RED HIGH HEELS GROUP (WEEK ONE)

Options

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure out what kind of tattoo I want to no avail. You ladies have got a GREAT Idea!!! I might be up for that one. I'll have Nadine (NFlinsky) draw one up for me. :tongue: I know I can find an image for one but to have one designed might be more fun.

HHmmm Red Heels Group - 2009 - xx lbs lost in script or something.... A little more meaningful than just a shoe. You gals are GREAT!

I was thinking about getting two shoes. One with a tag that has my start weight and one with a tag with my end weight. If that doesn't ensure I keep it off, nothing will.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure out what kind of tattoo I want to no avail. You ladies have got a GREAT Idea!!! I might be up for that one. I'll have Nadine (NFlinsky) draw one up for me. :tongue: I know I can find an image for one but to have one designed might be more fun.

HHmmm Red Heels Group - 2009 - xx lbs lost in script or something.... A little more meaningful than just a shoe. You gals are GREAT!

I was thinking about getting two shoes. One with a tag that has my start weight and one with a tag with my end weight. If that doesn't ensure I keep it off, nothing will.

I'm designing my next one now....but i'll probably be ready for another one in November. :bigsmile:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

I'm designing my next one now....but i'll probably be ready for another one in November. :bigsmile:

I have a lot I want to get done. I haven't had a new one done in almost two years but I'm waiting until my goal weight out of shear stubbornness. Well, and sheer brokeness. :laugh:
  • Kityngirl
    Options

I have a lot I want to get done. I haven't had a new one done in almost two years but I'm waiting until my goal weight out of shear stubbornness. Well, and sheer brokeness. :laugh:

I have one on my shoulder that I have been trying to design a cover-up for and I am almost finished with it so I have to get it soon :happy:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I need to get mine redone - I had it too close to chemo and my body just didn't want to heal - it got infected - I had pink ink actually running down my ankle and foot it was really gross - it looks OK but I know it should have looked a lot better

Mine's a pink ribbon on my ankle. I have been to chicken to do it again but like you I said I'll do it after I hit my goal probably this winter
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

I have one on my shoulder that I have been trying to design a cover-up for and I am almost finished with it so I have to get it soon :happy:

I have one on each shoulder and they were supposed to be similar symmetrical designs. When I got the second done, I went by myself. Sadly, one is slightly higher than the other but they are both black so I can't cover them. I'm trying to figure out a larger backpeice that will incorporate them both so it is less noticible.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Jbuerer, You are very brave!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    I need to get mine redone - I had it too close to chemo and my body just didn't want to heal - it got infected - I had pink ink actually running down my ankle and foot it was really gross - it looks OK but I know it should have looked a lot better

Mine's a pink ribbon on my ankle. I have been to chicken to do it again but like you I said I'll do it after I hit my goal probably this winter

You could have them use lydocain. It is a topical analgesic that numbs it slightly so it doesn't hurt as much. I'm considering using it when I get one along my spine but I haven't decided.
  • Kityngirl
    Options

I have one on each shoulder and they were supposed to be similar symmetrical designs. When I got the second done, I went by myself. Sadly, one is slightly higher than the other but they are both black so I can't cover them. I'm trying to figure out a larger backpeice that will incorporate them both so it is less noticible.

Yeah. I made the mistake of getting a matching tattoo with my now ex-husband and my 3 year divorce anniversary is at the end of august so I am covering the tattoo (which is only about 1 1/2" wide) with a large upper arm and shoulder piece of a phoenix. :bigsmile:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    my next tattoo is gonna be a naked man staring face to face with a lion...who is really him. not a shoe:tongue:

it is a tribute to those living with schizophrenia.
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Yeah. I made the mistake of getting a matching tattoo with my now ex-husband and my 3 year divorce anniversary is at the end of august so I am covering the tattoo (which is only about 1 1/2" wide) with a large upper arm and shoulder piece of a phoenix. :bigsmile:

I have one on my upper thigh I got on a year and half after I left my ex-husband to remind me of all crap he put me through. I :heart: it even though it hurt SO bad.
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    my next tattoo is gonna be a naked man staring face to face with a lion...who is really him. not a shoe:tongue:

Do you know anyone with schizophrenia? You don' t have to answer if you don't want to.
  • foxyforce
    Options

i thought you could cover black tattoos, have you actually talked to an artist about this. usually theyll do something bigger with lots of detail over it.
  • foxyforce
    Options

Do you know anyone with schizophrenia? You don' t have to answer if you don't want to.

yeah, lots of people. i just left my job where i work with homeless individuals, a lot of which are struggling with various mental health issues. and my aunt has it.

they guy that inspired this tattoo truly believes he is a monster and yet trying to do god justice.

i have never seen such an awful, horrible, disease. and i only call it a disease because there isn't a cure, medication helps people cope...but if episodes are all over the place, and no one is there to hold them accountable, they won't take them. and doctors can prescribe the wrong meds. it is awful. i am fighting against it!!!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

i thought you could cover black tattoos, have you actually talked to an artist about this. usually theyll do something bigger with lots of detail over it.

They are both pretty big about 5 in each and almost solid black so it would be really hard to do anything that isn't a HUGE trible and even that would look strange.
  • foxyforce
    Options

They are both pretty big about 5 in each and almost solid black so it would be really hard to do anything that isn't a HUGE trible and even that would look strange.

aw, just gotta embrace em then!:heart:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    yeah, lots of people. i just left my job where i work with homeless individuals, a lot of which are struggling with various mental health issues. and my aunt has it.

they guy that inspired this tattoo truly believes he is a monster and yet trying to do god justice.

i have never seen such an awful, horrible, disease. and i only call it a disease because there isn't a cure, medication helps people cope...but if episodes are all over the place, and no one is there to hold them accountable, they won't take them. and doctors can prescribe the wrong meds. it is awful. i am fighting against it!!!

Developing that type of disease is one of my biggest fears. The idea of being trapped in my own absolutely terrifies me.
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    aw, just gotta embrace em then!:heart:

Plus one of them is my first tattoo so there is a sentamental attachement to it, :smile:
  • foxyforce
    Options

Developing that type of disease is one of my biggest fears. The idea of being trapped in my own absolutely terrifies me.

just take care of your mental health, how to do that i don't really know, just appreciate it i guess.

i gotta run to catch a bus! i will chat with you and the other ladies later.:flowerforyou:
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options

Great Idea! Makes you accountable for the top weight too. Something to ponder.