Stay away from____________!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
KBGirts
KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
I think it's funny when people say "Stay away from (insert food here)!" For example: "Stay away from refine sugar and processed foods" . While I agree with what's being advised, I find the "stay away from" part funny. To me it sounds kinda like "Stay away from poison ivy"...... I always imagine the food sitting on a table in one corner of the room, and someone wide eye and freaked out in another corner trying to "stay away" from it.

..... But then again, I'm kind of a dork.

What are some foods we should "STAY AWAY FROM"????

Mine are all those fake, crappy oils. What are yours?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    stay away from soy products....seriously
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    When I saw the title, I was gonna say "Amber"
  • kay7jay
    kay7jay Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stay away from milk. All the hormones and it's not natural to drink milk anyways after being weaned.. Unless you're that 10 year old on the cover of the magazine this week :)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    DAMMIT! me too! lol
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options

haha, that's kinda what I thought this post was gonna be about also....lol.

I now stay away from Energy drinks. All that added sugar. Has been one of the few things that have helped me reach my goal
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Stay away from milk. All the hormones and it's not natural to drink milk anyways after being weaned.. Unless you're that 10 year old on the cover of the magazine this week :)

Hey I drink milk every day and I've yet to grow a dingdong so I don't see where the problem is.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i HAVE to stay away frome oreos!!! those are the best damn things in the world and if i get ahold of a box 1/2 of it will be gone in one sitting!!! :blushing:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Aspartame.

Since Amber was already mentioned...
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Grains, Sugar (including the hidden stuff in processed junk) and anything with 'low fat' or 'diet' on the label.

It's a bit of a shame there isn't enough material to write another tedious diet book but that's it in a nutshell.

If we all did that then MFP probably wouldn't exist ;)

Oh yes, well reminded, and aspartame. :)
  • arsonsmom
    arsonsmom Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Skittles they are evil:devil: :devil: :devil: !!! LOL
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Margarine
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options

Who's Amber?
  • kay7jay
    kay7jay Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Hey I drink milk every day and I've yet to grow a dingdong so I don't see where the problem is.

............Yet. :smokin:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Two girls with one cup!!!!!
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Horomones in milk won't make you grow a "ding dong." It will just mess up the horomones you have.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

xD omg!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Horomones in milk won't make you grow a "ding dong."

Well, I've always drank milk.... soooo :tongue:
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options

xD omg!

My thoughts exactly hahaha
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options

Horomones in milk won't make you grow a "ding dong." It will just mess up the horomones you have.

Well aware of that, I was making a joke. I may be young but I'm not as stupid as some of my generation, thanks.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Avocados, because I hate them. I tried to like them, but I just can't do it.