What is your resting heart rate?

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    it all has to do with cardiovascular health...like I had said earlier...mine used to be around mid 90's resting, and is now low 50's resting!!! That is the diff of NEVER working out, to now doing cardio exercise at LEAST 5 times/week for over a year straight!!! The more conditioned your heart is, the less it needs to beat to get your blood circulating :) Just keep up with the cardio, and healthy diet, and yours should go down too :)
    This can't be right.. and i have been told i have anxiety that might be it

Well, that is right as a broad sweep. Anxiety disorders can elevate your RHR, as can many other individual features. Each individual's heart rate will likely come down with regular cardio. However, you can only really understand the impact of exercise on heart rate on a case by case basis. So to see whether *your* fitness has improved, you need to look at how your HR now compares to your HR when you started getting fit. There are tables against which you can measure yourself against a norm, but case by case i generally more meaningful.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Usually around 60. 12 months ago it was 80, so it's really given me proof that while my weight has not budged in that time, I am getting fitter inside, which is really pleasing.
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    42-48 I was quite worried for a while thinking I needed a pacemaker or something lol. But I guess I just have a super healthy heart :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked, it was in the low 40's (42-44).
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Haven't checked for a while, but high 40s for me, which I'm very pleased with :)
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    down from the 120's last april

seems to be a bit high but my mum and grandma both have high RHR as well, and my (grandma) is hella fit! thinking it might just be hereditary :( got it checked out but apparently i'm fine?
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    how do you measure it? from all the posts, I am assuming the lower it is, the better it is for us. Isn't it that higher heart rate will cause you burn more calories though? should you not prefer high then?

please educate me folks...:)
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mine sits steady at 42, but has gone as low as 38.
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    usually between 55-58!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Just sitting around my heart rate is 55-60. I had some issues a couple of years ago and had to see a cardiologist and wear a holter monitor. When the data from that was reviewed it showed that when I sleep my heart rate is sometimes under 30 and upon waking it's around 35.

However, I do have a heart rhythm condition (will probably someday have a pace-maker) and low blood pressure (have to eat a higher sodium diet.)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    how do you measure it? from all the posts, I am assuming the lower it is, the better it is for us. Isn't it that higher heart rate will cause you burn more calories though? should you not prefer high then?

please educate me folks...:)

For it to be higher, means that your body has to work harder to pump oxygen around your body.
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Even at my highest (461) mine was only in the 50's and now @ 330 it is 40-45... I hate that it is so low in rest because I never feel like I can get my HRM to work right since even in a full run my HR does not go over 130-140...
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    34 year old male. Mine is about 74. Hoping to improve it.
  • callmeabeast
    Options
    For the people asking, it's the heart rate while you are resting (as in sleeping...but you measure it right when you open your eyes to wake up without moving around and getting your heart going) it should be pretty low because you aren't doing activity or moving around, and it does get lower with cardiovascular endurance and it's better when it's lower because your heart doesn't have to work so hard and it pumps your blood more efficiently
  • 69Gemini
    Options
    Heart Rate:
    46bpm
    Blood pressure:
    111 / 69
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    right now - 36.