Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow this just happened to me. I wasnt comfortable. The guy has grandkids i have no kids. I don't even know how much older he is the man won't tell me and my really sure I could get comfortable with it I'm just trying to figure it out so thanks for the feedback
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pre-husband, I dated a man with kids that were only a few years younger than me. *shrugs*. It happens.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I want kids, so I would really have to like a much older man to marry him (I would be fine with 10 years older, much more not so much). My friend's dad was in his late 50s when he fathered her, and I see how it's affected her in life, so I wouldn't want to do that to a kid as well. But if I end up being single until I'm past having kids, I have no problem with an older man!
  • sharibob3
    sharibob3 Posts: 180
    Options
    Oh boy oh boy... I was married to a man 15 years older then me for 10 years.. Sorry BUT it was the worst experience. We had two children together and that was the only time he was ever intimate with me (at least thats what it seemed like).
    We had not one thing in common, I feel like I lost my 20's due to him... He acted like an old man and never wanted to do anything.. It was so boring... UGH I will NEVER date anyone more then 5 years older then me ever again..

I was so freaking happy when I caught him having an affair, I ran down to the court house to file for divorce.... :happy:
  • wilkin777
    wilkin777 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 10 years older than me and we've been together just over 2 & a 1/2 years. I don't think age matters. It is more about having a true connection with someone.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    My dad is 13 years older than my mom and they have been married for 26 years and doing fine! My hubby is 2 years older than me so not that much of a big deal.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I REALLY wanted to date a guy who was 35 when I was 23. He liked me too but when he found out how old I was he said we should just be friends. He was an amazing friend for the 4 years we knew each other (he died suddenly at the age of 39 of a congenital heart defect) but if he had allowed it, I would have taken him in a second and even though he ended up dying I wouldn't have and don't regret any of it. So glad I met him!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I like older guys!, experience talks, and they treat you like a queen. Years ago I dated a guy 14 years older than me, I was 25, he was 39, and omg I was head over heels!!.. not to mention that he was GREAT in you-know-what! LOL
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Ive always been with older men. My partner is 13 years older
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Older men..only if there hot like aaaa Dr. Drew...or the Dr. from house....Johnny Depp....Maybe throw a little Hugh Hefner...BuckCherry..HEll yeahhh

My husband is 7 years older then me
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and my bf is 36 in October, we'll be getting hitched in two years and hopefully having kids, we earn the same money and I'm in charge of the bills, cleaning etc. at home so eleven though there's a 9.5 age gap it doesn't feel like it
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ugh. My dad just married a woman from Thailand who is a year younger than me (she's 31, he's 56.) He's going through the paperwork now to move her here (US) in about six months. I'm really trying to be positive about the whole thing, as he seems happy, but I just can't shake this :grumble: :sick::explode: :sick: :huh: feeling. Am I wrong to find the whole situation unappealing?
    No offence, but seems like one of those mail order bride things.................................that s*** ain't right!!!

My suspicions are confirmed!!! :laugh:.....:sick: .......:cry: ..........:grumble:

My friend married a Thai girl and she is a really lovely person. I think they must be something like more than 15 years married now. They have a little boy and its seems like a very successful happy marriage. Not sure on the age disparity but it would be 18 or so years difference.
  • mindatease
    mindatease Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently dating a man that is 33 years older than me. I am 20 and he will be 53. As odd as it seems we "WORK". He is my best friend and my lover. I can't blame it on daddy issues either. I have always been mature for my age. At 13 I was always going on 30 in my family's eyes. I have my life in order and so does he and we truly enjoy our time together. That's not to say that in a few years time things might change but as of right now I am happy, loved and living the life I want to live. I wouldn't trade it for the world!
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm marring a man that is ten years older than me and never thought I would even date that much older. but we just click.
    And he is the one and only guy my mother AND my grandparents approved of. Actually they love him so much, they already considered him family years ago.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    My ex was ten and six months older than me ..

Ten years and 6 months, that should say..
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My father-in-law's wife is about 13 years younger than him. He raised her son since he was about 2. They get along great. I personalyl don't think I could be with someone that much older than me, but there are plenty of people with large age gaps that live very happily together.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is going to be 39 next month, i'm 26, going to be 27 in 2 months...12 years between us and we plan on having a family someday. i see nothing wrong with it and i have no daddy issues. i just happened to meet and fall in love with someone older than me kind of on accident. i wasn't "looking" for an older guy....he doesn't look that old, in fact when he tells people how old he is they don't believe him and guess he is closer to my age....i really don't pay attention to the age thing anymore. i am very happy with him so it doesn't matter. my parents weren't too happy with it at first but now they don't care or notice once they got to know him. we've been together 5 1/2 years now.

oh and might i also add he has no children, and has never been married. this might be part of why it works so well. im not sure i could deal with baby mama drama or ex-wives....
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    ... But watch out for daddy issues.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • JEWEL776
    JEWEL776 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A woman told me the other day that there are women who would date an older man ( 10-15 years older) and even have a family. My opinion is she was wrong but I want to ask the ladies on MFP. What are your thoughts?

My husband is 10 years older then me and we have a family. :)
  • bricktowngal
    bricktowngal Posts: 206
    Options
    Older guys are the way to go I find that they have their act together. They are much more maturer and know what they want in life.