Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• emzmc
    emzmc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and I've always fancied/liked/attracted to older guys. But if "the one" was my age then fine or if he was older then fine.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem in it. I've dated a guy who was 9 years older than me, no issues. Older men know what they want.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and at this point of my life, definately not. I'm not looking to settle down anytime soon and I'd be afraid that's what a guy that much older than me would want.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    My SO is 8 years older than me, I think it's pretty common.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I always dated guys that were older than me and if i didnt happen to find someone as mature as my husband, that is actually 6 months younger than me, i prob would have married someone 10 years or so older than me. I think that there are plenty of ladies out there that would.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Hubby is 10 years older then me. Has not bothered us much for the past 24 years!!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    1/2 the women in my family married men 10 to 15 years older.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My friend is 26 and her husband is in his mid-30s, I believe. :smile:
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That was my situation with my late husband. He was 10 years older than I and we had two children (boys) who are now 16 and 20. Would I try it again? I'd have to think about it the second time around. Although I'm no spring chicken (53 and proud of it ) I don't think I'm ready to play nurse to a man that is 10 years or more older than my current age.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else I agree that age is just a number. There are great 30 year old men/women and crappy ones just like there are 50 year old good ones and bad ones. If someone finds love then who am I to say they are too old or young for the other?
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'd never date anyone more than 8-10 years older than me and even that's pushing it! For starters it would be more likely that the person I'm dating would die quite a few years before me leaving me widowed, or they'd more than likely lose their sex drive (tmi?) way before me...
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    my husband is 11 years older and age is definatly an issue NOW. when we got married not a issue.. but he seems to age faster and acts like an 90 year old man now (he is 56). im sure it's not that way for alot of men.. but lucky me.. i got a very old acting man to deal with. :(

I agree with this... My Ex was 13 years older than me and we were just too different in the end but it wasn't our ages as much as who we were as people. He was 40 at the time but acted like he was 65 (he was also painfully shy and introverted and didn't ever want to go out) whereas I was 27 but felt like my youth had escaped me and I wanted to get out and 'live'!!

I've seen plenty of very successful families where there was a noteable age difference between spouses though...
  • adams4101
    adams4101 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I married my husband when I was 18, he is 13 years older than me. We have been married now for 11 years and have 4 beautiful children. I wouldn't have it any other way!:bigsmile:
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My husband is 20 years older than I am. I've always been attracted to older men, they are so much more mature and distinguished.
  • AshCakes88
    AshCakes88 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've dated guys 10yrs + and it's really a matter of maturity and chemistry. Because they were older, it seemed like they wanted the same things I wanted in life and we were more so on the same page than younger guys. I have no preference between older and younger. Just so happend that we caught each other's attention.
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I only date guys older than me. i'd marry a guy older than me by however many years if we loved each other.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My amazing husband is 20 years older than I am. We just got married this last fall and have been together for 3 years. He's 43 and I turn 23 in a couple of weeks. For us, it just simply works and we're on the same page in about everything we do. We are both avid sports fans and want to continue to country life style we both grew up with.

I've always connected with people older than myself, I've always been more mature and intolerant of the antics associated with the young, immature types! Male and female friends alike, I just have a greater appreciation for people who are more mature, so it was pretty natural that I married the guy I did.

To him, it made sense to pursue a younger woman at the time he did, he was 40, never married and frankly, too tied up at the farm working to go pick up trash at a bar that wasn't really ever going to help him get to his goal of getting married and starting a family. Not to mention, for him to find someone his age, would have pretty much shot the goals of a family right out the window! Me being 23, my reproductive years are in their prime, so while he'll be older as we start a family, my age won't be a concern.

Could there be problems other couples don't have for us in the future, heck yes. There is no denying he'll grow old before I do, however, I could drop dead tomorrow and he would be the one living on without me. You never really know, I don't see there to be any reason to deny your self happiness if you've found the right person just because the "age" isn't right. I'd rather be happy now, than miserable worrying about what I missed out on.
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A woman told me the other day that there are women who would date an older man ( 10-15 years older) and even have a family. My opinion is she was wrong but I want to ask the ladies on MFP. What are your thoughts?

My husband is 12 years older than me. This is my first marriage. We have 2 kids together and we're trying for a third. We've been together for 11 years and I couldn't picture my life with someone different. I think it's a personal preference thing. I couldn't stand dating anyone my own age. They had no drive, no direction in life, they didn't care about anything except drinking and clubbing. I went to college. I never enjoyed drinking. A brain is more important than how many beers you can drink during the course of one evening. And yes I realize that my husband was that age once and those were things that most people did once in their lives. And again, I realize not everyone is like this. However, every guy that I dated that was my age (18-24) was like that and until I met my husband, I had started to believe that I would have to lower my standards drastically to find someone.
    So yes, I would totally date an older man. lol
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    My ex was ten and six months older than me ..
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My husband is 18 years older than me I'm 23 he's 41 , we have five children and have been happily married for 5 years. My mom and step dad have been together 20 years and he is 10 years older than her. My husbands father is 20 years older than his wife and they have been happily married for 15 years. Age means nothing.