Stay away from____________!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    There's a protein in milk and other dairy products called casein that studies show causes cancer. But so does everything else apparently.

hmmmm...I intentionally take a casein protein powder frequently

do you have source for this claim?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Stay away from milk. All the hormones and it's not natural to drink milk anyways after being weaned.. Unless you're that 10 year old on the cover of the magazine this week :)

Hey I drink milk every day and I've yet to grow a dingdong so I don't see where the problem is.

It's not natural to drink it because milk comes from COWS. Cow's milk is for baby cows, we are not cows! If you want to drink milk it should be a human's milk, not a cow's. Besides, we aren't meant to drink milk once we are able to eat solid foods.
    Who wants to drink something that is meant to help a baby cow grow to over 400 pounds in 8-10 months?

This logic on this is....well..... illogical

There's a protein in milk and other dairy products called casein that studies show causes cancer. But so does everything else apparently.

Would love to see the case studies also.

But - even if true - it does not negate the fact that the arguement made above is illogical.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options

I didn't claim it.....

but if you have access to peer reviews from a college or library, try this one:

The Influence of Dietary Casein Level on Tumor Induction with 2-Acetylaminofluorene
    R. W. Engel and D. H. Copeland
    Cancer Res 1952;12:905-908.
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    human meat...tastes like spam
  • KBGirts
    Options

I didn't claim it.....

The Influence of Dietary Casein Level on Tumor Induction with 2-Acetylaminofluorene

I think it talks about it in The China Study. The work was done on rats so it's all speculation. Some people are allergic to it though, so that makes me wonder. Supposedly organic dairy doesn't contain it.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i really dont get this amber thing especially since my name is amber
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

I didn't claim it.....

am I mistaken or is that study from 1952?
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Stay away from milk. All the hormones and it's not natural to drink milk anyways after being weaned.. Unless you're that 10 year old on the cover of the magazine this week :)

Hey I drink milk every day and I've yet to grow a dingdong so I don't see where the problem is.

............Yet. :smokin:

lol. you can solve that hormone problem and get some fresh farm milk sold at a local market. i have read that dairy is not a necessity, although there seems to be some mixed research on that.
    i stay away from high fructose corn syrup. that **** nasty.
  • kwehrheim
    kwehrheim Posts: 9
    Options
    I stay away from dieting and advice on what foods not to eat. The only way I've been able to lose as much as I have is by eating whatever the hell I wanted and just exercising more. Not eating the things you love is a great way to burn yourself out on dieting and fall off the wagon.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I didn't claim it.....

I dunno about the reference there, but I'm pretty sure that study was done about 10 yrs ago by the china study guy, and it's a one-off study done on rats. Other studies have shown the opposite findings, that casein and whey protect against cancer. I would not call that convincing enough to eliminate a food group.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Two girls with one cup!!!!!

Uggggggggggggh Seriously! That was the worst thing I've ever seen lol
  • KBGirts
    Options

I didn't claim it.....

Looks like it. That must warrant it completely false.
  • aedan777
    aedan777 Posts: 1
    Options
    On the border :-(...awesome Mexican food, binged there yesterday! Guilty? Kind of, regret it? A little. Satisified? Hell yea! lol
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Stay away from vegetarianism. Seriously, eat meat. You're not cool and nobody cares.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

I didn't claim it.....

Looks like it. That must warrant it completely false.

now now...I didnt say that it is completely false.. However, with the advances since then, etc. would make me question why, if casein is cancer causing, it wouldnt be more mainstream news
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Stay away from vegetarianism. Seriously, eat meat. You're not cool and nobody cares.

Apparently you do - because you just mentioned it
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

It's not natural to drink it because milk comes from COWS. Cow's milk is for baby cows, we are not cows! If you want to drink milk it should be a human's milk, not a cow's. Besides, we aren't meant to drink milk once we are able to eat solid foods.
    Who wants to drink something that is meant to help a baby cow grow to over 400 pounds in 8-10 months?

steak and hamburger come from cows....is that off limits too? are steak and hamburgers only for baby cows?

i didn't know that cows started eating each other. when did this happen...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I didn't do anything to you! :sad:
  • AlyiEli2017
    AlyiEli2017 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Stay away from diet coke 0 calories tooooooo much sodium:sad:
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the food police!

Seriously, I'm watching sodium, that's a big one.