ridiculously stressed out by clutter.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Totally outrageous. I have one of my Son's friend living with us until he graduates from school. it was kind of a last minute thing. I cleaned out the computer room, which is basically a closet with a window and an AC vent.
    Well he came with just the right amount of clothes to cover the floor.

I told him I was glad I didn't have a larger room for him because I would have to have bought more clothes so he could have the floor to clothes ratio right. LOL
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

I am :) Like I said previously..just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today

Maybe so, but it's not unfair to ask him and expect him to clean up after himself (at least pickup his clothes and put the dishes in the kitchen sink/dishwasher) especially if you're both working full time jobs (no one is a stay-at-home housekeeper/parent).
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Vile witch hath cast a spell on her beloved!!! Get the pitch forks!!!! Set up the pyre before she can infect the rest of us!

Hey hey hey! LOL

I wish I could cast spells....maybe then he wouldn't complain so much when I leave my stuff all over the place! LOL

Hmm.. I'll believe you this once... But I'm watching you :huh:

Lol
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

I'm sure you don't do anything in the relationship that's unfairly biased towards you =)
  • lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Options
    I love how this is in the category of open discussion but ppl still get on here and get so mad at these post and act ugly to the person who posts it. Can't you just laugh or try to relate? Or if anything if your so offended that she is frustrated with her husband then go to another post. Geesh, it's open discussion ppl.
  • foxy2311
    Options

I'm sure you don't do anything in the relationship that's unfairly biased towards you =)
    Never...and I'm always right. lol jk :)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Never...and I'm always right. lol jk :)

You and my fiancee must have met lol
  • foxy2311
    Options
    I love how this is in the category of open discussion but ppl still get on here and get so mad at these post and act ugly to the person who posts it. Can't you just laugh or try to relate? Or if anything if your so offended that she is frustrated with her husband then go to another post. Geesh, it's open discussion ppl.

Thanks girlie! Agreed :)
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

i know i guy like that..he does everthing and his wife does nothing,and he spends all day working then cooking and cleaning....and bashes her to his friends for being a lazy wife