Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I prefer men who are at least 10 years older than me. I've been on my own since I wss very young,I find younger men aren't as mature as I'd like
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I must admit I am pleasantly surprise by the responses and have thought about dating some younger for a long time. As long as the chemistry is right age should not matter!!!
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My husband is 12 years older then me. Either he acts younger or I act older. It has worked so far. We have been married for 11 years. It will be 12 years in July. I will admit...it is not always easy but then again what marriage is?
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    One thing I forgot to mention in my first response, back on page 2? I have always been attracted to men in their mid to late 30s. When I was 15 (no, I wasn't even dating when I was 15!) and when I was 50 and even now. Only thing is; now I doubt I would date a guy in his mid 30s (even if he was interested), but I still think there is something very sexy about a guy in that age range. :love:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My husband's step mom is 11 years younger then my father in law. They have an amazing marriage/relationship and three great children.
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My best friend married a man 20 yr older then her I introduced them. He is wonderful to her and her daughter.
  • amikad
    amikad Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm being pursued by a man that is 18 years older than I. In some ways I think it can work...but there are other times when I think it wouldn't. For reasons like my kids are the same age as his grandchild. I am just starting with a new toddler and he has been done with and kids and expressed not wanting more, while i wouldn't mind having another with my husband. But if I was done with kids and my kids were a little older it just might work.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I seek/sought after older men like in their late 40's and 50's because they were not talking of having children and "appeared" to have their lives in order. I found they were all odd after awhile and some where even stalkerish. I already knew why they wanted to me:noway:
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 24, married to a man who is 43. By far, the BEST relationship I have ever been in. And that includes all friendships and family relationships. We currently have two kids and are working on a third =)
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    When you see a man >40 with a woman <25............................................thats just plain creepy!!!
    Daddy issues and weird fetishes have to contribute to that s***!!!!!!

And that's why you will find it really hard to find a woman in your 20s. Women don't put up with stupid **** like you just said.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    A woman told me the other day that there are women who would date an older man ( 10-15 years older) and even have a family. My opinion is she was wrong but I want to ask the ladies on MFP. What are your thoughts?

ESCANDOLO!! Older men with younger women! Having families!!!!!! I can't believe this is true. :laugh:
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When you see a man >40 with a woman <25............................................thats just plain creepy!!!
    Daddy issues and weird fetishes have to contribute to that s***!!!!!!

And that's why you will find it really hard to find a woman in your 20s. Woman don't put up with stupid **** like you just said.

AGREED!!!
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    its not just age that counts but so much more than that,
    you have to be able to get along , be best friends , and lovers, be tolerant and patient with each other,
    have good communication, and stand by each other no matter what life throws at you,
    and the older you both are the gap seems less important,
    my husband is 5 years older than me we have been together since 1974 and married in 1976.
    You have to work through issues and forgive incidentals. be loyal and respect each other.

WELL SAID ....
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    as long as you dont come off as an old man then why not. sometimes people start to get set in their ways and their habits.

age is just a number for me, but if it's evident then someone has lost their youthful curiosity about life and the world around them then they will immediately be too old for me, regardless of their age.. and yeah i've met guys who were younger chronologically but still OLD as hell :laugh:
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Actually, the last guy I dated was 20 years older than me. At that time, I was 25 and he was 45. It worked for a few years....but as he got closer to 50, things changed...I don't know exactly what it was, but I started to noticed the difference in our ages. Maybe it was because we got more comfortable with the years of dating...but generational differences really started to get on my nerves. Now I would probably not date someone over 10 years older than me...but it would really depend on the person I guess...
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    My cut off when I was single was 10 years. But if I would have met a guy 15 y/older than me and I liked him. I would have totally dated him. My husband on the other hand is only a whopping 3 months older than me.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I like older, I always have. My first real love was 15 years older...we tried having kids (didn't work) and almost got married. I've been with a guy 20 years older and though it was the hottest of all hot, I could not see having a life with him (though if my kids were grown I could see it), but I have very young kids and I think someone closer to my age would probably be best all around for my circumstances. The best physical chemistry I've had in my entire life were with those 2 men, so my vote is that if you find someone you love more than anything....do whatever feels right for you.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My husband is 10 years older than me, we dated, married and have two children now. I don't understand why an age gap is a deal breaker...
  • sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been married for 13years to my hubby! He is 14 years older than I am! So far, So good!! :)